Improving the WarioWare: Smooth Moves page and subjects related to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glowsquid

Shine Sprite
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
'Shroom Consultant
The WarioWare: Smooth Moves page is not catastrophically written or anything, but it is noticeably barebone. Features such as the minigames and the multiplayer modes are not mentioned once, three of the minigames (out of six) still don't have a page after six years and it's lacking in features that have become standard over the years. I've been recently replaying the game and I could improve it, but I don't have as much free time as I used to so here I am.

Things to do (feel free to call dibs on any of these)
  • Sections:
    Fill empty sections
    Liven up the storyline summaries with images and wikitables, like this
    Add information about the elephants building and other miscelany features (like the Sound Test)
    Create a Minigame section
    Create a Multiplayer section
    Create Development section (This and this are a start.)
  • Creating pages for the missing minigames:
    Block Star (WarioWare: Smooth Moves). Note that this also involves moving the page for the Mario Party minigame and all wicks to it.
    Can Shooter
    Tortoise & Hare
  • Create List of quotes in WarioWare: Smooth Moves
  • Transcript the Temple of Form descriptions and the bulletin boards

Things to discuss
  • Delete the Weekly Wario section? It's awkwardly tacked-on at the end of the page and what it describes is the instruction manual + a graphic on the mode selection screen. That's hardly a worth a mention.

Re: Improving the WarioWare: Smooth Moves page and subjects related to it

I haven't played it in a while, but I'll take Can Shooter. I'll do it when I can plug in my Wii U again (it's unplugged because it loves to move random places in my house).

Perhaps some people could also work on some of the WWSM-related articles (most, if not all, of which are listed by User Grandy02 (User:Grandy02/WarioWare))?

I have to ask at this point, where do we get all of these names from?

They call them that on the grid.

i think the bulletin board stuff could probably go on the quotes page for now (and maybe get moved to something separate later if there ends up being an absurd amount of notices)

Time Turner said:

The credits.

Glowsquid said:
Time Turner said:

The credits.
All right, managed to find a video of the credits, and there are a couple of characters that don't have articles, and I think there are a few that aren't even listed in the credits. I do think that pretty much all of them should have their own articles (perhaps not all of the Monettes, but that can be discussed), so... should we create the rest of the articles?

should we create the rest of the articles?
With the current article creation standards (which are basicaly are "If it's a distinct Thing with (hopefully) a Name, it gets a page"), there shouldn't be much problems but from my POV, I have to question making page for things like "Mona Bear's", who are nonspeaking "characters" that appear for all of five seconds. There are signposts in Super Mario 64 with more characterization and plot relevance than that.

Glowsquid said:
should we create the rest of the articles?
With the current article creation standards (which are basicaly are "If it's a distinct Thing with (hopefully) a Name, it gets a page"), there shouldn't be much problems but from my POV, I have to question making page for things like "Mona Bear's", who are nonspeaking "characters" that appear for all of five seconds. There are signposts in Super Mario 64 with more characterization and plot relevance than that.
That's kinda why we have an article for some of them. (Boards (Super Mario Galaxy))

Yo Glowsquid, would you still like me to make this article the focus for a 'Shroom Spotlight section? I can put it down for next month if you would like.

Sure!

I've created a page for the Monettes and I've started to fill some of the empty sections. Corrections are appreciated.

I have added a bunch of images to the main article, so that should cover the More Images template.
Glowsquid said:
I've created a page for the Monettes and I've started to fill some of the empty sections. Corrections are appreciated.
Any reason you didn't include an "s" in the Monette article?

In the meantime, I believe that I have finished the Smooth Moves template. Is there anything that I missed?

Convenience. If I want to link to the Monette page in plural, I simply have to type "[[Monette]]s", while if the page was named "Monettes" and that I'd want to link to it in the singular for whatever reasons, I'd have to type "[[Monettes|Monette]]".

Glowsquid said:

Convenience. If I want to link to the Monette page in plural, I simply have to type "[[Monette]]s", while if the page was named "Monettes" and that I'd want to link to it in the singular for whatever reasons, I'd have to type "[[Monettes|Monette]]".
Still, it seems inconsistent when we have other articles such as Diamond City Rough (Diamond City Roughs)s (Diamond City Roughs), Legendary Cat Dancer (Legendary Cat Dancers)s (Legendary Cat Dancers), The Dinosaur (The Dinosaurs)s (The Dinosaurs), etc.

I tried to find a reason to explain why it Makes Sense for that page and not the others you listed, but my mental gymnastic skills are failing me. Plural vs singular in page names is something we can alway discuss elsewhere.

Is there anything that I missed?

Should be "Ashley's Mansion" rather than "Ashley's House". I don't think "Alien Mitzi's spaceship" count as a location and it shouldn't have a page anyway. The multiplayer minigames could have their own row or at least be identified in some way.

Glowsquid said:
Should be "Ashley's Mansion" rather than "Ashley's House". I don't think "Alien Mitzi's spaceship" count as a location and it shouldn't have a page anyway. The multiplayer minigames could have their own row or at least be identified in some way.
The game calls it "Ashley's House", so... I also listed Mitzi's spaceship because it shows up in the creidts. I can definitely outline the multiplayer minigames.

I've created the quote page, which currently includes the form tutorials and the host descriptions (Thanks turb!). I plan on adding the descriptions for the other map screen items tomorrow.

Time Turner said:
Glowsquid said:
The game calls it "Ashley's House", so... I also listed Mitzi's spaceship because it shows up in the creidts. I can definitely outline the multiplayer minigames.
All right, since I haven't received a reply, I'm just gonna go ahead and create the template.

yo Pyro, still planning on doing the Can Shooter page?

Sure, go for it.

I've added wikitables for the Minigames and the microgame sets. I'd appreciate if someone else makes the page for Tortoise & Hare, as I somehow can't make more than one move before getting a game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back