No more required Internet connection! Used games can be traded in!

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
except

that part requires an update

so to play the console offline, you need to go online

just imagine if the console bricks after the update

plus all of the development, the advertisement, etc

all down the drain

plus no more family sharing

that sounded good :'(

buying a game and sending it to a relative?

all gone

being able to play another game without switching disks?

all gone

and not sure if true, but apparently digitally downloaded games do require a check-in

not sure if true, though

The Undertaker said:
except

"After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again."

Time Turner said:
The Undertaker said:
except

"After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again."

http://kotaku.com/surprise-xbox-one-drm-reversal-requires-day-one-patch-514419715

like i said, it's entirely possible the system will brick after the update

or during it if something goes horribly wrong

The Xbox is still a TV console. And the Kinect... the Kinect...

Sounds like they've finally come to their senses, but I still don't quite understand why they called the system "X-Box One", as if the other two never existed.

Bass said:
Sounds like they've finally come to their senses, but I still don't quite understand why they called the system "X-Box One", as if the other two never existed.
All-in-one entertainment system.

Super Smash Bros 4 Mario said:
They're too late.

people are already willing to buy super smash bros.
not every gamer ever, including xbox 360-only players, will suddenly change their mind because of ssb4

Time Turner said:
Bass said:

If they have to explain what the "One" in "Xbox One" is supposed to be, or if it's that easy to joke about the backward-sounding name of the console, it's a bad name for a console.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the system lack backwards compatibility with 360 games? If so, then that "all-in-one" bit is pretty misleading.

Mario Party X said:
Time Turner said:
Bass said:

If they have to explain what the "One" in "Xbox One" is supposed to be, or if it's that easy to joke about the backward-sounding name of the console, it's a bad name for a console.

did anyone understand "wii u"

BEEEEEAAARRRS said:
Mario Party X said:
Time Turner said:
Bass said:

did anyone understand "wii u"
Yes. WE YOU.

Bass said:

'Cause 360 equals one

cos(360) = 1

Put it in a calculator. It's not the actual reasoning but its cool.

Time Turner said:
Crackin355 said:
Bass said:

'Cause 360 equals one

cos(360) = 1

I accidentally something.
That is because Google takes radians by default. Type cos(360deg) instead.

The Xbox one is not so stupid after to all.

But there's still a few problems with the Xbox One. First off, it's 100 dollars more expensive than the PS4, and you still have to pay for online. The specs of the console is actually worse than the PS4, too. Though I like the controller a little more than the PS4's. Nintendo was always my favorite game company. Nintendo has a huge amount of exclusives that you can't get else where.

Sunscreen said:
But there's still a few problems with the Xbox One. First off, it's 100 dollars more expensive than the PS4, and you still have to pay for online. The specs of the console is actually worse than the PS4, too. Though I like the controller a little more than the PS4's. Nintendo was always my favorite game company. Nintendo has a huge amount of exclusives that you can't get else where.

Can almost guarantee a third-party Xbone style controller for the PS4.

Crackin355 said:
Bass said:

'Cause 360 equals one

cos(360) = 1

360 degrees is one full revolution in a circle, too.

Now, not only the "One" sounds dumb and backwards, it's unoriginal as well.

I'm incredibly happy this happened.

If liked Microsoft's consoles in general more I would actually think about getting this now, but alas I prefer Sony anyway, so i won't be getting it but either way, I'm pretty happy that microsoft decided to scrap their original idea in favor of their fans.

The best part is all the microsoft fanboys that are complaining that this happened.

Hobbes said:
I'll now consider getting one.
Why? They only caved when we threatned them with PS4 getting and boycott of their product. Their true colors have been shown, how malevolent amd greedy they are.

Back