Should players be able to bump into each other?

Booster Kong 64

Are you leaking, my dear?
Banned User
In the four player New Super Mario Bros both U and Wii you get in each others way. When you play like Donkey Kong Country Returns I know its just 2p but you dont bump into each other. Could they have done it for Bros U and Wii where you pass right through each other but can still pick them up and throw them upwards like Kiddy and Dixie?

Bubble Man said:
Fawful said:
It's fun to troll the other players by using them as a boost while they go into a pit.
But then the other player will throw the remote at the TV.
Anyone that would get angry enough to throw a remote at a TV (possibly breaking it) over a game is pathetic.

not sure really, seems kinda funny watching it but ive never played multi with those games with anybody so im not sure....

although i could see how it would be annoying.

That's what makes the fun of multiplayer. If not it would be the same as playing solo.

Since in NSMBW and NSMBU you can't slap other players off the edge like in Rayman Origins it's the next best thing to be able to get in each others way.

Bumping into each other is a good feature in my opinion and is kinda really important since you can take advantage of it in certain scenarios..

It's been that way since the dawns of time.. with Mario Bros. 1983 :posh:

And it just adds a touch of challenge too it, since 1player is easy peasy.

Bumping is stupid and annoying but is easily alleviated by bubbling

Actually, you can jump on players to reach a higher ledge. And if you're knocked of a cliff, you can just bubble up.

I don't have any freinds that I could invite to play with me most of the time so I mostly play solo. That's probably why I don't play games like Mario Party.

They should have made it an optional thing, where you could swich it on and off. It does get really annoying at times especially when you and a buddy are trying to stay alive and not get burned by GIANT bowser who's chasing you.

Geno said:
They should have made it an optional thing, where you could swich it on and off. It does get really annoying at times especially when you and a buddy are trying to stay alive and not get burned by GIANT bowser who's chasing you.

This, or alternatively, have separate command for bumping and passing. I.e., if you wanted to bump into the other player, double-tap the D-pad or something.

Back