NSM's SSB4 Roster (Update #9)

Alright, I made a new roster including the new characters. While it's similar to my past rosters, there are some additions/changes.

I will also update this when new characters that aren't on in are announced (example: Dixie Kong is announced, I'll go ahead and add her and remove someone else).

I have also posted reasons below. Please comment on it!

333xzwi.png

Mario: You guys know I've wanted Toad, there he is. He would use moves inspired by SMB2, Wario's Woods, New Super Mario Bros., and other games where he has a major appearance.

Donkey Kong: Added King K. Rool, since I think they need more villain representation in Smash.

Yoshi: I thought about adding the Baby Mario Bros., but I just figured they would never do that and went with a more realistic approach and just kept only Yoshi.

Wario: Just Wario. Yep.

Zelda: Removed Toon Link (get out you dumb clone!) and added Young Link and Ghirahim. Now Young Link would get a HUGE makeover from Melee. He would now use a Mask-based moveset and could change into Deku, Goron, and Zora Link. His Final Smash would be Fierce Deity Link. Ghirahim would just be awesome since he used both magic AND swordplay. His moves would be taken from the Skyward Sword boss fights.

Metroid: Ridley! Yes he can be sized down easily. Olimar is 1 inch tall (the size of a quarter) and Bowser has been huge before. I've seen some pretty awesome movesets people have made for him. (her? Idk)

Kid Icarus: Added Palutena. It would bring another female into the series, and her role as a goddess would just be awesome. She would use magic and light based moves, along with using her staff.

Pikmin: No changes.

Kirby: Ok, this one is rather unlikely, since I don't think they will add a fourth rep for Kirby, but I think Waddle Dee with a spear would be awesome! I think a spear hasn't been used in the series so it would be a new fighting style.

F-Zero: I know people want Goroh or Black Shadow and stuff, but I thought about it, and unless they plan on reviving F-Zero, it's not gonna happen.

Starfox: No additions. If they took out someone and added Krystal, I wouldn't care either way.

Earthbound: No additions. Really wouldn't care if Lucas left though.

Pokemon: I don't play Pokemon, so I just did what other people want, really. I hate the Pokemon Trainer, but I figured if I added Lucario people would yell at me and say he isn't going to return, so yeah, whatever. I know there have been rumors that Mewtwo would return (or something like that) so she's in.

Fire Emblem: YAY! Chrom is added. Fire Emblem needs three reps badly. I think Marth and Ike should become like the people who return for every game, and maybe just swap in a new character each game (this case it would be Chrom).

Animal Crossing: Villager! He'll be awesome.

Wii Fit: Oh yes, this will be awesome. Moving on.

Retro series: I added Takamaru. His minigame in Nintendo Land gives him more of a chance. And plus, fighting as a ninja just fits Smash Bros.

Other Nintendo: I added Little Mac, Shulk, and Dillon. I think Little Mac is really likely with that boxing arena stage they showed, plus a lot of people want him in. AND JUST LOOK AT HIM. He IS a fighter. I plan on playing Xenoblade later this year maybe, but Shulk just looks like he'd be so cool, and it feels like he just belongs. Dillon is someone I've been considering, and he wasn't on any of my previous rosters. His game has gotten a sequel, and I think he'd be a really unique fighter.

Third-Party: I don't think there will be more than three third-party characters, so I ended up removing Snake, and added Pac Man. If you say Pac Man has no potential, you're wrong. I've played one of the Pac Man games from the PS1 and it's awesome, and there is plenty of potential for him. Plus Namco is working on the game with Sora, so it seems likely he'll be in.

Updates:

t722d5.png

- Olimar, Young Link, and Mewtwo pics are updated.
- Zoroark removed, Nintendog added

2lvfjhw.png

- Luigi's pic is updated
- Changed Nintendog to Starfy

24b8bb6.png

- Peach's pic is updated
- Changed Toad to Bowser Jr. (seems as though Toad won't be appearing)

1zxml3q.png

- Masked Link removed, Toon Link added (ugh, hate that)
- Sonic's pic is updated

5maicj.png

- Lucario is added, Takamaru removed

10ok9a8.png

- Rosalina added, Bowser Jr. removed
- Dixie Kong added, King K. Rool removed
- Marth's pic is updated.

2cyp8z.png

- Muddy Mole added, Starfy removed
- Zelda's pic is updated

2vbkjgy.png

- King Dedede's pic is updated
- Lucario's pic is updated

Re: NSM's SSB4 Roster

Different moveset or not, Young Link is still Link!

Note: I don't actually believe that. That's just what people always say to me about Paper Mario.

Pretty nice, overall.
Though I am a bit skeptical on Young Link and I personally would prefer Jr. over Toad as Toad already appears in Peach's moveset and Toad is pretty... Generic.

Really like your roster, I would only make two changes

Toad -> Bowser Jr.
Young Link -> Professor Layton

Rosy the Rascal said:
Pharaoh Man said:
So what will Peach's Neutal B be?
Toadsworth, duh.
Yeah I hate when people use the Neutral B argument.

NSY said:
Really like your roster, I would only make two changes

Toad -> Bowser Jr.
Young Link -> Professor Layton
I can understand the first one, but those last two aren't even related. At least replace it with a different Zelda rep.

Phantom L said:
Pretty nice, overall.
Though I am a bit skeptical on Young Link and I personally would prefer Jr. over Toad as Toad already appears in Peach's moveset and Toad is pretty... Generic.
Toad is still more important to the series than Bowser Jr. though, at least in my opinion.

Matt Foley said:

Note: I don't actually believe that. That's just what people always say to me about Paper Mario.

Matt Foley said:
Matt Foley said:

Why are you quoting this again?

What do you want me to say about it?

New Super Mario said:
Matt Foley said:
Matt Foley said:

How Young Link's scenario is different from Paper Mario's.

And what do you mean quote again? I only quoted this once.

Matt Foley said:
New Super Mario said:
Matt Foley said:
Matt Foley said:

How Young Link's scenario is different from Paper Mario's.

And what do you mean quote again? I only quoted this once.
You know what I mean with the quote thing.

And it's different because Young Link is a huge part of the story in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but Paper Mario is just Mario and it the same thing. (sure he'd play differently, but in terms of the games they come from I just think Young Link makes sense and Paper Mario doesn't.)

I can help you think of a moveset to declonify Young Link. Would ya like to hear it?

Rosy the Rascal said:
I can help you think of a moveset to declonify Young Link. Would ya like to hear it?
I said he would use the masks as his moveset.

Down special would be switch between the masks.

And they'd all have different powers (Deku Link could shoot deku nuts and get into a flower and spin up, Goron Link could roll, stuff like that, etc.)

And his Final Smash would be Fierce Deity Link.

New Super Mario said:
Rosy the Rascal said:

And they'd all have different powers (Deku Link could shoot deku nuts and get into a flower and spin up, Goron Link could roll, stuff like that, etc.)

…you totally read my mind. well done. <3

I can, however think of individual movesets for each form.

Rosy the Rascal said:
New Super Mario said:
Rosy the Rascal said:

…you totally read my mind. well done. <3

I can, however think of individual movesets for each form.
Yeah, I already explained it up there.

What you got for the individual moveset?

Well, for starters, Deku Link's stage intro could be this:

Deku_Link_Transformation.png

Moveset:

Standard B: Bubble Blast
Bubble_Blast.png
Side B: Spin Attack
Deku_Link_Spin.png
Up B: Deku Flower
Deku_flying.png
Down B: …ya know

New Super Mario said:
Rosy the Rascal said:
Pharaoh Man said:
Toadsworth, duh.
So I can't honestly ask what Peach's Neutral B will be just because that may imply I don't want Toad in SSB when I just want to know and don't care if Toad makes it or not? Blasphemy.

Pharaoh Man said:
New Super Mario said:
Rosy the Rascal said:
Pharaoh Man said:
Toadsworth, duh.
So I can't honestly ask what Peach's Neutral B will be just because that may imply I don't want Toad in SSB when I just want to know and don't care if Toad makes it or not? Blasphemy.
I wasn't implying that to you, I'm just saying in general, when people say that Toad can't be in because of that.

So how was my moveset for Deku Link? If you liked it, I'll also give him taunts! :D

seems pretty good actually, which is weird i usually dont like these kind of topics haha.

Back