What´s your favourite mario party?

which mario party is you guys's favourite?

• mario party 2

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • mario party ds

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • mario party 9

• mario party 8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mario party 7

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • mario party advance

• mario party 6

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • mario party 5

• mario party 4

• mario party 3

• mario party 1

• Screw mario party.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Xerneas said:
The only MP I don't own is Mario Party, which I badly want.

You'll hate the control stick rotating minigames

Well I hated those games. I think it's one of the reasons my N64 controllers are busted. I didn't own the game....but still...

Mario Party 3 because I'm biased. That was the game I played every other day on the N64 because we didn't have the money to buy any more games.

Excluding it, I enjoyed Mario Party 6 a lot. Not sure why, it was just fun to play.

Baby Luigi said:
Not really. I'm sure they're as clueless as you
First off, that's very rude. Why would you compare my mind to a CPU just because I have a theory that they could be cheating. I do not think that they cheat all of the time but I have seen some factors of them doing this. Here are all examples based on things that happened when I was playing it.

1. Doing the "chance time" event if you are in the lead and regardle if it's stopping them from winning. They will stop the dice right when it is on your character. The chance time event is supposed to be based on probability and there is no coincidence of that happening several times.

2. Whenever a CPU lands on the Boo space or uses the Boo bell, they will steal a star or coins from you just because you are in first regardless of the fact if they are in 3rd or 4th. I don't think I can count this as cheating but I can say it's kind of unfair and an unprofessional way to program a CPU.

3. CPU's also have a tendency to roll the dice to the exact number to land on the exact space that is obviously the one they want to land on. There is no way that this is coincidental if it has happened very often.

However, it could be that they are not cheating and it's just that I can predict the future or read the minds of bots or something.

As far as the minigames go, there's only one that is absolutely unfair to all players, even the CPU's and it's the one battle minigame where each player take turns pressing down different colored levers or something and you have to "hope" that it doesn't set off a bowser bomb and you lose.

Also, it's funny how you said "clueless as me" since that sounds like your saying that they are smart (which they aren't if you set them on easy, you can sometimes do nothing and still win. I stand by the youtube video called Mario Party 2: Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing)

chillv, all those things sound like them just getting lucky, not cheating. It seems like they have better chances to get what they want but it's the exact same as yours.
1. It's a coincidence. Even if you say it's not possible, there's a 1/4 chance you'll be on chance time so it's very much possible.

2. Doesn't help your cheating argument, that's how they're programmed. Simple as that.

3. That's just a coincidence, you probably also 'have a tendency' to land on what you need sometimes but don't realize it.

I don't think you can predict the future or read the minds of mindless beings, 1 & 2 are luck-based so it doesn't matter if you think it's not a coincidence or not. 2 doesn't matter. About the battle mini-game: The configuration of what sets off the bomb is random and I assume their choice is also random, since that is also a luck-based mini-game.

It's natural for people to remember things differently to benefit their arguments or beliefs. It may seem like they have better luck, but you probably don't realize that you are getting good rolls and good luck just as much as them because you expect yourself to win and not them. (e.g. I play Fortune Street, I think the CPU's are getting better rolls but I payed attention and realized I'd gotten much luckier with my rolls than them, but I still felt like they had better luck. It's just that I believe I deserve better rolls as a player and my good luck is normal in my view, which makes normal luck seem bad.)
tl;dr They're not cheating, it's just a coincidence. We just subconsciously choose to believe that we don't do as good as computers.

Crackin355 said:
chillv, all those things sound like them just getting lucky, not cheating. It seems like they have better chances to get what they want but it's the exact same as yours.
1. It's a coincidence. Even if you say it's not possible, there's a 1/4 chance you'll be on chance time so it's very much possible.

2. Doesn't help your cheating argument, that's how they're programmed. Simple as that.

3. That's just a coincidence, you probably also 'have a tendency' to land on what you need sometimes but don't realize it.

I don't think you can predict the future or read the minds of mindless beings, 1 & 2 are luck-based so it doesn't matter if you think it's not a coincidence or not. 2 doesn't matter. About the battle mini-game: The configuration of what sets off the bomb is random and I assume their choice is also random, since that is also a luck-based mini-game.

It's natural for people to remember things differently to benefit their arguments or beliefs. It may seem like they have better luck, but you probably don't realize that you are getting good rolls and good luck just as much as them because you expect yourself to win and not them. (e.g. I play Fortune Street, I think the CPU's are getting better rolls but I payed attention and realized I'd gotten much luckier with my rolls than them, but I still felt like they had better luck. It's just that I believe I deserve better rolls as a player and my good luck is normal in my view, which makes normal luck seem bad.)
tl;dr They're not cheating, it's just a coincidence. We just subconsciously choose to believe that we don't do as good as computers.
How exactly is it a coincidence for something to happen many times. I have played mario party 2 about 6 times and have experienced the following.

Also, I am not saying that it is impossible to beat them nor am I saying that they get what they want most of the time. (which they sometimes don't) I am only stating a theory, not a fact. It's okay if you beg to differ but that will not change what I think.

Am I the only one who loved five? Pft, ya think MP9 gets hate? This Mario Party gets nothing; it's the most obscure and underrated yet. But it holds a special place in my heart for being my very first Mario Party.

Turbo-Tastic said:
Am I the only one who loved five? Pft, ya think MP9 gets hate? This Mario Party gets nothing; it's the most obscure and underrated yet. But it holds a special place in my heart for being my very first Mario Party.
I've seen lots of MP5 fans, so don't know what you're talking about.

Virion said:
Turbo-Tastic said:
I've seen lots of MP5 fans, so don't know what you're talking about.
wait wut. REALLY? I never here it mentioned very much, so w/e.

Mario Party 5 has the best minigames in the series. No doubt about it.

Mario Party 5 had Mario Mechs. End of argument about minigames.

Virion said:
Mario Party 9. I don't care what other people think, I think it's amazing.

6 would probably come in second.

I agree that 9 really wasn't too bad if you ignore it's flaws. It's still fun to play when you're bored.

Mario Party 9 had pretty awesome minigames. I have to give that to it.

Back