Nintendo to not allow EVO 2013 to stream Smash Melee

95,000 dollars to breast cancer, and now they won't let them broadcast... that's just rude.

Whoever's been put in charge of "defending Nintendo's Intellectual Property" needs to pull the burr out of their ass and take a chill pill, srsly. The Let's Plays thing was bad enough, but this? Insane.

i'd just like to point out that ALL of this nintendo copyright stuff has been happening since iwata became ceo

Nintendo intellectual property my ass.

I mean I like copyright laws and all but not when it's abused like this.

What a pile of ass.

eheheheh yeah.
My smash friends are in a huge uproar about this also, it's pretty stupid they did this.

That makes it worse.

It's one thing if they're being a-holes to protect their copyright. At least they're proving that they mean business. But when they go back on it just 24 hours later, not only do they piss us off, they look flip-floppy about it.

Toad Eightyfive said:
That makes it worse.

It's one thing if they're being a-holes to protect their copyright. At least they're proving that they mean business. But when they go back on it just 24 hours later, not only do they piss us off, they look flip-floppy about it.

Apparently, the lawyers answered at first because they didn't know that Nintendo allowed the stream. When the mistake was realized, Nintendo contacted whoever to get it back. At least that's what I've heard and it seems like the most probable situation. So, yeah, people are blowing it out of proportion.

Back