How do you deal with enemies in Mario RPG's

How do ya deal with 'em

• I fight all or most enemies I come across and I crush them.

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • I sometimes fight them and I sometimes don't

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • I only fight a couple in each area and then just ignore the rest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just try to avoid them all

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters

NSY

Celestial Guide
So how do you fight Them.

I usually just fight them the the moment I see them.

Yoshidude99 said:
I fight all of them.

this.

i dont have to deal with random encounter in mario rpgs so its pretty easy. Might also explain why mario rpgs are so easy too.

I'm crap at fighting some enemies, so I avoid those, but every other enemy will die by my attacks >:)

Depends on the game I'm playing.

In the Mario and Luigi series, I fight every enemy I can.

In the Paper Mario games, I tend to avoid the enemies that are not worth fighting because they either have stupidly high defense or attack (Clefts, Chomps, Wizzerds, etc). This doesn't apply to Super Paper Mario, though, because I fight everything there and you actually have a fair chance at avoiding attacks instead of three enemies ganging up on you for 25+ damage a turn.

not sure why you think wizzerds are hard or something, dont ever recall having a tough time with them.

Well to be honest mario rpgs always seem to be easier than other rpgs i play, maybe that's why.

I used to avoid them before I understood fighting gives experience, which levels up your stats. (Yeah when I was a child I was that dumb.) Now I fight them when I deem the fight's difficulty just right. If my HP is low I generally avoid enemies, just in case they get the first turn and KO me. The Shroobs in BiS OHKO'd Mario & Luigi at full HP because I failed to dodge their first attack, lol. I tend to level up POW in the M&L games the most. But yeah I fight some battles and avoid others. In Sticker Star I avoid everything I can since battles are pointless.

I always fight them. No matter what.

I used to always avoid enemies, especially in Partner's in Time (which I still find a little difficult with some enemies).

Then I found out that I couldn't beat some of the harder enemies because of how low leveled I was. And no I fight every enemy that comes in my way, though I don't fight them if I'm revisiting earlier areas since it's a waste of my time.

When dealing with high defense enemies in Paper Mario, I usually just use an item, Piercing Blow, or Yoshi's Glup and I often study the enemies to see what strategies work and don't work. Only time I run from enemies is during the Doopliss Mario scenario.

For the Mario and Luigi games, I usually just fight every enemy I see to rack up the experience points and coins.

I fight all of them, unless it's not worth it (like, I'm on Level 36, and the Enemies give me a total of 12 Exp., or if it's Paper Mario: Sticker Star (the Battle System there feels like you only fight to lose Stickers, instead of actually becoming better)).

In Partners in Time, I forgot to mention that fighting every single enemy is worth my time. Sometimes, I strive to get burnt, poisoned, or dizzy (just to see Baby Luigi react to it <3), sometimes I kill Baby Mario to fight on my own, but most importantly, I strive to be max-leveled. Which is Level 100. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are level 100. Now I'm trying to get max coins. I already have 99 of every item, including Bros. Items.

Oh and I also love hammering the enemies while the baby bros. are tripping or using a stick to whack them (it still one-shots them unless I'm in the Shroob castle where they are two-shotted).

Gee I wasted too much time with that game :P

To be honest, while I find Mario RPG's to be bloody funny, and such, I also find it really linear.
While Pokémon has a more serious nature, you can still freely roam in the Overworld, after beating it (and before too).
Now only if a next Mario & Luigi game could feature free roaming as well, after beating the game, it would make it the best one in the series.

I fight any enemy I can find (gotta get those Star Points) plus I really enjoy the turn based battles.

Fight all the enemies. Collect all the experiences.

This has been my strategy in every RPG I've ever played ever since I couldn't beat the Elite Four in Pokemon LeafGreen because I had avoided most of the Trainers.

wow that was a long time ago

His Excellency Lord Fawfulthegreat64 of the Beanbean Realm said:
I used to avoid them before I understood fighting gives experience, which levels up your stats. (Yeah when I was a child I was that dumb.) Now I fight them when I deem the fight's difficulty just right. If my HP is low I generally avoid enemies, just in case they get the first turn and KO me.

This right here. you're not the only one

Until I started playing JRPGs(which was not that long ago; 2010), I would avoid as much as I could.

If I play them now I usually fight every enemy I see unless I just am in no mood for fights and just want to see the story.

I often fight enemies, but sometimes I just don't want to, so I keep avoiding them. However I do it rarely, because I want to level up.

Back