What is the worst experience you've ever had in a mafia game?

Northern Verve said:
The Innocents are outplaying the Mafia fair and square.

You have to admit, the innocents don't exactly have the most balanced of roles, considering we had two necromancers, one of 'em being capable of reviving someone every night, and then two doctors.

Tharja said:
Northern Verve said:
The Innocents are outplaying the Mafia fair and square.

You have to admit, the innocents don't exactly have the most balanced of roles, considering we had two necromancers, one of 'em being capable of reviving someone every night, and then two doctors.
wholly shit we had all of that why the fuck did we have all of that jesus that's awful...that whole game is a train wreck

Smash Bros Brawl Mafia

It was my first time being scum, and I went in not knowing how to defend myself.

Dragon Mafia is now up there with one of the worst experiences I've had in a mafia game because of me get lynched Day 1 because of a vote with bad reasoning. Worst of all, I didn't even get to respond to it.

What's the big bump for huh

Mine was in Zelda mafia where Icemario voted me for randomvoting and then i got attacked

Dracomon said:
NSY said:
Dragon Mafia is now up there with one of the worst experiences I've had in a mafia game because of me get lynched Day 1 because of a vote with bad reasoning. Worst of all, I didn't even get to respond to it.
I apologize.
It's okay, your new to hosting mafia games so people don't expect you to be prefect at first. You improve as time goes on.

when bmb unveiled the "editor" role in homestuck mafia 2

and yes, i'm still mad about that. given the same choice now, i still would have admitted that i was mafia and quit the game.

Dr. Javelin said:
when bmb unveiled the "editor" role in homestuck mafia 2

and yes, i'm still mad about that. given the same choice now, i still would have admitted that i was mafia and quit the game.

You know, even the role needed to be fixed, it wasn't my fault that someone decided to use it that basically made everyone blow up and cause one of the most misinterpreted shitfests this place has probably ever saw.

And yes, that probably is my worst experience because I had my arms crossed because I could either ruin someone's strategy and intervene or I could just take the wrath until everyone figured out/saw that it was not true. It didn't help that they didn't figure out the clues that something was up or the fact that everyone was easier to blame me rather than trusting me when I said "just play it out".

I think intervening to ruin one player's strategy would have been far superior to ruining the game for everyone.

And the entire concept of that role is still garbage because the host is supposed to be the only constant in the game and a whole bunch of reasons that I really don't care to discuss anymore because that's behind us. I hope.

You didn't seriously expect us to "figure out" that the host was lying to us, right? And we (or at least I) still don't trust you after "playing it out".

Dr. Javelin said:
I think intervening to ruin one player's strategy would have been far superior to ruining the game for everyone.

And the entire concept of that role is still garbage because the host is supposed to be the only constant in the game and a whole bunch of reasons that I really don't care to discuss anymore because that's behind us. I hope.

You didn't seriously expect us to "figure out" that the host was lying to us, right? And we (or at least I) still don't trust you after "playing it out".

The role and execute was definitely my fault because I should have foresaw the potential of the role and how it might mess with the game without people knowing it. I thought the white messages I typed when that happened would help, but I was wrong.

I don't think it ruined the game for everyone. In fact, compared to the rest of the game, it was just a little accident that happened halfway through the game. It was only for not even a full phase out of the 44 phases that game had, and entire thing only went down for 1 day in real time, so it's not like I was dragging this out for a few days or anything like that.

I was really trying to hint that something was up, and I was hoping that you guys saw through it when Smasher and Cirdec were killed and they both had the same roles. But again, execution of the role was my bad.

Just a little accident that led to half the mafia killing themselves/each other, stacking the odds heavily in favor of the innocents.

Yeah, the game was able to carry on like nothing happened after that. Sure.

Dr. Javelin said:
Just a little accident that led to half the mafia killing themselves/each other, stacking the odds heavily in favor of the innocents.

Yeah, the game was able to carry on like nothing happened after that. Sure.

Smasher was the first mafia to die. Nabber exposed Tabuu, and then Tabuu in a rage exposed Nabber for basically exposing him, which lead to those events, and then that was it. You got cop checked and was lynched. Reversinator was finally putting the vig pieces together from Bowser45's death and that is how Neptune got killed. Then MCD got lynched after PoE, and then FE won it for you guys.

1 Mafia player dropping out - who was the one that caused the problem - is not half the mafia members dropping out. The Tabuu event literally had nothing to do with the role, and just dealt with Nabber pestering Tabuu the way he did.

nabber probably only felt so self-confident because he had such an OP role, so i blame that for him bothering tabuu enough to throw the game. although i'm not nabber, so i guess i can't really say what caused him to piss tabuu off so much.

i dropped out because i think games with overpowered roles are stupid, and this wasn't the first time you had bent the rules (such as including the fool role when you said there wouldn't be a fool role).

>blaming me for causing the problem
no, i didn't cause the problem. you caused the problem by creating the role in the first place. i was neither the first nor the last to complain about it, i simply said that we should protest the game for breaking its own rules.

How many times do I have to say, the fool role was an honest mistake because I had meant to say that granny was for sure not going to be in the game instead of the fool. Yeah, I do make mistakes, I spent the entire game saying I was sorry about that. I didn't bend any rules; I simply made a mistake.

I never blamed you for the causing the problem. I already said in the past few messages that I am at blame for the execution and not realizing how chaotic it could have been.

Anna said:
How many times do I have to say, the fool role was an honest mistake because I had meant to say that granny was for sure not going to be in the game instead of the fool. Yeah, I do make mistakes, I spent the entire game saying I was sorry about that. I didn't bend any rules; I simply made a mistake.
it was a mistake that pissed off a lot of people
Anna said:
I never blamed you for the causing the problem. I already said in the past few messages that I am at blame for the execution and not realizing how chaotic it could have been.
oh, okay. i thought you meant me when you said
Anna said:
1 Mafia player dropping out - who was the one that caused the problem

No, I was talking about Nabber when I said the one that caused the problem.

And people make mistakes. That's why the next mafia game you make something better. It's not like you have never made a mistake, and you don't see me jumping on them, do you?

EDIT - I just remembered another one.

Marcelagus friggin cock blocking me every night as soon as I was revived in MW Werewolf Mafia Take IV. Each night, I would have like 5 things against me that were all trying to kill me, and if it wasn't for Rocker, I would have been dead the first time. I literally just spent the rest of the game only being helpful during the day with my vote.

It also didn't help when Rocker told everyone he was protecting me, and then him getting killed another night later and then me the following night. Had he not said anything, we probably would have made it.

I remember getting mad because I got a 3/10 rating in a game where I was the last mafia and there wasn't really much I could do to win anyways.

I should also bring up that the whole process of setting up Jungle Mafia is a good 6-10 hours of my life I'll never get back. I never looked forward to getting knowing I have to write roles for this game but I had becaus. I promised the everyone that this game will happen. So I did managed to complete the setup and start the game however I did not enjoy hosting it one bit because of the poor setup and the poor activity.This actually discouraged me to continue working on this. Jungle Mafia was horrible as a whole and I hope that I never deliver something as bad as this ever again.

Zelda Mafia was my worst experience

for reasons withheld because it's still going.

Back