The Pikmin Series

Cackletta

Plus, I have no motivation. My parents are fine.
Just a thread to talk about Pikmin strategies, characters, types and all other Pikmin related subjects.

I remember the first time I played Pikmin. The game had already been out for a decade, one day I went into a blockbuster(yes, I know) and I saw the new play control version of the first one. So I rented it and have been hooked on the series ever since. Can't wait for Pikmin 3.

What I did was I played the wii version of pikmin 1 and I did'nt like the controls. So I bought the gamecube version, played through it and beat it. Then I saw that they re-released pikmin 2 on wii as well, I tried to get the gamecube version of pikmin 2 but it's like almost a hundred bucks. So I was forced to get the new play control version of Pikmin 2 for twenty bucks. As of now, I am used to the wii remote controls of pikmin 2 but the gamecube controller is just a dream of a controller.

I'm glad there making a way for multiple control methods for pikmin 3.

I have Pikmin 1 but I keep messing up on day 1. Now I could continue anyway but I don't like having mass Pikmin deaths or being at a disadvantage so I keep resstarting the day.

i actually tried to play pikmin 1 and just got kinda bored of it after a bit.

Kept my attention to day 5 though, which was interesting i guess. Real time strategy games typically dont keep my interest for very long.

Here's something interesting: apparently, Miyamoto has been working on a Pikmin anime:

http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-talks-pikmin-anime/

“To that end I am currently working on putting all the elements that can’t be conveyed only by a game together in one package and am experimenting with making a Pikmin anime. The truth is for the past two years, I’ve been spending more time on the Pikmin anime than the game. (laughs) We’d like people to develop a more fond connection with the Pikmin themselves. In fact, at last year’s E3 many of the Pikmin things we passed around were made from elements we used for the Pikmin anime. Furthermore, since December of last year at Toho Cinema movie theaters there are Pikmin in the logo shown before movies. Even during the parts where they ask people to please put on their 3D glasses, there are Bulborbs running around. These are one piece of the things we’ve done in preparation for the anime.”

I'll have to do some digging up, but I remember reading in an interview Miyamoto saying they were producing animated shorts to promote the game in theaters. Didn't sound like a full-blown series back then.

Smashgoom202 said:
Here's something interesting: apparently, Miyamoto has been working on a Pikmin anime:

“To that end I am currently working on putting all the elements that can’t be conveyed only by a game together in one package and am experimenting with making a Pikmin anime. The truth is for the past two years, I’ve been spending more time on the Pikmin anime than the game. (laughs) We’d like people to develop a more fond connection with the Pikmin themselves. In fact, at last year’s E3 many of the Pikmin things we passed around were made from elements we used for the Pikmin anime. Furthermore, since December of last year at Toho Cinema movie theaters there are Pikmin in the logo shown before movies. Even during the parts where they ask people to please put on their 3D glasses, there are Bulborbs running around. These are one piece of the things we’ve done in preparation for the anime.”
....what would it be about.

Hideyoshi said:
Smashgoom202 said:

....what would it be about.
Olimar interacting with Louie or the President, as well as general shenanigans with the Pikmin themselves? I can think of a number of things.

Anyway, I've been playing Pikmin 3 as much as I can since I got it this past Sunday, and so far, I love it! I just wish I had a strategy guide so I know what I'm doing half the time... I find that odd, both this and Fire Emblem: Awakening feel like games most-deserving of a strategy guide, FAR more then the likes of New Super Mario Bros. U. Fire Emblem: Awakening I guess I can kind of understand, given that Nintendo wasn't that committed to bringing it over here, and was pleasantly surprised to see it sell so well. So why doesn't Pikmin 3 have a strategy guide?

I think it might have to do with the fact that the Wii U isn't selling as well as Nintendo would have hoped and they're cutting corners in that regard. Not to mention, you COULD just ask for help on Miiverse, or look up a GameFAQs write-up without having to leave the game. Still, I like strategy guides as something I can read in the bathroom.

Oh, and as a sidenote related to the game, I love that you technically have an unlimited amount of days to complete the game, but you DO have a limited food supply, which gives you motivation to collect fruit every day.

pretty much lol

though FE: awakening was so easy that it doesnt need much strategy.

cryoAwakening said:
Dimentio said:
I am upset about one problem: I have Pikmin 3, but not a Wii U!

Get a Wii U. Answer solved. :P

But yeah, I don't know why you got Pikmin 3 if you don't have a Wii U...
I am waiting for my B'day so I can remember the day I got it. Also, I pre-ordered Pikmin 3 so I got it the first day.

Back