Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
Since Infinity War is the next movie, and I've seen everything else, I thought I'd give my updated list of my favourite to least favourite films

• Thor: Ragnorok
  • Spiderman: Homecoming
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Doctor Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 2
  • Ant-Man
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Iron Man 3
  • Avengers
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Thor
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • The Incredible Hulk

inb4 ">putting ____ before ____", i don't care, it's my order, yes i liked the sequel iron man films to the avengers, whoopdeedoo who gives a flying ding dong post yours cause i'm more interested in which movies you guys liked instead of some guy chastising me for liking iron man 2 more than guardians and avengers

So I thought it would be a good idea to rewatch (or in about all of Phase One's case, watch for the first time) every movie in the MCU leading up to Infinity War, where I do about 1-2 films for every day I don't have school until the big day. So far I'm making decent progress and I figured I could give mini-reviews for everything I've covered so far

Iron Man: One hell of a great start to the franchise. This felt more like a character study than an action film, helped by the fact that Stark had an engrossing character development arc, and because of that this is felt more grounded than other MCU films after this. Definitely my highlight so far

The Incredible Hulk: This is where it starts to go downhill a bit. Edward Norton's performance as Bruce Banner was fascinating, and it was interesting to have his origin story done with by the start of the movie, but that's probably it. The movie spends a bit too much time on the romance with Betty Ross, who's about as interesting as paint drying on a block of wood, and Abomination was a rather one-note villain, which I'm going to be saying a lot from now on. Overall, major disappointment coming in from the previous entry

Iron Man 2: this was an iron man film right, not just an avengers advertisement

To be honest I thought that all of the hyping for the big crossover went a bit overboard here. While I never felt it overrode the main story, the ending was more focused on building that up instead of actually resolving the arcs of each of the characters. Also the climax didn't really have any stakes in it since, well, Iron Man and War Machine could destroy all of the drones with ease, and while Whiplash's actor gave a decent performance, he was still pretty generic for a villain and his fight was just a rehash of the climax of the first Iron Man movie so...yeah. the only things that saved this for me were that I did enjoy Tony Stark's personal arc that called back to his alcohol addiction from the comics, and the few action scenes that happened were fun, but basically I have really mixed on this one

Captain America: The First Avenger: maybe it's because I'm a sucker for early 20th century America settings but I really enjoyed this one. IMO Captain America's one of the most likable characters in the franchise and the perfect underdog to root for in the first part of the film. And while Red Skull wasn't exactly deep, his actor still hammed it up for the whole film and he has a cool design to boot, making him one of the more entertaining MCU villains in my book

Magikrazy said:
not to be that guy, but you skipped thor
I didn't have too much time this weekend and if I had to pick what to watch first between thor and captain america, it would be the latter because it seemed more interesting

im doing the same thing i guess

i got up to iron man 3 i also bought the first season of agents of shield but i wont bother to also watch all of that probably, only every once in a while i guess

^Definitely watch Agents of Shield. The beginning is a little rocky but halfway through the first season it gets really good and all the subsequent seasons are amazing.

I'm doing a rewatch too with all my college buddies. We're only through Iron Man 2 and we're picking up with Thor when we get back from Spring Break. We're gonna cram the 15 remaining films into a month. It's gonna be crazy.

Weasel said:
this movie is going to end with the snap

there is no other way
Oh most certainly.

Wouldn't it be amazing if that happened, and in the next episode of Agents of Shield, half the cast just disappeared.

my friend's comment on this trailer was that killing half of humanity seems like a rather tame goal for a villain and i gotta agree, after all these people wanting to murder ALL of humanity it's nice to settle down with a more lowstakes avengers movie

Weasel said:
*TRAILER*

bruh
9DiqBUx.gif

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

anime-scream-gif-7.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

anime-screaming-gif-13.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Here's a question for y'all

Which Avengers do you think are gonna die and which ones survive?

Spoiler for spoilers cause we don't want shit ending up spoiled if they're correct, do we?

My first bet's on either Cap or Stark, and whichever one dies, the other must live

I'm leaning towards Cap dying, as we see an older Stark in the Avengers 4 pictures

I reckon Vision's gotta die, having the Mind Stone ripped out of his head has at least gotta weaken him to a breaking point

Thor's a bit of a 50/50 imo, on one hand he's more or less served his purpose to the series, but on the other there's no doubt he'd be a pretty sick survivor, as the king of Asgard's people (if Asgard's people still exists of course)

Also an addendum to that guess - if Korg dies we riot

Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Black Panther and Starlord are pretty much confirmed to survive until at least phase 4, I could include Black Widow but her future film could very well be set in the past, sorta like Captain Marvel

I don't know how on EARTH Hulk is gonna be killed off, since he's pretty much invincible, so I'm guessing he'll survive until at least next movie, 'course Mr "Snap my fingers and kill everyone" might have something to say about that so I dunno

I'm confident that Nebula will die, based on what we see from the trailers and the fact that she has a blind vendetta to kill Thanos, no doubt she'll get in waaaaaay over her head and get killed by Thanos early on

Hawk-eye - I don't know whether they're saving his larger role until next movie, but I think he'll get killed off early on, which is why we don't see much from him in the trailers

There's something in the back of my mind telling me that Drax is gonna kick it, I really hope not, but it looks like it could happen, for reasons similar to Nebula's

Rocket and Groot will survive, I'm confident about that, they wouldn't kill off Rocket because of the comedies, and Groot's already died once so killing him off again is kinda like shitting into the wind at this rate

Mantis won't die, they've introduced her too late to kill her off now

Gamora, I don't think she'll die, she's one of Thanos' children but she's got the common sense to stay out of his way, then again it could be a good send off for her

Collector's dead, he's got the Reality Stone, those sneak previews are suggesting he's gonna die before he gives up the stone

Loki will likely side with Thanos for the beginning part, but will put himself before Thor to save Thanos' life, so I think Loki's going to die

Falcon I reckon will survive, and will be around after Cap's eventual death to take up the mantle (since Bucky's taking up the White Wolf mantle)

With that, Bucky will most likely survive too, however I think there's a chance he could die saving Cap's life or vice versa, it's about 60/40 on Bucky surviving

Rhodey's looking a little worse for wear, I'm worried about him, and I think he might die in battle, relates back to his Civil War quote "Every single one of those flights could've been my last, but I flew 'em."

No doubt Shuri will survive, for Okoye I'm not too certain, seems like she would also die for her country, it could be a fitting death for her character

I honestly think that Heimdall has/is the Soul Stone, his character has been around for that long, and I think he's going to die

Wong I don't know, it seems like he has a small enough role that his character could die, but then again he could give so much more to the franchise, so 50/50 on his end

Everyone else is a 50/50 as well imo, but only because I don't know enough about there roles in the story to make a judgement just yet

Nabber said:
my friend's comment on this trailer was that killing half of humanity seems like a rather tame goal for a villain and i gotta agree, after all these people wanting to murder ALL of humanity it's nice to settle down with a more lowstakes avengers movie
In the comics he wipes half of all life in the universe, not just humanity.

Back