Newcomers

Which of these Mario character would you want to be playable in the new SSB. game?

• Bowser Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toad

• Waluigi

• Daisy

• Birdo

• Rosalina

• Paper Mario

• Baby Mario and Baby Luigi (paired together)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PrincessOfPeaches

Oh, did I win?
Personally I would like to see Bowser Jr. playable, because first of all I think hes pretty cute and secondly because I think he could have some really interesting moves and abillities.

I even have some ideas for his moveset.

Special: He could spit a round little fireball (like those he spits at you in NSMBW)

Up special: I'm not sure if this would work, but maybe he could jump into his Koopa
Clown Car and fly around for a bit (like Snake and R.O.B does SSBB).

Down special: He could transform into Shadow Mario (similar to how Zelda transforms to Sheik). Im not sure what kinds of moves Shadow Mario would have, but I'm sure it could work.

Side special: He could spin around with his paintbrush or something (dont really know, but I think it should invole his magic paintbrush).

Bowser Jr. is the only one there that I want to see.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Toad is already incorporated with Peach (one of her special attacks), so the only one I would like to see is Bowser Jr., really.
I'm pretty sure that they will change Peach's special attack if Toad becomes playable.

Chiaki Nanami said:
How iconic to the Nintendo franchises is Toad, then? If he really is that iconic, why hasn't he been in a game before?

wario's woods

But yeah I want Bowser Jr. and Waluigi.

I think only the first three has a decent chance. Bowser Jr. maybe slightly over Toad. And Toad a bit more then Waluigi. I wouldn't mind seeing Waluigi represent the Mario sports series. He'd also be a pretty hilarious fighter I think.

But I think if only one of these is getting in, it's either Bowser Jr. or Toad.

Bowser Jr. could have a heap of attacks, so introducing him would be pretty promising.

I'd like to see Rosalina, but I know it's impossible. Toad just doesn't fit in my opinion. Bowser Jr. deserves it because he's become a main character in the series, like his father. He could also have a cool moveset. I think Daisy and Waluigi also deserve a spot, since they're stars in most spin-offs. Of course, only one of them would have to appear. It's either Bowser Jr, or Daisy, or Waluigi, but not two or three of them.

And I insist I'd like to see Paper Mario. He could be really good.

Voted Baby Mario and Baby Luigi paired together \(^_^)/

First, even though it's Marioboards, the subject name should be more clear.

I personally say there should be fewer Mariovers characters. Or the staff can swap some of the old ones for new ones.

And rather than spinoffs, Smash bros should choose notable major representive for the first time. Rosalina, Toadette and BowserJr. who appeared after GC era are obviously out. In the bunch I guess one of Toad, Daisy and Birdo is possible.

Baby bros is a cute option. However, they're still minor unless they'll have a major appearance in the upcoming Yoshi game.

Chiaki Nanami said:
How iconic to the Nintendo franchises is Toad, then? If he really is that iconic, why hasn't he been in a game before?
Toad is classic partialy as an NPC.

Dorayaki said:
First, even though it's Marioboards, the subject name should be more clear.

I personally say there should be fewer Mariovers characters. Or the staff can swap some of the old ones for new ones.

And rather than spinoffs, Smash bros should choose notable major representive for the first time. Rosalina, Toadette and BowserJr. who appeared after GC era are obviously out. In the bunch I guess one of Toad, Daisy and Birdo is possible.
Aren't Daisy and Birdo spinoff characters. They haven't been in a non-spinoff game for a LONG time and a majority of their appearances are from spin-off games.

Pandapowah said:
Aren't Daisy and Birdo spinoff characters. They haven't been in a non-spinoff game for a LONG time and a majority of their appearances are from spin-off games.
We're saying the whole Mario brand. I don't think we seperate them into main and spinoff series to consider it, in either case about Smash bros or the inclusion of characters in Mario main games.

If using your words, we can even get a spinoff representive additionally.

Mikan Tsumiki said:
Dorayaki said:
*minor characters must get in stuff*
? Didn't I say major characters should get in first?

I don't get why people say that Daisy and Waluigi can't appear due to being spin-off characters. Spin-off games are still part of Nintendo and those games make them automatic Nintendo stars, and that's the main requirement characters have to meet to be playable in the Smash Bros. series. Daisy and Waluigi are in no way minor characters in spin-offs.

They are prominent in Mario Kart, Mario Sports, and Mario Party, so they should be representatives of one of those series.

Anser said:
I don't get why people say that Daisy and Waluigi can't appear due to being spin-off characters. Spin-off games are still part of Nintendo and those games make them automatic Nintendo stars, and that's the main requirement characters have to meet to be playable in the Smash Bros. series. Daisy and Waluigi are in no way minor characters in spin-offs.
Actually people don't want Daisy in because she would pretty much play like Peach

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
They are prominent in Mario Kart, Mario Sports, and Mario Party, so they should be representatives of one of those series.

Yes, and those series are part of the Mario series, so they should get the Mushroom icon as well.

supermariofan said:
Actually people don't want Daisy in because she would pretty much play like Peach

That depends. For example, Daisy has never been given the ability of floating like Peach, who got the ability in Super Mario Bros. 2. Daisy was never seen pulling turnips out of the ground either. I know this is a silly excuse since most clones have never shown having the abilities they have in the Smash Bros. series, but here's to hoping that whoever is making the game makes a wise decision in not making any more clones. If Daisy were to be the new representative of the Mario universe, I hope they give her a unique, brand-new moveset.

Back