Collaboration: Template Names

I just did the first one, will probably do more later.

Dumb question: is there any reason for the SMB3 episodes to be separate from their main template?

The main TAoSMB3 template's pretty long already, so it's the "outsource extra info to keep things at a reasonable length" idea. Then SMWTV's separated for consistency with the other two (TSMBSS definitely needs separation).

Megadardery said:
To differ from Super Mario Strikers (SMS) but I think it should be moved
Yeah, I get that, but why SMSS? Why not the full name or Sunshine? SMSS just seems awkward to me. Also, I'm already in the middle of changing links to it.

Nah. Like the two Galaxies templates, it's sort of a random species-type template that also parallels game stuff. It's got its own colours, it doesn't need the same naming convention (it's nice and simple and fine the way it is now), and it should always go at the tops of template stacks, rather than mixed in with the actual game/series-based templates.

Regarding "SMSS"... I dunno, whoever made it just thought that'd work as an abbreviation, and no one cared enough to change it. Simple as that. But yeah, now that we do care about regulating these things, the full name ("Template:Super Mario Sunshine") is what we want.

Even better. I can remove the template from all the pages and axe it, if you want.

Back