Paper Mario Wii U concepts

Lindsay151

Cheep Cheep
Wiki Administrator
If Paper Mario for Wii U one day comes, how should the gameplay be conducted? And would you prefer if the whole gameplay is 100% completely in uses of the Gamepad and not with Wii Remote as in Super Paper Mario.

I think it should utilize the gamepad and the remote, it would be like a combination of both a handheld and a console Paper Mario game.

Make it be nothing like Sticker Star and like Thousand-Year Door

Baby Luigi said:

^This. I'd like something that played like TTYD, with a solid story like SPM, making great use of the Wii U's features. Bowser and Luigi need dialogue, Sticker Star screwed that up. I want Luigi playable (or at least a partner) instead of being a freaking easter egg. I have much more to say, but I'll shut up now before I start ranting about how bad SS was.

Can we please not let this degenerate into a PM:SS hating thread like EVERY OTHER ONE?

Anyway, I don't really mind. It seems like the Paper Mario series doesn't like sticking to a particular formula that much anymore, so it could be anything.

There needs to be use of the gamepad. Maybe you could use it to...I dunno, fold things? Like origami? Or they could do a 'parallel worlds' thing where the gamepad shows the other world.

Purple Yoshi said:
Can we please not let this degenerate into a PM:SS hating thread like EVERY OTHER ONE?

How about no since it's on topic (mention PM:SS on a Mario Party thread on the other hand) and it's arguably the worst game in the series, plus the most recent.

Gameplay & Sidequests of TTYD, Plot & Dialogue of SPM, and you got yourself an awesome PM game.

...do any of you ever wonder if people at Nintendo see these comments?

Xerneas said:
Gameplay & Sidequests of TTYD, Plot & Dialogue of SPM, and you got yourself an awesome PM game.

No, because why would they bother checking this forum when they have more important things to do. For example, anything else ever.

I think it'd be smart to finally bring back the gameplay of the first two games because they got a lot of hatred from Sticker Star, but I don't really care as long as it's fun and/or interesting. I really dug the Sticker mechanic because it was something I've never used before and it interested me. I wouldn't enjoy it if they were to reuse it for the next game, because I already have a game built around it.

A sequel to TTYD that utilizes the gamepad.

You can't deny that that wouldn't be awesome.

Seeing all the characters again and all the funny humor it would just be perfect.

Paper Mario Wii U...... one thing I've been concerned is RPG stories don't really have to be released with each console. I'd love to see maybe two stories in WiiU era.

I hope we can get Daisy, Toad and one of DK/Wario playable partner next time.

Virion said:
A sequel to TTYD that utilizes the gamepad. You can't deny that that wouldn't be awesome.
Seeing all the characters again and all the funny humor it would just be perfect.
A sequel to Sticker Star right now might be more possible, since not too much time passed and fans still know what's going on, just like M&L series did. Now new players might know little about TTYD, unless getting a remake on WiiU.

Now the plot writer can only leave characters a title but nothing about her/his journey from the previous story. For example, Nastasia would be referred as a "friend" in the next story.

If you want to see the past characters, I simply say that we should make them reappear in new stories and games, like Goombario and Kooper in Sticker Star. They haven't got a reappearance doesn't mean that they can only be in the same story.

Xerneas said:

Just write to them, you may get a reply.

NSY said:
Xerneas said:

If you're lucky to get something else other than a computer generated response

I'd like to see the touchscreen utilized a lot more than it was in Sticker Star.

Like, maybe you could use the gamepad's stylus to cut out pieces of paper from the background that can be used? Or you could doodle on a scrap note, Scribblenauts-style, to get past an obstacle? What about new kinds of minigames and puzzles that utilized the gamepad? Even some select battle actions could be dictated by flicks of the screen rather than "Press A Button over and over".

Baby Luigi said:

Agreed, go back to making classic rpg's rather than go out of there way to try and innovate and end failing horribly.

Baby Luigi said:
NSY said:
Xerneas said:

If you're lucky to get something else other than a computer generated response

When it was 2005 and I saw a Nintendo Power magazine for Zelda: Twilight Princess, I wanted to write to Eija Anouma and tell him how awesome game is. Plus, I wanted to send Nintendo all my video game ideas to them. Lol, I dunno what I was thinking when I was 10.

But yes, I think that Paper Mario Wii U should really bring many of the elements that they showed almost a decade ago, but at the same time, I do like them being creative with the sticker idea for Paper Mario Sticker Star. I thought it was original, but to be honest the sticker mechanic was mostly a hit and miss. I mean, SPM's 3D flipping was definitely a hit for most people, but the Sticker was basically a miss for a lot. Though I really did like how it shows the creativity avaiable for the series. Again though, I think that had they had partners and you didn't feel like that all your good stickers must be saved and afraid to use any good stickers in battles, the sticker mechanic would have been a lot more beneficial.

Back