'Shroom Spotlight

New Year, New Us (sort of), let's try and get the remaining three goals completed!

Anyone with Mario Strikers and Strikers Charged, see if you can find out what events (if any) this stadium is the stadium for. Like how it's the Super Flower Field's default stadium, are there any other cups or fields where it's the default? Also, any guidebooks naming capacity, or was it just random information tacked on?

Anyone with Diddy Kong Racing and its DS remake, what's the course like. Snowball Valley is perfect for what we need this course to be looking for. Are there any YouTube playthroughs that could help someone expand it if no one has the game?

Anyone with a Prima guide for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, or has a friend who has it, what page mentions Snapses being called Snippys?

Okay, I think there should be a more robust selection process to comfortably allow eleventh-hour changes to the selections. I've just looked at the selection for this month, and while one focus was completed before the selections were even unveiled, another selection could only be created as a redirect due to a proposal outcome: MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive 55#Compile Play Nintendo puzzle activities in a single page

Wouldn't it be more effective if you drew up to five articles/files needing attention from a certain maintenance category? The way I see it, one could be the preferred pick for a certain 'Shroom edition, while the others could be backups in case something happens after the Spotlight section is submitted to allow for some on-the-fly changes.

Sometimes things change at the last minute, I've had that happen a few times when sending in my sections. As long as some related task is completed, then it fulfills the requirements. A page being created as a redirect is still a page being created.

Okay, I think there should be a more robust selection process to comfortably allow eleventh-hour changes to the selections. I've just looked at the selection for this month, and while one focus was completed before the selections were even unveiled, another selection could only be created as a redirect due to a proposal outcome: MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive 55#Compile Play Nintendo puzzle activities in a single page

Wouldn't it be more effective if you drew up to five articles/files needing attention from a certain maintenance category? The way I see it, one could be the preferred pick for a certain 'Shroom edition, while the others could be backups in case something happens after the Spotlight section is submitted to allow for some on-the-fly changes.
Your main thesis focuses on the fact that I'll notice said eleventh hour change. I usually do Spotlight about a week / week and a half before release, in which I click on various articles for the process. I have parts of the month where I'm too busy to check all of these things, hence why despite a 'Shroom issue being released on a Saturday, I generally only get to this thread on mid-Sunday or Monday. Throwing five possibilities onto the Spotlight for whoever to remove on release day is more hassle than it's worth considering the rarity in which it happens.

And during the selection process for this month, one goal was completed - something to do with Winter Stages on the Play Nintendo website - so I swapped it out with something to try and keep the theme of Christmas for the month. It's easy as pie to find something to improve in the categories, and if worst came to worst I'd nominate something even if I felt there wasn't a chance in hell of it being completed or just click on the first thing on the list.

Speaking of focuses, we have six brand new ones to look at.

Jolly Jigsaw Holiday Puzzle Online (wanted article)
Fire Mountain (court) (stub)
Piranha Plants on Ice (rewrite-expand)

Big Penguin (citation)
Flamethrower (more images)
File:NSMBW World 9-5 Screenshot.png (image quality)

Last edited:
Looks like another Shroom Spotlight has been released. I let Duskull tell more about it. Anyways. I'm here to talk about the Citation Needed section. And this time it's two on Megaleg. So let's start with the history and see when things were added. And you can tell standards were different when it was first made in 2006. Wasn't even named Megaleg until October 2007. Anyways. In 2009, it was thought possible to be in SMG2, but it is clear that it is referring Digga-Leg. Eventually, User:Tac0bell89 cities Nintendo Power on January 16, 2010, though this later referenced Digga-Leg on February 28, 2010. Both were removed by User:MeritC on May 2, 2010. On May 24, User:SinnohMasterGalaxy added the Nintendo Power thing that we have today as trivia. It wasn't until July 19, 2017 User:Baby Luigi added the reference needed tag. On July 29, 2019, User:MiracleDinner added the other trivia with the reference needed on that very same edit. So, that is the history of the Megaleg trivias. Now before I go, I have proof of the second one... except it could not really be an unused planet given the Launchstar path.
F93594D2-445D-447F-A3BF-0B4C009F0160.jpeg

Thank you very much for the introduction, @Yoshi the SSM! And that planetary thing is very interesting, does that planet match up with any others in the galaxy?

As for Spotlight goals for February 2020,

Royal Coffers - Luigi's Mansion 3 (wanted articles)
Touchstone Turmoil - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (section stub)
Pink Apple - Super Paper Mario (rewrite-expand)

Megaleg - Super Mario Galaxy (citation needed)
First Strike - Paper Mario / Mario & Luigi series (more images)
File:DryBowserBISBJJ.png - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey (image quality)

Given it's a Wanted Article, Royal Coffers is fairly self-explanatory for what we're looking for.
Touchstone Turmoil really needs a layout section, especially given this one is simply one sentence long at the moment.
Pink Apple is just looking for an in-game description of the item. I haven't played SPM much so I can't say if there's much more to add on after that, but reading the article it looks complete.
Yoshi the SSM has a pretty good summary on what's needed for Megaleg.
First Strike is again pretty self-explanatory given its category, looking for images of it being used in all games it appears in, rather than just the original Paper Mario.
And the image focus could definitely be a bit less blurry. Does it need to be cropped? Perhaps not, but if the quality can be improved and it remains cropped, that's a-okay for me!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the introduction, @Yoshi the SSM! And that planetary thing is very interesting, does that planet match up with any others in the galaxy?

Well, I followed the direction of the planet and determined that it was indeed the first planet of the galaxy. It looks difficult when viewing it on the bottom. From the bottom, you can clearly see the starting spot. So the green effect is either because of distance or from the inactive state.

That's pretty neat, if you haven't already, we should make sure the change is made!

We had a fairly successful run last time, so let's try and keep it up this time around as well!

Blob & Key (wanted article - WarioWare: D.I.Y.)
Toodles (rewrite - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Super Mario Kart (rewrite-expand)
Control Coin (citation - Super Mario World)
Shakespeare Bust (image needed - Mario is Missing!)
File:DaisyBogeyWorldTour.png (image quality - Mario Golf: World Tour)

Blob & Key is self-explanatory as a wanted article, try to get to same standard as other microgame articles.
Toodles really needs a rewrite, full of the usual RPG style of writing that used to plague the wiki.
Super Mario Kart just needs to have the control section for the Nintendo Switch version.
Control Coin needs references for the names Coin Snake and Directional Coins.
Shakespeare Bust is also self-explanatory given its category.
File:DaisyBogeyWorldTour.png could just be a little crisper, a higher quality recapture would suffice.

Last edited:
I'll see if I can help out with the MK7 screenshot.

2020-04-20_00-00-46.348_top.png

Going to upload this as soon as long in my account.

Amazing, I know who to turn to if ever we need to do another MK7 screenshot ;)

No problem, and I really hope that I don't catch Baby Luigi in the background somewhere cuz the game's modded.

I was going to add something on the Rosalina page, but Toadette the Achiever put something there first. And to be clear, it is on page 197 of "The Art of Super Mario Odyssey".

I expanded the article for Lots O'Fish featured in the Spotlight. I'm not as familiar with Yoshi's Story as I am with the the other games that I expand level articles for, so it may need to be double checked to make sure I didn't miss something.

As we can see, we're already off to a pretty good start! Let's try and keep that up.

Basic Training (challenge) (wanted article)
Lots O'Fish (stub)

Machine Made (rewrite-expand / long trivia)
Rosalina (citation needed)
Patty (Dragon Quest) (more images needed)
File:PM3DS nsmbw grassland.png (image quality)

I expanded the article for Lots O'Fish featured in the Spotlight. I'm not as familiar with Yoshi's Story as I am with the the other games that I expand level articles for, so it may need to be double checked to make sure I didn't miss something.

Out of curiosity, what is your experience with Yoshi's Story? I think there are a few levels for that game which are stub articles for lacking a layout, so it might be useful to know for future editions. 🙂

Last edited:
I mainly am familiar with the game through watching it, rather than playing it like the other games. At some point, I hope to maybe get to some of the stubs, though I'm currently working on expanding New Super Mario Bros. series levels with very little informatio.

Trimmed the Trivia in Machine Made.

I'd be happy to replace some of those 3DS screenshots, but is there any way to upload screenshots straight from a 3DS? I used to use Miiverse but that obviously isn't an option anymore, and I can't get any other options like imgur to work.

Back