Nobody loves a DK

Which time has DK failed the hardest?

• Having to get the coins at the end of DK64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Being the only slow character in Super Smash Bros.

• The "Green" color in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which makes him look liek a sewage monster

• DK Junior as a playable character in Mario Tennis

• Any game involving "DK Bongos"

• That stupid "Crystal Coconut" show.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Monty Mole said:
Gee, just because it's a cameo? I don't suppose that has anything to do with it at all.
Could you repeat this more clearly?I don't get what you are trying to say.

Me neither.

But anyway DK Jr. has

Been the star of 3 games.(Not to mention re-makes)

Been playable in two games.

Made cameos in at least two games.

Thats not THAT obscure.And how can you say Blooper and Hammer Bro. are obscure. They appear in Tons of games.

ultimatetoad said:
Me neither.

But anyway DK Jr. has

Been the star of 3 games.(Not to mention re-makes)

Been playable in two games.

Made cameos in at least two games.

Thats not THAT obscure.And how can you say Blooper and Hammer Bro. are obscure. They appear in Tons of games.

There also the whole Dk jr=Current Dk thing.

ultimatetoad said:

Maybe obscure isn't really the best word. What I'm getting is that out of all the characters, Hamer Bros. and Blooper don't really stand out. There are much better characters Nintendo could choose to fill those spots.

A good rule of thumb is that if my mom hasn't heard of a mario character, they are probably not that important.

Well, my vote goet to "Having to get the coins at the end of DK64".
The Donkey Kong Country series are really cool, but the N64 version is just lame.

My vote can't go for anything. I either can't have an opinion due to not seeing/playing things, or I don't understand how some of the possible votes make DK bad.

Actually, I think the addition of little DK Jr. was one of the greatest things Nintendo ever did... oh, wait... it was Camelot who did that. Seriously, with the recent spin-offs, it's only about generic characters like, OMGOSH! Goomba, FTW! Screw. that. up. Why in heck would I want to play as Goomba?! I stomped him and his little dog, too way back in Super Mario Bros. 1! What's so hard about sticking a cap on the guy and calling him Goombario?! Or making it that pimp-like Goomba from Mario Party 4?

I'm fine with people like King Boo, too... as long as Boo isn't there with him. Hoo-ray... we got generic Boo instead of someone cool like Pauline, Plum, or Stanley the Bugman. Hoo-ray for Nintendo.

Stumpers said:
Actually, I think the addition of little DK Jr. was one of the greatest things Nintendo ever did... oh, wait... it was Camelot who did that. Seriously, with the recent spin-offs, it's only about generic characters like, OMGOSH! Goomba, FTW! Screw. that. up. Why in heck would I want to play as Goomba?! I stomped him and his little dog, too way back in Super Mario Bros. 1! What's so hard about sticking a cap on the guy and calling him Goombario?! Or making it that pimp-like Goomba from Mario Party 4?

I'm fine with people like King Boo, too... as long as Boo isn't there with him. Hoo-ray... we got generic Boo instead of someone cool like Pauline, Plum, or Stanley the Bugman. Hoo-ray for Nintendo.

and, in all the games Goombas appear, for the record, they STINK!!! I mean, Goomba in Basball can't even hit a stinkin' bunt!!!! I mean, WTF?!

Actually, I think the addition of little DK Jr. was one of the greatest things Nintendo ever did... oh, wait... it was Camelot who did that.

Nintendo did create DK Jr. DK Jr. was the star of the game Donkey Kong Jr., the sequel to Donkey Kong.

I think he meant the addition of DKJ in Mario Tennis.

The "Green" color in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which makes him look liek a sewage monster: voted for that :lol: :lol:

Great Gonzo said:
The "Green" color in Super Smash Bros. Melee, which makes him look liek a sewage monster: voted for that :lol: :lol:

:lol:, that made me laugh, but I always thought Bongo games were kinda stupid.

The bongos do seem like a rather dumb gimmick, but the games themselves may be very enjoyable. I wouldn't know. Chili dogs rule.

HIT THE CHLIDOG FAN WITH A BONGO!

I need to play the bongos.

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo dooooooo..

Bongobongobongo.

The Bongo games seem gimicky. Not that I've played 'em.

Plumber said: The Bongo games seem gimicky. Not that I've played 'em.

If you've never played, you can't have an opinion. No soup for you.

Actually, every reviewer I know of found that they were actually quite nice in Jungle Beat.

ultimatetoad said:

You watch Seinfeld?

Great Gonzo said:

You think a mere palette swap ruined DK's career?! THIS THREAD, AS MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY SAID, IS INSANE! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!111

You'd be surprised at the amount of things that people say make a video game character crap; I was, a lot of people out there don't like Donkey Kong or his series, though mostly the Rare, Ltd. created Donkey Kong games.

Plumber said:
ultimatetoad said:

You watch Seinfeld?

Yup. I was watching that epsiode when I made that post....

Back