'Shroom Spotlight

You know, it has been over two years since I created the Lightning Orb (object) (which became Conductor) page, and a little less than that, but still the same wording since the ref needed was added. Me nor Time Turner are going to be useful for finding the source. Not me because I just created the page due to a red link and not looking up what the real name was. And not Time Turner because he added the ref needed. Timer Turner was also the one who made the Lightning Orb link in the first place, so the person who added it can't help.

So, do you think that this should be on the 'Shroom Spotlight or just in my post?

Next month is ice/fire themed for Christmas stuff, and I've got the citation planned out. But if you remind me, I'm more than happy to feature it for January, unless a source is found before then :)

I've purged the trivia section from Sticker and also Hideout Helm that was tagged with it. It's not difficult getting rid of the trivia, really. Takes about as much time as editing the darn notice template in.

I also rewrote Piper. I legit thought Piper's friends were Ptooies as well (because the article in of itself was badly written to begin with) because it never explained who exactly they were (and I never played the game) until looking at the screenshot and some confusing banter about Toads being united led me to realize that. I've removed the side quest stuff but kept the parts where they talked about stuff Piper did in the past as that's relevant to him. I might have pruned out some plot relevant details surrounding the wilting tree but again, article was a bit confusing in of itself so I did the best I could to fix its issues.

I might have a suggestion for a future Spotlight here, I think Hot Air Balloon could use a rewrite- I only tagged it today but it's been bugging me for a while, and I can't do it myself as I haven't played a lot of the games it mentions. Just a potential suggestion for a future issue, I think it could use a few different people to look into fixing it up. :)

Shiny K-Troopa has recently found a source for Sweet Sweet galaxy's early name, meaning another spotlight goal has succeeded!

Also, keep in mind that creating Bowser's Castle X will never be fulfilled, as Alex95 just checked and it's not an official name; it's just referred to as Bowser's Castle again in the rematch.

Looking at the current tag it's rewrite-expand ;P But yeah, there should be no issues in highlighting it so long as it's not fixed beforehand.

Tta and I covered Mushroom Bridge, pretty much. I like the car information on there so I left it.

Does Speed Golf even need a separate article? Why can't it just be its own section of each game's respective articles, since the mode isn't really in-depth enough to warrant it (Battle Mode for example is more in-depth). It's like making an article on Minigame Mode.

Hell, Minigame Mode warrants an own article even more than this because it even has smaller side modes to it.

I'd have no objections to seeing Speed Golf merged in with each respective game.

Baby Luigi said:
Does Speed Golf even need a separate article? Why can't it just be its own section of each game's respective articles, since the mode isn't really in-depth enough to warrant it (Battle Mode for example is more in-depth). It's like making an article on Minigame Mode.

Hell, Minigame Mode warrants an own article even more than this because it even has smaller side modes to it.
I also agree that Speed Golf should be merged with the respective games that it appears in's pages due to how small the mode is essentially being Time Trials. (We could also turn Speed Golf into a redirect to the gameplay section in the Mario Golf series page similar to how Time Trials is a redirect to the modes of play section in the Mario Kart series page)

We're only a couple of weeks away from the new Spotlight, and there are two focuses that haven't been done.

So, can anyone create Cowabunga? and what's happening with Speed Golf? It looks like the general consensus, both on forum and wiki, is to merge it into the games.

Also, as much as I have got the focuses for next month down, I'd like to bring up some articles I noticed that I thought I'd seek input on if I were to include them later.

Blue Key (Paper Mario) and Muss T. - Both of these are labelled as stubs, however to me they just look short articles. I've only seen two playthroughs of Paper Mario, but I can't remember either of these having substantial roles that haven't been mentioned in the article.

Time Limit - Is an amounts section required? Part of me thinks it'd be neat to have a list of different time limits, but at the same time part of me doesn't think it's necessary.

Both the Blue Key (Paper Mario) and Muss T. pages covered everything about their subjects and thus were not stubs, so I removed the template. As for Time Limit listing the different amounts could be useful, although you may want to go on the staff board to see what the admins think.

Doomhiker said:
As for Time Limit listing the different amounts could be useful, although you may want to go on the staff board to see what the admins think.
It's not really something that requires admin input, a general community consensus is enough.

Only a few weeks before next Spotlight, so let's try and get a final push.

King Bob-omb's Powderkeg Mine just needs a layout, so if anyone out there has Super Mario Party, it would be great to get that.
Paper-Cone Goomba could actually be complete, as from the sounds of it, it acts identical to Sticker Star and only appears in one place.
Quicksand just needs a page number from the New Super Mario Bros. 2 guide to lose the citation tag, and a few more images (which might be somewhere on the wiki).
And File:Paper bowser jr..png could be less blurry, and maybe less cropped but that could just be my personal preference. So anyone with Paper Jam, feel free to recapture and upload.

We had a 50/50 success rate last time, let's try and boost that number this time around. Also made a small error, should've double-checked before but image quality focus was actually fixed a few days before release, so at least you don't have to worry about that one this time around, unless you want to partake in a small bonus round.

But these are the rest of this month's focuses.

Omega-onion (wanted article - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)
King Kaliente's Battle Fleet (rewrite - Super Mario Galaxy)
Yarn Block (rewrite-expand - Wario Land III)
Unfurl Block (citation - Paper Mario: Colour Splash)
Asako Kozuki (image requested - voice actress)
File:Dice Block MP6.png (image quality - Mario Party 6)

BONUS ROUND
File:Birdo appearance.png (image quality) Isn't the worst quality image on the wiki, but could be cleaned up just a little.

Back