Nerf/Buff

Ganondorf needs a buff, his speed and jumps are ridiculous. He is slower and less powerful than he was in Melee. I would say only his Warlock Punch got improved.
Captain Falcon needs a buff as well, as Ganondorf he became less powerful in Brawl, his knee is almost impossible to land correctly.

Mario Party X said:
Zae said:
Mario also seems to have had his recovery distance reduced as well.

Actually, I'd say Mario's recovery is slightly better, especially with the ease of grabbing ledges compared to the abysmal recovery in Melee. The mechanics downgrade could contribute to it, but Mario's recovery covers more distance in Brawl than in Melee. Still, that's one of the few buffs he has. Also, this back air seem to have improved, with more reach.

hmm yeah his back air is slightly better, doesn't seem to be comparable too much to luigi's though which is of course longer reach, and it just seems stronger.

Although his recovery seems to have more horizontal range and less vertical but i haven't played melee in awhile so that's probably inaccurate, since all of this is just based off memory.

feel free to correct me though of anything as again, all this is from memory. I should probably go back and see for myself though.

Pharaoh Man said:
Timmy said:
*frames, *random letter*-air, counterattacks, brawl physics, and other stuff
I may ask, how many frames does it take for a whole second to happen in Brawl?
Brawl goes 60 FPS.

Also, with Brawl terminology, the letter indicates directions. B for Back, F for forward, U for Up, D for down and N for Neutral. =P

http://balancedbrawl.net/

This is a good site that acknowledges the problems and strengths each character have. It's a site about a mod, but I think it illustrates well how heavily skewed Barlw was.

Back