Nintendo Takes Money from Lets Players

Yes 2577, I was.
And Purple Yoshi, it's still Copyright, so it's obvious they remove them.

but why are you telling me? i don't understand

Okay, I'll explain.
What I meant to say is, YouTube is so well advertised in every possible way (free and paid), Google makes lots of income without actively working on anything else (only passively).

Okay, here is how I overall feel about how people are going about this.

Stop complaining about this on the internet and actually do something about it! Form an actual petition, write letters to them. Nintendo is not going to answer to random videos, articles, posts or comments on the internet regarding regarding this (whether they are whiny or not). However, they will answer to a petition or letter. Whining on Youtube, forums and other websites is not going to change anything and it is not affective in any way.

Nothing will work, anyway.
That's why people are 'whining'.

Will they answer to a petition? The only one I remember working was the trio of jrpg games for the Wii. Even then that took forever.

When people are mad they vent in different ways and for most people it can be through some sort of social network or video (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook). Also I've seen a lot of videos that aren't whining but instead just explaining the situation and why this could screw a lot of people over.

Lets Playing (whether you like it or not) is an acceptable job and if people can't earn money from Nintendo videos, they will probably need to give up on those if it won't earn them enough money to afford what they need to live comfortably. Most people are unaffected by this (Non-LPers & Sony/Microsoft LPers), some can work around it (Those that play pretty much any game will focus less on Nintendo) and some are fucked (Nintendo LP'ers e.g Chuggaaconroy)

I would not consider it 'whining' when you are just trying to explain the situation or are not earning enough money to live because of Nintendo's decision. But that's just my thoughts behind everything.

Possibly, but I'm more annoyed by the fact, that this is very old News, and most people now just started to care about that, only because it happened to one very popular YouTuber.
Before that person reported it, literally nobody gave a single fuck about that, except for the ones that actually got affected.

MKGirlism said:
Possibly, but I'm more annoyed by the fact, that this is very old News, and most people now just started to care about that, only because it happened to one very popular YouTuber.
Before that person reported it, literally nobody gave a single fuck about that, except for the ones that actually got affected.

Who did it happen to? I only just heard of it, when a youtuber i watch posted about it on twitter, i don't usually keep up with news of any kind.

Me, my brother, my friends, their friends, their friends' friends, people unknown to me, and any other person who shows off their amazing skills with Nintendo games, without all of the stupid voice acting.

MKGirlism said:
Me, my brother, my friends, their friends, their friends' friends, people unknown to me, and any other person who shows off their amazing skills with Nintendo games, without all of the stupid voice acting.

No, i'm talking about the "one popular youtuber".

You really can't blame other people for being uninformed just because you are mad it happened to you, you know. It isn't their fault it wasn't very well known.

Lakituthequick said:
Am I like the only one around here that doesn't give a *bleep*?

Nope. Which is the reason I haven't voiced my opinions here until your post

There is a very high probabitity that Nintendo will answer to a petition regarding this for these reasons.

1. It doesn't require any kind of work or effort on Nintendo's part unlike a petition for a localization or remake.
2. Nintendo cares about their fanbase and will listen to them no matter what.
3. They will understand how they are affecting many people around the world who do video reviews, lets plays and walkthroughs.

Nintendo themselves do not know that a lot of their fans use lets plays, reviews and walkthroughs solely to get money as well as entertain. If nobody actually says anything directly to Nintendo, they will never know how their fans feel about this.

Going on the internet, complaining about this and doing nothing else can almost be compared to this.

The boss at a job has came up with a rule that a lot of the workers do not like. As a result, they go to a cafe (or something) to talk about it.

You may be able to find people who have the same views and you may find someone who can help you work around or cope with the problem, but wouldn't it just been easier to team up and talk directly to the source?

chillv said:
2. Nintendo [insert company name here] cares about their fanbase and will listen to them no matter what.

has this ever happened ever in the history of anything? because all companies every where comply unquestioningly to every demands of everyone no matter what.

Time Turner said:
chillv said:
2. Nintendo cares about their fanbase and will listen to them no matter what.
Still waiting on something for Metroid's anniversary.
Yeah, but that requires a lot of work. Also, has anyone actually told nintendo directly for one? I don't th

Astrid said:
chillv said:
2. Nintendo [insert company name here] cares about their fanbase and will listen to them no matter what.

has this ever happened ever in the history of anything? because all companies every where comply unquestioningly to every demands of everyone no matter what.

First off, I don't really understand what you are trying to say. Can you use simpler vocabulary and wording please. Lastly, no matter what you say, many companies (ex. sony, sega, nintendo, disney, cartoon network, nickelodeon etc.) care about their fanbase but fans have to know that they aren't God or Psychic so when they have something to say to "them", they need to "say it to them directly".

chillv said:
Astrid said:
chillv said:

First off, I don't really understand what you are trying to say. Can you use simpler vocabulary and wording please. Lastly, no matter what you say, many companies (ex. sony, sega, nintendo, disney, cartoon network, nickelodeon etc.) care about their fanbase but fans have to know that they aren't God or Psychic so when they have something to say to "them", they need to "say it to them directly".

I feel I was pretty clear the first time and dont understand why you are being willfully obtuse, however I will clarify my statement for you, because you asked.

I think you fail to understand how companies work. They're not going to do something just because some kid sent them an email asking them to. Companies have no obligation to unquestioningly follow the demands of their consumer base. Do they care what their fans think? Sure, they make money off them. Does that mean they are some how required to listen to their consumers demands "no matter what?" Hardly. They are a business, not your playmate, not your best friend. They are not required to play along with every whim their fanbase may ask of them.

Does this mean they wont listen? No. But your implied belief that they somehow HAVE to listen is poor wording at best and delusional at worst. I would ask you to speak more clearly with better wording and vocabulary please, if you wish to convey the correct meaning to your words, rather than whatever it is you've been doing.

Does this mean they wont listen? No. But your implied belief that they somehow HAVE to listen is poor wording at best and delusional at worst. I would ask you to speak more clearly with better wording and vocabulary please, if you wish to convey the correct meaning to your words, rather than whatever it is you've been doing.

Okay I understand you now. Let me clarify what I was trying to say.

Since Nintendo does listen to their fanbase, knowing how simple this scenario is and how it takes absolutely no real work or effort on nintendos part to fix it and please the people who are against this thing they are doing, there is a very certainty that they will understand and a high probability that they will do "something" about it.

I personally would reccommend nintendo does this if they want to do content ID matching to make more money.

Aim for OST, videos of your game trailers, nintendo directs and "your" E3 videos and presentations. However avoid reviews, lets plays, walkthroughs, or gameplay videos. Basically, don't aim for any videos or anything "you" didn't make "yourself" or anything "you" wasn't the original source of. You are the original source of the nintendo directs, "your" e3 videos and presentations and trailers. You are the original source of ost also, since "you" made the music. However, I don't think you should aim for any remixes of your music that were not made by you.

chillv said:
Since Nintendo does listen to their fanbase

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That was funny, thanks for that, i needed a good laugh today.

Gimli said:
chillv said:
Since Nintendo does listen to their fanbase

HAHAHAHAHAHA. That was funny, thanks for that, i needed a good laugh today.

They do listen to their fans. The problem is that their fans do things like this. Rant and/or go about it in childish ways and never actually bring it up to nintendo. Nobody has actually even attempted to say anything directly to nintendo, and videos like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXss3Hyd8W0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOPB9ypex4s

are not talking directly to nintendo mainly because of these reasons "Nintendo does not watch YouTube videos, they only upload them."

Also, when I said "going about it in childish ways" this video is what I am talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfs-vic6YoE

Deleting all of your nintendo reviews is not going to make them do anything. In fact, you are actually going to hurt your fans too since a lot of them may like your nintendo reviews. What if all of the companies this guy has done reviews for did something he "really" does not like. Will he delete all of his reviews. If so, then wouldn't he would be totally hurting his viewers also?

While they may listen to their fans, their primary obligation is to stockholders, so if they have to place one over the other they'll place profits over fan feedback, generally.

If they actively listened to their fans, then games like Sticker Star and New Super Mario Bros. 2 would never happen

Actually Sticker Star was a result of them listening to their fans via Club Nintendo surveys, so...lol?

Electro Specter said:
Actually Sticker Star was a result of them listening to their fans via Club Nintendo surveys, so...lol?

Really? I thought Miyamoto wasn't happy with the prototype that Intelligent Systems had and changed it

Back