Real-Life Photos

NU6ghSI.jpg

Today, we put my dog down. She had just turned eleven years old five days ago, and we had her for seven years. We thought we would have her longer, but those tumors struck faster than we ever expected. I wish the world had stopped for a bit.

Most people don't say this about their pets, but I will claim without hesitation that Annie was the best friend I ever had. She was at the front door every day after school, hogging my bed every night. I have to remind myself she isn't there every time I walk into a room, and I feel like I'm going to be doing that for a long time.

It's the small things that hurt the most. The toy bin, the blanket folded by the piano, the water bowl in my room. I'll never hear that tacking on the wood floor, never have to clean up the backyard again. And I know that sooner or later I'm going to smash into that wall where I finally, fully realize that she's truly gone. But she was there every time I went to sleep, and I'm grateful to be able to say that I was there when she went to sleep for the last time.

Rest in peace Annie "Momo" Lindsey, our Princess Peach
June 19th 2007 - June 24th 2018

sTTDDNh.jpg

9cNWJ8nr.jpg

j9l42yQ.jpg

Sending love, Rose <3

I never had a pet dog, but... I recently discovered how loyal a dog can be to you, and... I almost had one... but she probably died too...

I don't want to get everyone on myself now, I just hope you get through. :'(

I'm surprised this thread isn't stickied, I had to go looking for it

I hadn't selfied in a while so enjoy my v. cute face
tumblr_pcd15koVA01sl5pypo1_1280.jpg

Here is a picture of lightning I took about twenty minutes ago
200px-Lightning_Flash.jpg

This is me, it looks like if I was sleeping, but I took this photo myself, seeing the selfie craze here. Also to note it shows my copy of the Walls Can Fall album and a few of my Amiibos. If you are wondering why it is so small, it is because when I previewed at a bigger size and it was grainy at the bigger size.
120px-Me_irl.jpg

last week was anime revolution (anirevo for short), a 3 day anime con from aug 3rd to the 5th. i've been waiting for a while to share pics and stuff since ive been super lazy and i literally just finished cleaning all the junk and organizing all the stuff i had got from it.

the theme this year was inuyasha with special guests richard ian cox (en inuyasha and a buncha stuff ill talk about later. canadians will prob remember him the most), kappei yamaguchi (jp inuyasha), satsuki yukino (jp kagome, shion/mion from higurashi), marina inoue (yoko from ttgl, armin from attack on titan), hitomi nabatame (nanao from bleach, margary from shana) and also proZD (!)

i'm gonna write this post in a sort of log style thing from my perspective of everything that happened so it might seem more interesting.
here's a schedule if you wanted to follow along or something
anyway here we go:

8:30 am: i ended up sleeping in a bit (as usual) and was supposed to go with 3 of my friends. 2 of them were already awake but the third also fucked his sleep up and was gonna be a bit, so we went to the nearby tim hortons near the monorail to grab breakfast and wait for him to come by since we all lived a pretty fair walking distance from it. my friend ordered for him and the other and they ended up getting their order jacked by some old asian dude and didnt realize it until after i got my order first before them since he picked up the same order that they placed and i put my order in way after they did.

9:30 am: buddy finally comes by and we head towards the monorail. its about a 50 minute trip to downtown vancouver where the con is but it beats parking.

10:45 am: we're finally here. we go to the con entrance and they give us some cards which we have no idea what they do. love live people will probably get the reference here

wNZK0IV.jpg

saw some cool shit outside the main hall, there was a buddy that had an aladdin costume with a hoverboard that was themed like a magic carpet riding around with abu with aladdin music playing

m7CQwmI.png

also saw some gross shit like a nozomi in natsuiro egao cosplay.

anyway time to head to the line.

11:30 am: finally get my pass. that shit was loooong
UYnUR3D.jpg

headed to the first event we could attend kind of, "awesome anime openings".
it was already half way but it was all good, we got just in time when they started showing "land of the lustrous". the host was talking about how they did such a wonderful job with the CG animations and i agree (looking at CG scenes in like love live is ), even though i never saw the anime. it was my first time seeing that opening and man that was such a beautiful song with such crisp animations. i think ill watch that anime now.

they then showed the opening to antique bakery which was also really catchy and very unique, the use of paper stills or whatever was really interesting to see. i thought he said it was a comedy about 4 brothers running a store but it was more like a yaoi thing from not brothers so not really my cup of tea. awesome opening though.

by the way, did you guys know parappa the motha fuckin rappa had an anime? im definitely watching this. it was along the theme of using like stills to animate an op. really groovy shit

12:00 pm: tried lining up for anirevos got talent but we got fucked and it was too full cuz i guess that was the only big thing going on at that time. so we went to browse vendors for a bit. i ended up missing a nico cosplayer because i didnt realize it was her hot potato outfit (even i lose track of nico's 1000 outfits, she has too many lol). i didnt buy anything but my friends bought some yugioh stuff (crackin get hype)

we also saw some idols practice (it was aquors ) but i guess it was for the 2:00 pm event and it says there's u's in it but i didnt see any nico :( oh well, it was probably not worth anyway

1:30 pm: we leave vendors and head to line up at the "walkoff: east vs west". these lines get filled pretty fast and theres only a limited number of seats. now i have no idea what the hell we were in for (nobody did) but it was like a face off between "western cartoons and shit" (i say this because i saw like zarya from overwatch and master chief and april from tmnt) vs real anime (eastern), with inclusion of stuff like fire emblem (i saw an inigo).

it was just really a dance off between the two and was kind of boring tbh. we saw that a sailor moon thing started at 2:30 (one of the three is also a really huge fan like me) so we headed towards that after, but we kind of lost track of time so ended up leaving later than intended

2:50 pm: yes, this was the panel i wanted to see. they were talking about differences in crystal and other shit like the snes game (shout out to fusoya) and yea he mentioned him, which is really crazy because i think hes more known as the creator of lunar magic, the smw editing tool. anyway he was going over the history of sailor moon and some other stuff from live action which i didnt have really any interest about, but then came the quiz and i was like here we go, i got the big brain for this (you can prob skip this part unless you care about sailor moon):

q1: whats the name of sailor neptune's and uranus' moves that they learn in stars?

a1: i have no fuckin idea, nobody got that one LMAO. it was space sword blaster and submarine reflection respectively. i knew they existed but didnt know they learnt it after

q2: what does hotaru mean in japanese?

a2: super easy, its just firefly. i didnt get called for this one though

q3: whats the name of usagis va in jp?

a3: really easy too, kotono mitsuishi (fun fact: she also voiced nico's mom). i didnt get called for this one either, but what pissed me off was the person that did completely got the name wrong (she said like kagome something like wtf) and got a prize anyway.

q4: which senshi's heart crystal was stolen first?

a4: i forgot this one too lmao. i know venus was last cuz she was jealous of everyone for losing theirs and she thought she didnt have one. the answer was rei i think.

q5: what was the name of the snes rpg?

a5: he literally just said it which was "another story". i got called for this one and was pretty hyped to see the prizes. they were mostly just like postcards and pencils but i still think it was pretty cool. here's what i got:

DsRpkzz.jpg

3:30 pm: went to line up for the anirevo's got talent auditions for the big event on the final day so judges could score them. there were contestants that sang a buncha songs, some famous and not. the ones i recognized were "cruel angel's thesis" by some dude who made it sound bad, "storm in lover" by some high pitched girl (sorry snack), and thats really about it. they were really wannabe singers (i saw a ruby kurosawa cosplayer sing one of the aquors songs, gross) and idk it was whatever. during 5ish we saw richard ian cox was having a variety show and went to line for that

5:30 pm: saw my boy big rich in the house. really funny dude, was talking about his roles in inuyasha and did a few lines as him in character which was really cool to see. he was also cast as being ian as the main character for people who remember that (again probably canadians) so i was like waow this guy did a lot of shit. hes been still working on new cartoons and was just talking about that and told us to check a few out, i only remember supernoobs so maybe ill peep it but probably not im not really a fan of cartoons lol. also i didnt know he lived like, 20 min away from my house lol, that was pretty cool to know. i dont know him much aside from inuyasha but it was an entertaining panel nonetheless.

he had a q&a sort of panel too where people asked him shit like would he voice goku in the new ocean dub (he had no comment), voice line requests, and other stuff. the one question (or i guess request) i remember the most was this cringy fuckin dude went up and he was like "if you could play inuyasha in a mlp crossover with rick and morty[...]how would the voices sound like?" and already in the first part im like what in the fuck fantasy do you have boy like wow that was just the most randomest thing and ian was sitting there like idk what ur talking about my dude so he tried to wing a scenario in but it was so funny seeing him do it cuz he was just like confused lol

my friend also asked him which girl he preferred, kikyo or kagome, and he said both. fuk u ian everyone knows the sacred rule 1 waifu per person. that was really it i guess. we didnt eat lunch so we were starving, so off we go to get food after that

6:30 pm: finally grab some fukin food, we didnt eat lunch lol. hopped around a few ramen spots and finally found one where the line wasnt like 40 minutes to get in. enjoy my gross picture of half eaten takoyaki and chicken ramen

DQBl65N.jpg

9:00 pm: went to that 70's dating game, it was kind of entertaining. basically you have one contestent blindfolded sitting looking at the audience, and then they blindfold you and bring up 4 other peeps from the audience to sit behind the one person so they cant see you. you ask them questions and then they answer with a mic and you decide which one youd date. there was some shit like a dinosaur who couldnt talk and a master chief who had to eat a taco with his helmet on. oh and since it was an 18+ event they also had you do shit like dance sexually with a pool noodle (dont ask, i have no idea either). i dunno, really random shit. i dont have anything from that unfortunately :(

10:00 pm: theres nothing really good left. one of my friends REALLY wanted to check out yaoi bedtime stories, so we were like sure why not for the memes. some girl jsut started reading manga off her tablet and narrating it i guess with 2 other people. it was something like, there was a boy at home and some delivery man kept coming to deliver a package to them, and then he really wanted to see his package, and that was the point where we were like lets go, but two of my friends were like its getting to the best part lol, so they stayed and me and another buddy went to check out "anime figures q&a".

10:15 pm: we got there. we saw a slideshow of anime figures. that was literally it. we left.

10:20 pm: came to pick those losers up and said we should line up for the hentai dubbing (
). chilled for about 40 min i guess

11:00 pm: went to the hentai dubbing. they showed hentai. we watched hentai with a group of like 100 people. that was sure a scene. it was some futanari shit (google what that if ur 18+) and im not really gonna go too in depth i guess but people were really into it and the dubbers really sucked lol, it was like some middle school humour. we decided to dip after that.

1:00 am: finally got home, what a day. we gotta get up soon. i think i just ended off the day playing dota or fortnite or something and slept around 3ish

9:41 am: woke up. i only remember it was this time because this is the default time thats used on like every iphone when they showcase it lmao. dumb but anyway, got ready and met up with everyone. we left around 10:30 i think

11:30 am: arrived at the con. there was the idol festival but eh, it was time to shop.
i bought this really sick print of akko and sucy from lwa in klk attire (dressed as ryouko and nui, respectively). buddy also threw in a free print since i called him by his username lol (i didnt really know him but i was just like hey whats up are you this guy and he was like yea whats up man and kind of hit it off from there). i got a neat froppy in casual attire. shout out to bear the mighty, check his shit out i guess (by the way you can view stuff i bought in the "haul + pics" spoiler for convenience). took a few pictures with nicos

2:30 pm: saw those idols perform on stage (the ones highlighted in blue at 2:30, the blue events were in the vendor hall) and we were kinda just chillin for a bit after walking around so much and was kinda dead from yesterday as well.

3:00 pm: went to grab food, got fatburger this time. haven't been to one of these in ages. no food pic cuz i was starvin and just ate that shit lol

4:00 pm: went a little bit to the "AMV contest", saw like one entree and it was all right, then we went to lineup at the "cliches for days" thing.

4:30 pm: now this panel was kinda odd but had its own quirk. basically they played an anime clip and then they had audience members come up and reenact the scene and then they would put a cliche in it like jazz hands so youd have to guess what it was. it was entertaining for the first few things but got old kinda quick so we decided to line up for the "inuyasha legacy live" event

6:00 pm: got in the inuyasha thing, and boy that was an event. english and japanese va for inuyasha and the japanese va for kagome was there (so richard, kappei, and satsuki) and they were talking about how it really helped jump start their career and how it was like in the va world. really interesting stuff and inspiring for people wanted to do that sort of stuff. they also had clips from the first episode and the last episode and had the va's talk about their feelings towards how it all progressed and how it ended and if they had other things they wanted to comment on. it was more like a "you had to be there" type of thing cause like i cant remember most stuff at the top of my head and it sounds kinda boring explaining it but a good summary would be like it was about the legacy that it left behind for the voice actors and anime as it was like one of the first animes in north america that got people into other shit since it was different from like sailor moon or dragon ball for instance. i dont know how to really describe it but i think you might know what i mean. this was probably one of the best things at the con to see the voice actors collectively sum their thoughts up about everything important in the show.\

7:00 pm: we wanted to line up for the prozd thing but fuck that was packed so we were like fuck it lol. went to the swimsuit contest instead and yea this was an 18+ thing so we didnt know what to expect

7:30 pm: midway through the contest we got in and we had no idea what was happening tbh, it wasnt even a swimsuit contest. heres a short video of a trump cosplayer (yes, a trump cosplayer) performing i thought it was hilarious but also i guess this is what you expect from an anime convention swimsuit contest

we got kinda bored and tired midway again and decided to kick around 9:00 pm.
saw a few kaibas dueling on the floor, most intense battle ever
tR5mzrH.jpg

my friends birthday was actually on that sunday so we decided to go out to eat later at a boston pizza in the evening with another group and that was pretty wild. he tried a muff diver for the first time and the result was pretty good cuz he had a big beard lol

2:00 am: got home. some late night drama i heard was that someone had a stolen art booth at the con and i was like lmao why. was pretty tired so went to bed

today was really just the time to shop, probably the most boring of the 3 but here it is anyway:

9:00 am: since it was my buddys bday we went to ihop for breakfast. i was still pretty full from last night so i just got a small breakfast

m90OLS6.jpg

i hate toast but holy shit strawberry jam on toast is the best thing ever. i want that for every breakfast now

anyway, we leave around 10ish and arrive by 11.

11:00 am: lined up at the "satsuki yukino q&a".

11:30 am: pretty much what you can expect from a q&a panel, also did some voice lines. no cringy things here. was pretty fuckin sweet to hear a voice actor irl doing her lines though, im just a weeb move along

she just kinda reiterated stuff from the legacy panel yesterday about how kagome really helped her career and she was really stressed during that time to get a position.

a bit more insight on shion and mion: originally shion wasnt even going to be in the anime and the producer asked her to do a voice for mion in a more intense manner and she did, and i guess that lead to the birth of shion as a character when they added her in the anime and then satsuki was really surprised to see it since it wasnt in the original drama cd. really cool stuff

12:30 pm: the "my hero academia fan q&a" sounded interesting but we didnt know what to expect really. we went to it and.......it was completely garbage. so there were like 6 cosplayers as deku, uraraka, todoroki, tsuyu, momo, and hagakure (she was wearing a full bodysuit of camo lmao) and they were like answering questions trying to act in character, and we heard like 2 shipping questions and were like fuck this shit. it was like, "what would you do if you and toga got married" to deku and we were like "???????? this is some deviantart shit, lets go shopping", and so we did.

12:45 pm: shopping, shopping, shopping. bought some awesome konosuba prints and a yuru camp print. also got a love live grab bag (like a blind box in bag form) and also split a one punch man bag with my buddy and i got a sweet tatsumaki poster. i gave away the stuff i really didnt care for to my buddy in my ll grab bag but i kept a few u's pictures since they're now done and all :)'()

2:30 pm: went to the idol finals, they had the storm in lover girl and some other people from anime ops i didnt recognize. honestly it was kind of boring and i think we just went shopping again after for a bit lol to score some sick deals. that was really it for that day, i was super dead tbh and everyone else was too. we didnt attend anything after 3:30 and thats about the time we left. i think i came back home and slept for a bit and resumed my normal life.
all in all was a pretty exciting con and the first one ive been too, and i have lots of memories from it. i think my favourite things were the many nico cosplayers, the vendors, and seeing the voice actors live. ill definitely go to the one next year and maybe try attending others that might be around my area but this is the biggest one in vancouver in summer

nico nico nii:
3xAnQN4.jpg

HXobLjb.jpg

dbCnrR8.jpg

i missed two unfortuntely, one left in the middle of a panel and one was hot potato nico from earlier. there were probably more nicos but i didnt really see them :(

froppy and uravity on point:
JFPNtJY.jpg

tl note: these werent the people at the fan q&a (thank god). really cool peeps though.

queen serenity (adult usagi from sailor moon):
Mm0uKfT.jpg

holy SHIT this was amazing, i had to get a picture with her. the detail from the sword to the wings was just perfect. shout out to this random girl

random kaiba (same guy from the duel pic above):
qi2S9Kg.jpg

he was super in character and even had a blue-eyes deck with him just like in the original yugioh. the cosplay was super good too, even down to the duel disk. crackin keep ur pants on

haul:
LfrGZk0.jpg

love live prints, they were ok. my favourite part is obviously nico

HLhhQl2.jpg

the prints from bearthemighty, i think he captured the characters respective artstyle perfectly here. akko and sucy look just like from lwa (well i guess klk too since they were both trigger produced.) froppy looks also just like in bnha and has that froppy character to it as well so i thought it was super cute

aGLZwXG.jpg

random buddy prints #1
really liked his artstyle and he really drew the characters in perfection. the yuru camp one is absolutely adorable, the reimu one is very unique, and megumin in her classic explosion pose is always good

i just put tatsumaki from the opm grab bag here cuz it fit, she wasnt from the same artist

IHebfHG.jpg

these are so funny and cute, i love how each of them has a little mini version of all the characters that are upset at the main character displayed and then the main character is doing something stupid. it really has that konosuba charm to it so i decided to get all three (there was no kazuma, rip)

and thats it! thanks for reading my post and adventure if you made it all this way

kaiba booi

I love your shirt Puddin. I swear they have that shirt at Target. I have plenty of Mario shirts already.
Here's also the most Taxfraudicious shirt I own.
DkzIzHrW4AEWzvO.jpg

Back