Metal Slug Series

U freak

Munch, Munch!
Whats your favorite Metal Slug game? Mine personaly would have to be Metal slug 3.

The only one I played is Metal Slug X for the PS2 and that's a really long time ago.

1,2 and x were good.

I'd like 3 if the bosses weren't the biggest bullcrap in existence.

reposting what I wrote elsewhere:

The first Metal Slug is not merely my favourite game in the series, it is my favourite game of all time. I honestly believe it's art; The perfect pacing, the perfectly tuned difficulty, the gorgeous sprites and background, the sly attention to insignifiant details most players will never even notice etc. It is at the very least a masterpiece.

The sequels are still excellent games but I think they lost some focus with the lack of background interaction, annoying transformations that burden the pace and weird vehicles/weapons that are more there for the show than to be actually usable. Oh well, they're still fun.

I actually liked 4 and 5, as clearly flawed as they are, but absolutely hated 6 and 7, while an improvement over that one, suffered from horrible background graphics and boss battles that, while conceptually clever, were clearly not designed with the DS's screen size in mind. Never bothered with XX.

Also, any MS fans should do themselves a service and check out Gunforce 2, if they already haven't:

Unfortunately I've never owned any Metal Slug games, I used to play them with my uncle whenever we went to an arcade or something, always did like the in-game sprites.

I've seen sprite sheets for these games and my god they were beautiful. Not only where they well-detailed, but they also had a bunch of frames, which means that they animated quite smoothly and well. I always loved the sprites in those games.

I played a few of the Metal Slug games at an arcade, and I've been meaning to get the Metal Slug Anthology.

And this boss always gave me trouble for some reason.

20fCDtQ.png

6 and 7 don't have that.... touch I guess. The backgrounds are pre-rendered and not hand drawn. Metal slug is probably my favorite non-nintendo series. You guys do know that you can buy all seven of them on one disk right? Metal Slug Anthology for Wii/Ps2/PC.

U freak said:
You guys do know that you can buy all seven of them on one disk right? Metal Slug Anthology for Wii/Ps2/PC.
That has Metal Slug 1-6 and X; 7 is not included.

Your forgetting Metal slug X my friend, count them on your fingers. 1,2,X,3,4,5,6, I beleive thats all seven of the arcade hits. Metal slug 7 is for DS and not included in the anthology.

Beat said:
I played a few of the Metal Slug games at an arcade, and I've been meaning to get the Metal Slug Anthology.

And this boss always gave me trouble for some reason.

20fCDtQ.png

I know a glich for that boss where if you jump just as he appears on screen, he will freeze up and not move at all. All you got to do is shoot him till he's dead.

Just downloaded Metal slug 3 for the wii virtual console. This by far is the best version of Metal slug 3 I have ever played on a console, you guys should check it out, only 900 wii points.

I think I've spent about that much on that machine, maybe more.

Once Metal slug anthology came out, I looked back and realized that I will never get all that money I spent on that machine.

Back