Best and worst Paper Mario moments (not the game, the whole series)

Ok new best moment I had... in TTYD, getting a +5 on attack on Power Lift. My god that sweep was amazing. xD

Solar Blaze said:
NSY said:
Why does everyone hate Sticker Star. I mean it wasn't amazing but it was decent.
...Have you not been reading anything in the Sticker Star thread?

The Dark Knight said:
Because people moan about Nintendo reusing the same theme over and over and then moan when they try something new.
That game isn't getting backlash for trying something new. It's because it took nearly everything that people loved about the first three games, and just threw them out the window, all for hypocritical reasons on Miyamoto's part. The game was pretty much a giant middle to the fans, especially to those who wanted a return to the original formula, after not getting a game like it in eight years.
I still want Sticker Star but I think of it as a game with Paper Mario art style with platform gameplay rather than an RPG.

You certainly won't be missing much if you don't get it. If it hadn't been for the Club Nintendo deal regarding Donkey Kong: Original Edition and/or had I known that the ROM had already been dumped, then I wouldn't have entertained the thought of buying it.

PM: SS is a good game. But like my rants on other pages, and what Solar Blaze already stated, I just don't like the fact that they are starting to make common ground for every game.

Like, the RPG battling wasn't what made PM the series it was, as proven by SPM. It was the characters, jokes, adventuring, plotline, and partners.

PM basically was like the opposition of SPM. It has the RPG battling style, but no characters, [good enough] jokes, adventuring [that we know], plotline, and partners. And it doesn't have the sidequests.

I'm just getting ticked off that so many mario games are just starting to merge to the NSMB feel. Mario Party 9 was a letdown and had way too many NSMB stuff in it, PM: SS was basically NSMB with the addition of RPG battling, and so many of the Mario games are just beginning to become the same gosh darn thing. We like the fact that there are series in the Mario games because it allows for more age-groups and interests to be pursuited in the Mario series. However, they are now just becoming the same theme and the same techniques, just disguised by the name.

Xerneas said:
PM: SS is a good game. But like my rants on other pages, and what Solar Blaze already stated, I just don't like the fact that they are starting to make common ground for every game.

Like, the RPG battling wasn't what made PM the series it was, as proven by SPM. It was the characters, jokes, adventuring, plotline, and partners.

PM basically was like the opposition of SPM. It has the RPG battling style, but no characters, [good enough] jokes, adventuring [that we know], plotline, and partners. And it doesn't have the sidequests.

I'm just getting ticked off that so many mario games are just starting to merge to the NSMB feel. Mario Party 9 was a letdown and had way too many NSMB stuff in it, PM: SS was basically NSMB with the addition of RPG battling, and so many of the Mario games are just beginning to become the same gosh darn thing. We like the fact that there are series in the Mario games because it allows for more age-groups and interests to be pursuited in the Mario series. However, they are now just becoming the same theme and the same techniques, just disguised by the name.

I had to replay both TTYD and SPM just to tell myself that there is hope for Paper Mario on the WiiU. (I would have played PM64 too, but can't find it for some reason)

Solar Blaze said:
You can't find it on the Wii Shop Channel, you mean?

No, I meant I couldn't find my copy of it, but thanks for reminding me. I actually downloaded it a while back on the Wii Shop channel, but forgot I had it lol

Wow, I'm such an idiot. It was right there on my Wii home screen. Just.... wow.

I think I might have also downloaded it on my phone, I'll have to check. I also want TTYD on my phone, is there a Gamecube emulator out there for Android?

Xerneas said:
I'm just getting ticked off that so many mario games are just starting to merge to the NSMB feel. Mario Party 9 was a letdown and had way too many NSMB stuff in it,

How has Mario Party 9 too many NSMB stuff?

Cirdec said:
Xerneas said:
I'm just getting ticked off that so many mario games are just starting to merge to the NSMB feel. Mario Party 9 was a letdown and had way too many NSMB stuff in it,

How has Mario Party 9 too many NSMB stuff?
Toad Road and Bowser Jr minigames. I personally like it myself.

Mario Party 9's strong point was the minigames. That's a no contest that it beats Mario Party 8's.

And I don't mind the NSMB feel of Mario Party 9. Daisy and Waluigi look so damn great platforming in minigames such as Skyjinks!

NSY said:
Why does everyone hate Sticker Star. I mean it wasn't amazing but it was decent.
I've been wondering the exact same thing. I mean, it was half-decent.

Mr. L rocks! said:
NSY said:
I've been wondering the exact same thing. I mean, it was half-decent.

A lot of people hate it for not following the Paper Mario style of combat from the first two games, not having enough things that made Paper Mario great (Funny dialogue, memorable characters, etc.) and personal reasons.

By itself, I think it's a fantastic game (Others may see it as decent), but as a Paper Mario game, people expect more from it.

Best: When Kersti gets mad at Bowser in his castle and he doesn't even flinch. It cracks me up because of Kersti's expression. Also Doopliss freaking out when Mario tells him his name.

Worst: Can't decide.

Back