Re: Wikiland ~ A probably horrible Guild fic ~ Signups available

Bowser45 said:
Lakituthequick said:
Yoshiwaker said:
The Boulder said:
Dr. Javelin said:
so

what are the odds of you actually "actually making" this
Sir, the possibility of him successfully writing a story is approximately 3,720 to 1.
Never tell him the odds!
But 3720 is even...
lrn2 Star Wars
lrn2joke

Nabber said:
whenever I try to write a story I try to write a good amount of it before I actually post sign-ups so I know I have actual material
that sounds like a bad idea because-
Nabber said:
the drawback is that characters are not necessarily befitting of their names
oh, i guess you're aware of the problem with that then

I personally find it pretty impossible to write without the characters talking for themselves. Like, I come up with a great character personality, usually built upon what people sent me, and then I basically throw the characters together and imagine "what would this person say in this situation?". It usually works pretty well for dialogue, although La Reine's dialogue has been kinda difficult for me. Walkazo, Javelin, and Anton work out pretty well though, with Anton's personality being based on if he went off the deep end. But I mean, I talked over that personality change with him first.

So what I'm saying is... it helps a lot if you imagine first the character, and then imagine what they would say given their circumstances. Asking people about their character's personality is the most important part of signups, which is why I only took the best signups and put them into my story. I think that's the same reason why Tabuu only uses people he knows, although I'm not sure.

See, this is why I don't ask for character info from sign-ups - it makes it harder for the writer to write the story. Not that a writer shouldn't be challenged, but they should be able to write the story as they see it, not how their readers want it to be.

It doesn't really make it harder if you use their character info as merely a starting point. I mean, obviously you're going have to make changes to fit the story. That's something called artistic license. Evert fiction author uses it to some degree.

But it's still helpful to use their info as a way to create a character that can both follow (sorta) what they imagined and also follow what you, the author, want.

At least in my experience.

the reason that I didn't do character info is that I still have leftover plot diagrams and loose scraps of wrighting from my first attempt, and I don't want to fuck it up.

I'm canceling this, but this time it's NOT because I'm lazy.

I pitched the idea to my brother, and he wants to publish an edited version (i.e., removing references to real-life users) of it as an e-book for our school.

So... yeah.

i think that once happened with my story

yea i'm in

you could always just forbid your brother from publishing the story or something

or block him from the site

idk

whynot

85 said:
I'm canceling this, but this time it's NOT because I'm lazy.

I pitched the idea to my brother, and he wants to publish an edited version (i.e., removing references to real-life users) of it as an e-book for our school.

So... yeah.

what

Back