Best and worst Paper Mario moments (not the game, the whole series)

Lord Bowser

listen
Banned User
Pm3dlogo.png

What are the best and worst Paper Mario moments, in your opinion?

Best; BRUTALLY MURDERING Finding and successfully defeating an Amazy Dayzee in all three console games. ;D

Worst; Dying in Paper Mario to General Guy and not saving when I got Watt. I had to redo practically half the chapter... :mad:

Best : ...dunno.. there's too many to count, so I'l just list a few the second they come to mind..

-Finding out that you can choose the color of your yoshi by the name of your file
- Reading Luigi's stories
- not getting caught by tubba blubba (he was scary Q.Q)
- fooling around in the boo houses
- getting mrs.mowz as a partner

worst : never being able to beat the pit of 100 trials =.=

Best: Getting 100 Star Points from killing 2 Amazee Dayzees, an Elite Wizzerd and a Bob-Ulk.

Worst: When I was younger, and I fought the Shadow Queen the first time, she killed ALL my partners, and my god it was so difficult. Now I beat her with ease though.

Also, I hate the Glitz Pit with a passion. Those conditions really get to me... Also you can't get items from enemies. >__>

I feel like I've seen this thread before.

Anyway, getting chased by tubba blubba is definitly one of those good ones.

Worst (moments) would have to be every battle with koopa jr, he always seemed to appear at the worst times.

best: anything old man watchett says

also vivian joining because i thought she was really cool(also chandelures relative).

worst:

pit of 100 trials

Best: Going through Castle Bleck, it had that dark evil feel. Reading the hilarious dialogue and successfully beating the Pit of 100 trials.

Worst: Backtracking (twilight town, Fahr outpost) Certain locations such as the Overthere, Fahr Outpost, Dotwood Tree, dry dry desert, and Forever Forest. Finding General White.

Best: Plot of SPM and the way they progressed it and made Tippi and Count Bleck very dynamic characters - a rare thing to see in a mario game.

Worse: The lack of a good plot in PM: SS.

Xerneas said:
Best: Plot of SPM and the way they progressed it and made Tippi and Count Bleck very dynamic characters - a rare thing to see in a mario game.

SS didn't have a much of plot but it was okay.

Best: Going though the underwhere in SPM

Worse: still think

Best: Outer Space , Castle Bleck, The Underwhere, X-Naut Fortress, The Glitz Pit
Worst: Backtracking, The Overthere, Land of the Cragnons puzzles, Mimi boss fight in Sammers Kingdom.

Best: SPM plot, music, Mr. L

Worst: second puzzle in land of the cragnons, duel of 100, flopside pit of 100 trials.

Best:
In TTYD before the final phase with the Shadow Queen. The Doopliss chapter (think it was Ch. 4)
Whole plot in SPM, and beating the two Pits. Everything with Dimentio. Sammer Guy No. 67.
Worst:
Sticker Star.

Best: The whole Underwhere/Overthere story arc of SPM.

Xerneas said:
Per.

SPM playing the Mr. L thing for laughs also irritated me: it would have been more interesting if her heroes saw through the paper-thin disguise (no pun intended) and had to worry about saving Luigi on top of everything else. But I'm a drama person and I've heard from other folks that they liked the ridiculous "hmm, I know that guy from somewhere" angle, so it's definitely a ymmv thing.

Best: Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

Worst: everything in sticker star, hell even SPM was better than that.

Why does everyone hate Sticker Star. I mean it wasn't amazing but it was decent.

Because people moan about Nintendo reusing the same theme over and over and then moan when they try something new.

I don't own this game but I think the changes were too brutal compared to the Paper Mario series, that's why people hate it I think.

NSY said:
Why does everyone hate Sticker Star. I mean it wasn't amazing but it was decent.
...Have you not been reading anything in the Sticker Star thread?

The Dark Knight said:
Because people moan about Nintendo reusing the same theme over and over and then moan when they try something new.
That game isn't getting backlash for trying something new. It's because it took nearly everything that people loved about the first three games, and just threw them out the window, all for hypocritical reasons on Miyamoto's part. The game was pretty much a giant middle to the fans, especially to those who wanted a return to the original formula, after not getting a game like it in eight years.

If it's a Role Playing Game, you should get to play a role in the game.

Plus, it's only like this because of Miyamoto's anti-plot crusade. Sure, whitewash the platformers all you want, but not the story-driven games.

At least, that's why some of us hate it. Others resent the lack of partners, others don't like the sticker-collecting mechanic, others don't like how almost all the NPCs are Toads, etc. etc. And then of course you get all these potential reasons compounding... Basically, they screwed around with the formula too much and gave pretty much everybody something to be pissed about.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Back