Nintendo discontinuing select online services for the Wii

Nintendo will stop providing online services for them, so they won't be used anymore. It's not the same as deleting channels (they're part of your Wii anyway), but since the online service is gone, they'll be just useless.

Donkey Kong Country wiki article said:
The trilogy was delisted from the Virtual Console in November 2012 due to reasons unknown.

And so it has been. How interesting.

Actually, eShop and Wii Shop products get removed quite often.
Just like Pokédex 3D, for example.

I got scared for a second. I have 1000 points saved (waiting for Nintendo to release Mario Party 3, which they never did, DAMN YOU) and I thought I was going to lose them. I think it would be wise to start thinking what to spend them on, since it's obvious they're not adding any new games.

This is kind of sad. It marks the Wii's "death" date is approaching. A great console, a great era has begun to end, if that makes sense.

MKGirlism said:

Pokedex 3D only covered the 5th generation, for the Black & White versions though. Pokedex 3D Pro covers ALL the Pokemon from the first five generations, for the Black 2 & White 2 versions.

MnSG said:
MKGirlism said:

Pokedex 3D only covered the 5th generation, for the Black & White versions though. Pokedex 3D Pro covers ALL the Pokemon from the first five generations, for the Black 2 & White 2 versions.
and rips money out of you.

It's not worth the price, trust me.

Turbo-Tastic said:
Mario4Ever said:
Donkey Kong Country wiki article said:
The trilogy was delisted from the Virtual Console in November 2012 due to reasons unknown.

And so it has been. How interesting.
I bet it has something to do with Rare... :smug:
It actually is really weird, because Nintendo owns the rights to the DKC franchise (see: Donkey Kong Country Returns), and the titles were removed without Nintendo ever saying anything about it. Shame I never bought DKC2 and 3, think it's time for me to get an SNES.

Ha! That's what you get people who used the Check Mii Out Channel for not nominating any of my mii's as a winner but nominating these jacked up (messed up), terrible mii's. Also, that's what you get Everybody Votes Channel for not taking any of my ideas for polls. FOR THAT YOU BOTH (channels) GET SHUT DOWN AS CARMA! YOU BOTH (channels) WILL DIE IN THE SAME PIT OF RANDNET INTERNET FOR THE N64! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

chillv said:
Ha! That's what you get people who used the Check Mii Out Channel for not nominating any of my mii's as a winner but nominating these jacked up (messed up), terrible mii's. Also, that's what you get Everybody Votes Channel for not taking any of my ideas for polls. FOR THAT YOU BOTH (channels) GET SHUT DOWN AS CARMA! YOU BOTH (channels) WILL DIE IN THE SAME PIT OF RANDNET INTERNET FOR THE N64! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
I find this kind of a spammish post.

chillv said:
Quite possibly the most egotistical post I've seen, no offense.

I didn't mean to make it sound spammish or egotistical. I just find it as carma since the winners for some of the miis in the check mii out channel looked very similar and didn't look any better than mine which is very unfair. For example, there was a competition to make a mii that looks like a fortune teller. When I saw the results, all of the Miis looked exactly the same, no difference at all. The poll ideas I sent (which were really good questions) never got used however, lame ideas for polls such as "Do you have swimwear?" get used. I felt that they were both rigged and unfairly structured and whoever actually had the good questions and good miis would not get a chance to be nominated.

Also, when I said "people who used the Check Mii Out Channel", I mean whoever was cheating during the voting and posting. They must have been posting on multiple Wiis and voting on the same mii. There is no way that multiple people all over the world have made the same mii and submitted it and they all get nominated. There had to be some sort of hacking going on and the same can go for the everybody votes channel.

Well it's a popularity contest so the obscure people get left out.

I understand that, but explain how over 30 people all around the world can legitimately make the exact same mii and submit it.

Also, some of the winners have made miis that have nothing to do with the subject. For example, there was a mii contest for the best dad in the world and the results were a whole bunch of miis that looked like Peter from Family Guy and the all looked the same. What does that have to do with the subject?

Again, it's a popularity contest.

You shouldn't really throw a fit over this

Baby Luigi said:
Again, it's a popularity contest.

You shouldn't really throw a fit over this
So it doesn't matter that your mii is good or not. It just matters how many people voted. Again, that gives a lot of room for cheating like I said. I am not throwing a fit over this. I'm just saying that it's good riddin's to those two channels since they were crap in my opinion anyway. In fact, when I go back to my wii, I hardly even think about those channels.

Well, the Check Mii Out Channel reminds me back at the days of Spore, where crappy creations become the popular ones because spammers uprated the creation.

And to be honest, when I mentioned randnet internet, I wondered how the contest on that were at the time. They probably were just the same.

chillv said:
Also, some of the winners have made miis that have nothing to do with the subject. For example, there was a mii contest for the best dad in the world and the results were a whole bunch of miis that looked like Peter from Family Guy and the all looked the same. What does that have to do with the subject?
What. Of course.

DID YOU NOT KNOW PETER WAS A FATHER.

Turbo-Tastic said:
chillv said:
What. Of course.

DID YOU NOT KNOW PETER WAS A FATHER.
I know that, but he is not a good one nor is he the best.

I'm guessing this won't affect anything that was ported over to the Wii U, such as online multiplayer and things that games send to the Wii message board, such as when you finish SMG1 & 2, MKW and Pokemon Snap.

Mario4Ever said:
Your opinion.
Yeah, good point. However, I don't think that's what they meant by "The best dad in the world". I think they meant by "your dad". I never submitted to that one but it seems that they took it the wrong way. The real problem I had with it is that too many of them were nominated and none were different in anyway, showing that some cheating was involved.

They didn't "mean" anything by it. It was only to encourage people to submit their idea of what that meant, as with every other contest (unless they said to make Link or something).

Back