Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, He's not a good pick

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Hell No, who came up with this

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
Waluigi, Bowser Jr., and Toad all have a decent shot of making it in.

Compared to Geno.

Dorayaki said:
Xpike said:
No, it's just the same as people who would like Groose or Krystal in the series, there's way more important characters out there that could make it in and represent more Nintendo series, like for example a new Metroid character or a Golden Sun character, instead of scraping to the bottom of the barrel. And, if you're gonna get any Square-Enix character, I'd rather have a FF, KH, or TWEWY character.
I think Geno is still a Mario member until Square-Enix finally make him appear in ongoing/original SE series. 3rd copyright problem isn't the deal here.

The correct sentence is, he's not an important character in Mario series.
Actually, Square owns every single part of SMRPG except things Nintendo already owned, that's why you see at the end of the Superstar Saga credits that Geno is a property of Square-Enix.

Baby Luigi said:
Ghostony said:
I don't want more Mario characters in smash bros tbh..
I recall the whole point of smash bros is Nintendo cross overs.. so yeah..
Mario is the largest series. I would actually be a bit surprised if the Mario series didn't receive at least one more newcomer.
Abit reasonable, but other series would relatively lose their chances. I don't mind replace some other major Mario characters with the original eight.

Xpike said:
Dorayaki said:
I think Geno is still a Mario member until Square-Enix finally make him appear in ongoing/original SE series. 3rd copyright problem isn't the deal here.
The correct sentence is, he's not an important character in Mario series.
Actually, Square owns every single part of SMRPG except things Nintendo already owned, that's why you see at the end of the Superstar Saga credits that Geno is a property of Square-Enix.
What I meant is not the fact who own the copyright, but what's really doing with the copyright. Even thoug Banjo and Conker failed, at least their owner tried something with them.
However, the fact Geno isn't reused doesn't necesarily mean that he's been unnoticed. As other RPG partners in Mario series, he might just be made to appear once (though that's unresonable), and it's nothing to do with copyright.

I just say that in either case he belongs to Nintendo or SE, he isn't the first pick for Smash bros series. If he doesn't make a comback story first, that's just putting the cart before the horse.

Back