DC Cinematic Universe

well if the movie sucks, at least the trailers are good.

Yeah, everyone was hyping BvS like it would be the greatest thing since peanut butter...unless your allergic. Then the critics shitted on it. Granted I still enjoyed it tho.

ok ok but

is no one pointing out how Rick and Morty is playing on a tv in the background

this flash is already better than the tv show one (cause he sucked ass)

hopefully snyder won't fuck this up this time, getting really pissed off with him tbh

also can't believe how long it took me to realise just how sexy wonder woman is in this

this chick is just...wow

man i would love to take her out to a nice dinner and walk her back to her house and give her a kiss

cause i'm a gentleman

i'm not trusting the critic reviews on this one, they almost never care for any of the behind the scenes stuff, while the fans do

they also gave the new ghostbusters a good review, while audience reviews gave it shit

audience reviews on rotten tomatoes for suicide squad say something like 74%, which is why i'm trusting them from now on

screw the critics, they're always fucking over good (enough) films

All the problems people have with Suicide Squad are the same problems I had with BvS. That is a very bad sign.

Apparently from what I've read, the original cuts of movies like this and BvS were decent, but Warner Bros always steps in and edits it heavily against the will of the teams who actually make the movie. Basically they think their vision of the movie is better than the one of the people who poured their heart and soul into their project. So if suicide squad actually is bad, WB is probably more at fault then whoever directed it.

Anyway I'll probably watch this regardless of reviews since it looks pretty damn fun.

Jeff Goldblum said:
i'm not trusting the critic reviews on this one, they almost never care for any of the behind the scenes stuff, while the fans do

they also gave the new ghostbusters a good review, while audience reviews gave it shit

audience reviews on rotten tomatoes for suicide squad say something like 74%, which is why i'm trusting them from now on

you do realize that critics are just big movie fans, right? they want to like movies. they just also have to give an unbiased review of a movie that isn't "the trailer looked good, therefore the whole movie must be"

the main reason ghostbusters has "bad" user reviews is because a bunch of manbabies went and gave it bad ratings before it even came out, which is how it now has one of the worst ratings on imdb (having seen it today, i can tell you that it was quite enjoyable)

meanwhile, while suicide squad looks enjoyable, considering that most people didn't like Man of Steel and hated BvS, it really is hard for me to be surprised that this might actually be awful

i'm going to see it anyway and judge for myself, but a good trailer =/= a good movie, just like a bad trailer =/= a bad movie

also considering suicide squad literally just came out last night, the user reviews are going to be skewed highly towards positive since most of the ratings are going to be from people who haven't seen it yet

Nabber said:
Jeff Goldblum said:

you do realize that critics are just big movie fans, right? they want to like movies. they just also have to give an unbiased review of a movie that isn't "the trailer looked good, therefore the whole movie must be"

the main reason ghostbusters has "bad" user reviews is because a bunch of manbabies went and gave it bad ratings before it even came out, which is how it now has one of the worst ratings on imdb (having seen it today, i can tell you that it was quite enjoyable)
as a moviegoer myself, i identify more with my fellow moviegoers than i do with critics who are more often than not paid to give a film a good or bad review

this is just my own opinion, i'll be deciding on whether a film is good or bad by what the audience thinks of it from now on

well yeah critics are paid to give the movie a review... but that has nothing to do with whether they give it a good or bad review...

i mean, yeah, you're entitled to choose which factors you use to decide whether to see a movie. i just don't like this "fuck the critics" attitude that's been going around recently because they gave some films bad reviews... people have been accusing critics of being paid by disney to give DC movies bad reviews and there's even bullshit petition to shut down rotten tomatoes

No, I mean even if the movie is bad, they'll get paid to say the movie is good, and vice versa.

That happens

i don't know any actual case of critics being paid off to give good reviews

if that were the case, why doesn't every blockbuster get good reviews? warners brothers certainly has the money to pay critics to like Batman v Superman, which was a very very important film to them

you're asking the wrong person to figure that out, maybe some people out there simply have consciences

anyway, i don't see how this affects you or GP in any shape or form anyway

this is just what i'm going to do from now on, purely because i identify better with other moviegoers

i just have faith that maybe the critics can be wrong for a change, if you don't agree with what i'm doing, just pass it off as "neptune's being senile" or something

i'm certainly not attempting to force you two to do the same, no need to get on at me

Back