What's your opinion on Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Your opinon (higher the option, the more positive)

• It's the best game ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's my favorite game in the series

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I enjoyed it but it's not my favorite

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • It had some flaws and lacked charm but I still liked it

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • It did not live up to the expectations of the Previous games

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • It was okay but not for me to like

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • It was bad, it drove right away from what I loved in the past games

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • It was bad, like every other Paper Mario game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WORST GAME EVER

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

NSY

Celestial Guide
Self explanatory

I thought it was good but it had no charm or story to make me feel like this would stand out.

And if you never played Sticker Star, please don't vote, it just screws things up.

I enjoyed the game, but it's not the best in the series.

Votes have been reset to zero to add BMB's option, you night want to vote again

It was the worst of my favorite Mario series and I hope Nintendo learned there lesson and give us something like the orginal and TTYD.

NSY said:
And if you never played Sticker Star, please don't vote, it just screws things up.
I knew the game was a disgrace to the series before I even played it.

No option "I haven't gotten a chance to play it, but the game didn't interested me so I didn't even bother?"

I could be in the wrong topic for having an opinion like this, but it's negative.

Oh look, a new place to rant on about how bad Sticker Star was.

:p

I believe I said this game "reminded me of something I wipe off my shoe at a dogpark". My answer should be clear now.

YoshiKong said:

Don't worry, this probably won't be the last

Honestly it was terrible. While I was glad they brought back the turn-based battles, they totally messed them up using stickers. I hated the stickers greatly. It drove me away from Paper Mario, I'm really not sure I want to get another one again. (assuming there actually will be another)

Zero Revolution said:
I'm really not sure I want to get another one again. (assuming there actually will be another)

It ultimately depends on how that turns out

Baby Luigi said:
YoshiKong said:

Don't worry, this probably won't be the last

My concern is that what direction will they take that game in? Are they going to go back to TTYD style, SPM style, or SS style? They could potentially screw everyone else by doing that.

Bilbo Baggins said:
pretty sure it was sticker star

Nope, it was SPM because Sticker Star is a random game with Paper Mario in it

Baby Luigi said:
Bilbo Baggins said:
pretty sure it was sticker star

Nope, it was SPM because Sticker Star is a random game with Paper Mario in it

I agree. Kind of like how they categorized "Super Mario 3D Land" with "Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy". It does not belong in that grouping.

And yes, I think that Sticker Star was more of a...paper game, but not really a Paper Mario game. Like, I think it wouldn't work unless it was paper, but at the same time it failed greatly because it only worked on the paper stuff, and Nintendo didn't try to connect the sticker idea with the RPG aspect.

I enjoyed the game a lot, I played through it twice. I like to leave completing a game until a later date so that I can replay it with a new goal and this game doesn't have too big of a goal to get (Sticker Museum, finding all things, etc.).

Anyway, I thought that it did lack characters but that the dialogue was still a nice read and that some of the characters (definitely not all) had some nice personality for just being plain toads. The enemies were a nice change, especially the ancient Goombas and ancient koopas in the desert tower level.

Overall a fun game for me since I wasn't thinking about it in the way that 'it deviated too far from its roots' and more like 'a new game for me to play'. Plus I enjoyed the sticker mechanic a lot, it was interesting.

^ Just casually spoil a final boss screenshot there on the back cover.

Back