What do you use more often in the RPG's?

What do you most commonly use?

• Jump

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Hammer

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Items

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
I have never played a mario rpg before. I am thinking about getting bowser's inside story and maybe the new 3ds one (dream team).

Does bowser's inside story let you play as bowser most of time?

Goombar said:
chillv said:
I have never played a mario rpg before.
FIX THAT RIGHT NOW, MAN.
Play any RPG with Mario in it (excluding Paper Mario: Sticker Star) and I guarantee you you'll fall in love with it.
You didn't answer my question about bowsers inside story.

chillv said:
Goombar said:
chillv said:
FIX THAT RIGHT NOW, MAN.
Play any RPG with Mario in it (excluding Paper Mario: Sticker Star) and I guarantee you you'll fall in love with it.
You didn't answer my question about bowsers inside story.

It's about 60/40 with M&L getting the majority of time.

That was main quest though. Side quest though its more like 70/30.

It's hard to judge because there are times where you don't play as Bowser for a long time, but then there are times where you don't play M&L for a long time.

Jumping because you can get a Spike Badge in most RPG games, which means you can hit more enemies.

Goombar said:
chillv said:
FIX THAT RIGHT NOW, MAN.

Also, the reason why I haven't played them. I never have played a good RPG. I have only played one rpg and it's pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time. The difficulty was so winged and the overall the story deviates from what the game looked like it was about to be about. That's why I never gained the enthusiasm or motivation to get through it. I wish I could play earthbound since it looks like a very fun RPG but there are obvious reasons why I can't. I have been completely turned off of pokemon RPG's because of mystery dungeon explorers of time plus the strategy of the game looks like rocket science to me which is something I can't handle. I have never played a final fantasy game and there are so many of them that I don't even know which one to play. I have never played fire emblem. It looks like it will be too hard for me to playthrough due to me being a novice at RPGs. I have no idea what Dragon Quest is supposed to be about and it looks boring to me.

Mario RPGs are pretty simple to understand compared to Pokemon. Especially Mystery Dungeon. You battle enemies separately from overworld. All you have to do in Mario RPGs is to learn the timings of attacks.

chillv said:
I have never played a mario rpg before. I am thinking about getting bowser's inside story and maybe the new 3ds one (dream team).

Does bowser's inside story let you play as bowser most of time?
Buddy,

GET BOWSER'S INSIDE RIGHT NOW,STOP READING THIS AND GO BUY IT.

Back on the topic,I generally use hammer's most of the time,and I always use specials as much as I can for bosses.

In Paper Mario and Paper Mario: Stiker Star, I use whatever is best for the emeny

For BiS, I mainly use jump and only Hammer when needed.

Only really use Hammer for enemies with high defense or spikes (both of which can be solved with badges). Jump can deal more damage, and therefore I use it.

I'm currently playing partners in time and I'm really enjoying the game, very creative mechanic changes from the first Mario and Luigi, the reason I am only playing it right now is because I don't invest much time a day on RPGs, meaning it took me a long while to finish Super Star Saga. As for the question, I will have to say jumping! it just feels like the brothers second nature and i like the simple timing it requires you to memorize! it feels nice! In paper Mario games I prefer hammer though

I always jump on PiT. Believe it or not, I always fail at the hammer in that game. The action command says to press the adult then the baby's button or something like that, but I never seem to get the timing right, so in that game I always jump (unless I use a Bros. item or healing item)

Fawful said:
I always jump on PiT. Believe it or not, I always fail at the hammer in that game. The action command says to press the adult then the baby's button or something like that, but I never seem to get the timing right, so in that game I always jump (unless I use a Bros. item or healing item)
How did you get past the Vim Factory?

I don't remember any part where the Hammer was required to use in battle to progress, but if there was, I somehow did it. (If you're referring to the tutorials, well it's always easy in a tutorial) If you're implying that I never use the hammer outside of battle, then no, I use it whenever needed outside battle. Wherever there was a spiked enemy to attack I would always whip out a Green Shell or something.

You're supposed to activate the hammer as soon as the hammer shakes when the hammer is risen. Do it too early, and you'll trip and fall face flat. Too late or right when you lift the hammer up and the head comes off.

Maybe you're too quick. It depends how you fail. Do you fall face flat or does the hammer head drop off?

You have to wait a little while before you press the button: pushing it too quickly can cause the hammer head to fall off. You're supposed to press the button as soon as the hammer starts shaking.

In ttyd, i would use hammer just because the power smash does a lot of damage.However the jump can has a lot more uses. You can jump on any enemy with all the right badges, you can jump on all the enemies with the multi bounce, some jumps have status conditions that are easy to pull off, and the power bounce can do a lot of damage.

The Hammer. The timing on jump in each game is slightly different, but not enough to get me able to be good at them all. On the other hand, the hammer timing is fairly different so I find it easier to pull off better hits. Also the hammer requires one button press/hold, not two.

Jumping. Partialy because I'm lazy in rpg's and it seems easy to just press A and jump on an enemy. It also depends on which mario rpg your talking about.

Back