Wario RPG Petition

ArkJohnston

Goomba
Hey everybody! I just joined to spread the word about a petition I started with the goal of convincing Nintendo to produce RPG's in the Mario Universe starring Wario. Mario had had several successful RPG titles over the years and it's about time Wario got his chance to shine in the RPG spotlight! If this sounds like something you'd like to see happen, sign the petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wario-rpg/

Hmm Paper Wario sounds interesting, Wario being Wario could use farting as an attack :D

IT could get ten million signatures and it still would never happen. I did sing it though.

It could happen.....if someone hit Miyomoto with a brick.....

I'm not sure if you notice other recent similar threads. If you're new you should beware of it.

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=24725.0

The major problem should be that Wario and the others didn't get any important role in any previous Paper/M&L game. I'm happy to see a story feature Wario and his friends, but it's not the topic to discuss now. I can say I want a Toad RPG or Daisy RPG.

Mario & Luigi RPG 4 IMO should have been about Waluigi and Wario not some stupid Luigi dream thing

The ultimate goal of the petition is to try and show Nintendo that there are people out there interested in a game like this. It's been shown in the past that they do listen to their fans, as demonstrated by them finally selling virtual copies of Earthbound in North America due to fan interest (Wii U virtual console). Not to mention Operation Rainfall which was originally formed as a fan movement to convince Nintendo to localize 3 games (Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower) which have all been localized btw. So I don't think a petition like this is so farfetched as long as it can get enough people to sign it. So sign and show Wario some love! TELL YOUR FRIENDS TOO!

Wario ins't the sort of character that needs an rpg, sorry.

ArkJohnston said:
Hey everybody! I just joined to spread the word about a petition I started with the goal of convincing Nintendo to produce RPG's in the Mario Universe starring Wario. Mario had had several successful RPG titles over the years and it's about time Wario got his chance to shine in the RPG spotlight! If this sounds like something you'd like to see happen, sign the petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wario-rpg/
why are you advertising

i never really sign any petitions

they have no chance of actually making people do anything

Bowser45 the Sith Nazgul Pony of the Caribbean said:
ArkJohnston said:
why are you advertising

I'm not advertising as I have no financial gain out of it, quite the contrary, if Nintendo were to make a Wario RPG I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm just spreading the word about the petition.

ArkJohnston said:
The ultimate goal of the petition is to try and show Nintendo that there are people out there interested in a game like this. So I don't think a petition like this is so farfetched as long as it can get enough people to sign it. So sign and show Wario some love! TELL YOUR FRIENDS TOO!
Far-fetched means there are some necesarry steps to do first. As long as the previous RPGs didn't give important roles to Wario, Daisy and Toad, it should be the first thing to stress on.
Judged on your last sentence, it feels more like a personal dream than a reasonable and possible project to be achieved.

ArkJohnston said:
Bowser45 the Sith Nazgul Pony of the Caribbean said:
ArkJohnston said:
why are you advertising

I'm not advertising as I have no financial gain out of it, quite the contrary, if Nintendo were to make a Wario RPG I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm just spreading the word about the petition.
regardless of whether or you make any money you're still advertising a petition but w/e

But isn't that attitude what makes it farfetched though? Signing the petition wouldn't hurt you and if enough people sign it, it would show Nintendo that there is an audience out there who wants this kind of game. Considering that Wario World sold ~400,000 copies between Japan and USA and it was considered a commercial success, if 100,000 people sign the petition and buy the game when it was made, then that's already 1/4 of the way there. After that they would just need to market it, show people that they made a great game with a unique sense of humor and the rest would be history.

i never really sign any petitions

they have no chance of actually making people do anything

And as I mentioned, Operation Rainfall: fan driven movement with the goal of convincing Nintendo to localize Xenoblade, The Last Story, and Pandora's Tower. All 3 have been localized, pop into a game store and see for yourself. All it took was some fans speaking out. So if you think it would be cool but there is no real chance of it happening, then why not just sign it and forget about it. That way when it doesn't happen you can say I told you so, otherwise you can buy a game knowing that you may have had a hand in it getting made.

Back