Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
ive been too lazy to post here but I talked to my friend who saw civil war, here are her general thoughts

she seemed to enjoy it, but has really mixed feelings. says she didn't like the ending

GalacticPetey said:
Hinoka said:
GalacticPetey said:
Maybe to avoid the trope of a wise old Asian master.

Trailer looks really cool and trippy.

man i hope not, old asian masters are cool.

on another note, finished daredevil s2, think i liked it better than s1.
Spoilers just in case.
I'm torn. I thought the Punisher stuff exceeded Season 1, while Elektra and the Hand fell a little short. Still good, but Frank Castle stole every scene he was in. Those first four episodes were great.

"You ever been tired Red?"

The rest of the side characters sort of pale in comparison to the Punisher, but I liked Elektra. They probably could've done more with Nobu though since he's basically just... evil guy #1.

The costumes looked good, but I kinda wish they'd give Elektra her bandana (although I could also see it looking pretty crappy)

GalacticPetey said:
Punisher (not 100% confirmed).
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/29/punisher-marvel-netflix

is now 100% confirmed

damn i'm so behind on just about everything D:

i forgot where i even am in terms of AoS

OK, this is awesome. Captain America: Civil War currently has a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes and an 8.7 on IMDb.

i saw civil war last night
i cried twice
what a film

general thoughts
-probably my favourite marvel movie now
-they did a really good job of balancing the feels in this film; some parts are really dark and some parts were straight-up goof
-the new heroes were great

-finally we see wakanda
-spiderman was really cool and now im actually looking forward to his movie
-im looking forward to seeing where they go from here, most of the avengers are fugitives now and iirc tony has like 4 (?) people left with him at the base

pros
-during the briefing scene at the start i liked how tony was in the background of basically all the shots
-the peggy scene
-i liked the howard and maria storyline. it wasnt really a big twist because once i saw 1991 at the start i was like "Oh hey theyre gonna be in it" but my sister said she was really surprised
-i didnt really think zemo was that great a villain right up until the end, but his scene with panther was amazing, so much feels
-wandas character is really interesting. it was kind of a shame pietro was only mentioned in a brief reference but i like how she seemed to be the catalyst in them starting the accords. looking at her in the airport scene she does actually look like shes really fucking strong
-bucky
-the scene with tony and peter oh my god it was so amazing

cons
-it was a very long film, but the film is good enough that you dont really notice. i only noticed it at one point towards the very end so its not really a problem
-not really sure why steve forgave tony the second he arrived at the bunker. i'm assuming there was a lot of off-screen discussion between the two
-again, up until the end zemo seemed kind of...pointless? i just didnt really understand his motives - why did he destroy all the other winter soldiers, how was this getting back at the avengers for his son? but yeah, his last two scenes were great.

hail hydra​

The one, unique and only perk of living in Venezuela is that for some reason, Civil War premiered here one full week before the US.

I loved the movie. It's undoubtedly Marvel's best movie so far. I love how much protagonism each character has, especially Wanda, who is my favorite of them all (I'm a sucker for telekinetic powers). They really give away this feeling of "this girl really can kick everyone's ass, she just doesn't know how to, yet).

Awesome movie. Totally recommended.

Going to go see Civil War later today! Really, really flippin' hyped. As someone whose favorite Marvel movie is GotG, I'm really curious to see how this stands up to it.

Also cannot wait to see Spider-Man's debut. I am SO ready.

Civil War was really good. All the returning Avengers were great and had a lot of cool scenes. Both Cap and Tony had legitimate reasons to be at odds and made for a great conflicting story. I must say though, after getting to know Howard in Agent Carter, it's a bit hard to watch him get beaten to death. RDJ displayed some great acting when he got angry at Bucky. Falcon and Bucky's chemistry was great, especially in the car scenes and airport fight. The new characters, Spidey and Panther, were both phenomenal. Spidey was hilarious and Panther was really badass. That post credits sting when it panned out to show the panther statue- so badass.

And Zemo. I put him up there with Loki, Fisk, Kilgrave, and Grant Ward as one of the best Marvel villains. He didn't have any powers, but he was a master manipulator and actually succeeded with his plan. He tore the Avengers apart. That's more than Ultron ever accomplished.

Great film.

don't...click.......spoilers...just....wait...a few.....more days

Just back from seeing Civil War. Holy shit.

This was a really perfect movie, in my opinion. I've truthfully and unfortunately never seen a Captain America movie before in full, so I came in not knowing much of the Hydra lore and whatever, but like halfway in everything made sense so I was fine in that regard.

That being said, this was my first time ever seeing Falcon and man I really, really loved him. I also really liked Bucky, and I thought the chemistry between the two was really good (especially in the Steve/Sharon Carter scene, that was great). This was also my first time actually seeing Ant-Man and man oh man Paul Rudd is so great. I loved the introduction scene with him before the big battle.

Along with those characters, oh my god I absolutely love Spider-Man and Black Panther. I am immediately enticed to want to see their movies upon release. This was the best incarnation of Spider-Man in film, somehow captured in like 40 minutes of airtime. And Black Panther was really badass and mysterious kinda.

The story and stuff was fantastic. The conflict between Stark and Rogers was really well-done because both sides had reasonable objectives for what they wanted to do. The big battle scene between both sides was RIDICULOUS and bone-chilling in every way possible. Spider-Man's dialogue was fantastic and jesus christ Scarlet Witch is ridiculous. Also, GIANT-MAN AAAAAAHHHHHHHH. The battle between Iron Man and Captain America at the end of the movie was so gut-wrenching, and I legitimately was shocked about brainwashed Bucky being the one that killed Stark's parents.

I actually really enjoyed Zemo and thought he was a fantastic villain. He succeeded in what he set out to do and it's kind of strange in a way in that what he wanted to do was sort of justifiable. The end scene with Zemo and Black Panther was really emotional and I appreciated so much what Black Panther did in that scene.

Nice to see Hawkeye back, too. And how could I forget Vision? I'm so ridiculously shipping Wanda and Vision now. Also I was legitimately petrified that Rhodes had died after that fall. So happy that wasn't the case. And Black Widow kicks ass, naturally.

ALSO, TONY STANK. OMG I DIED

Kirstie Maldonado said:
Just back from seeing Civil War. Holy *bleep*.

This was a really perfect movie, in my opinion. I've truthfully and unfortunately never seen a Captain America movie before in full, so I came in not knowing much of the Hydra lore and whatever, but like halfway in everything made sense so I was fine in that regard.

That being said, this was my first time ever seeing Falcon and man I really, really loved him. I also really liked Bucky, and I thought the chemistry between the two was really good (especially in the Steve/Sharon Carter scene, that was great). This was also my first time actually seeing Ant-Man and man oh man Paul Rudd is so great. I loved the introduction scene with him before the big battle.

Along with those characters, oh my god I absolutely love Spider-Man and Black Panther. I am immediately enticed to want to see their movies upon release. This was the best incarnation of Spider-Man in film, somehow captured in like 40 minutes of airtime. And Black Panther was really badass and mysterious kinda.

The story and stuff was fantastic. The conflict between Stark and Rogers was really well-done because both sides had reasonable objectives for what they wanted to do. The big battle scene between both sides was RIDICULOUS and bone-chilling in every way possible. Spider-Man's dialogue was fantastic and jesus christ Scarlet Witch is ridiculous. Also, GIANT-MAN AAAAAAHHHHHHHH. The battle between Iron Man and Captain America at the end of the movie was so gut-wrenching, and I legitimately was shocked about brainwashed Bucky being the one that killed Stark's parents.

I actually really enjoyed Zemo and thought he was a fantastic villain. He succeeded in what he set out to do and it's kind of strange in a way in that what he wanted to do was sort of justifiable. The end scene with Zemo and Black Panther was really emotional and I appreciated so much what Black Panther did in that scene.

Nice to see Hawkeye back, too. And how could I forget Vision? I'm so ridiculously shipping Wanda and Vision now. Also I was legitimately petrified that Rhodes had died after that fall. So happy that wasn't the case. And Black Widow kicks ass, naturally.

ALSO, TONY STANK. OMG I DIED
vision actually married scarlet witch in the comics. just food for thought ;)

my friend was telling me something about imaginary magic robot babies or something and i got very confused

So I did end up seeing this today.

Best Marvel movie so far. Honestly, it was gripping, especially the airport fight scene. The whole idea of them being so fractured and finally going to war with each other just had me shaking and getting worried.

The build-up wasn't random and weird, you could actually see where everything was going wrong, from the beginning to the very end.

Romanoff's face-heel-turn at the end actually took me by surprise, but then again, thinking about it, she was probably the most on-the-fence than anybody in the team.

I do feel as if both Spiderman and Ant-Man were more just roped in and following orders of their respective superiors than actually believing in what their team believes in, but heck, if that doesn't show the danger of power over belief, I don't know what does.

It's depressing to think that Tony and Steve are no longer friends. I thought after seeing in the trailer the scene with "He's my friend" and "So was I", that after the big fight they would have a scene where their friendship is cemented again, but that doesn't really happen, only a letter and a few words within that. If their friendship was supposed to be mended after this scene, it sure as hell doesn't feel that way.

Martin Freeman's character was a dick. Plain and simple, even to the villains. Somehow he's managed to change his generic personality in his films from being the sweet, bubbly and cheerful best friend to being a plain out dick, and that's really amazing for Freeman, so I'm glad to have seen that.

Does anybody else feel as if Vision has a sort of sinister "Kathy Bates from Misery" type vibe whenever he's with Wanda? It's kinda terrifying in a way, so much so that I began to fear him just a little bit. He felt more villainous in this movie than a hero on the wrong side tbh.

Was not expecting Rumlow to die that early on in the film. Seems like he had a lot of potential for future films, but w/e

The scene in the prison cell where Barton is full-on laying into Stark, followed by Scott's comment afterwords, just shows how split the team becomes at this point. In the previous movies I could see how much respect Barton had for a guy like Stark, whereas in this scene, I could see just how much he pure out hates him. It's really quite depressing in the end.

Let's talk about how inappropriate it was to send Cap a TEXT that Peggy had died. You ALWAYS call people, never just text them. Fuck you, random number person.

Scarlet Witch. Oh, Scarlet Witch, how I love you. She's been through so much throughout the course of this movie. Accidentally killing those civilians, having to be basically imprisoned by Vision and then subsequently go up against him after she's formed this relationship with him, then getting arrested and locked in that cell with her hands cuffed around her body...I just wanted to give her a big hug, and tell her that everything is gonna be ok. One of the better characters of the film, imo.

Bucky, you poor chap, it must suck to have those literal trigger words that send you off into a rampage. And most of the film was based around trying to hunt him down? Poor chap. I sort of glazed over the fact that Bucky killed Stark's parents in the Winter Soldier, as it's sort of implied that it was just Hydra's doing. Now it's cemented, and you gotta feel for both Stark and Bucky.

I was concerned near the end of the film that either Cap or Stark were gonna die. Thank god nobody that important died.

Black Panther was BAD. ASS. Seriously, that introduction chase scene was top notch. You really got an emphasis of his power here. Looking forward to expanding on his character soon.

RIP Rhodes' mobility. Hopefully he'll get that back in later installments.

Thunderbolt Ross is back to fuck more shit up I see. Didn't really expect him to have a larger role, but hey, I'm not complaining, William Hurt is a badass actor, so the more the better.

It's good to see a Spiderman that is actually young, talented, and funny. I wasn't honestly expecting Tom Holland to do that good of a role, but he was really good.

Aunt May was distractedly hot. May has gone from being this venerable woman in the first three Spidey films, and slowly getting younger and hotter as we got around to the newer reboots. Sorta bothered me that she wasn't Aunt May anymore but more "Milf May". w/e, she was hot, let's just keep at that.

So Zemo wasn't anything like he was in the comics, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. He was much more likable in the long run, yet still retaining that level of "dick" to hate.

Final thoughts: Definitely at the top of the marvel movies for me. I'm not sure how they're gonna top this in the long run. I'm also hoping that we won't be too disconnected from the Avengers in this phase, I want to know what's gonna happen to the team after this. I guess the next stop is Infinity War. Looking forward to that.

holy shit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

They got Spider-Man right, like, omg. Glad they skipped over the whole origin story we've seen twice now. Not too keen on Aunt May being hot, but w/e.

Black Panther was pretty much everything I wanted. Only complaint was that there wasn't enough of him. But hey, solo movie in the future.

"He's my friend. "So was I." I lost it.

Zemo was pretty good but I kinda hated how nothing really made him stand out, visually.

Scarlet Witch completely overpowering Vision was rad af.

In fact, just about everything in this movie had this "holy shit" factor to it.

best mahvel movie

okay i'm going back on vacation now

Threek said:
They lied in the trailers, too. The trailer version of that line was more sad and disappointed from RDJ, and the movie version was teeth-gritting pissed off.

There were a couple minor points earlier in the movie where they had changed trailer lines too. Helped me not know what was coming.

Javelin said:
Threek said:
They lied in the trailers, too. The trailer version of that line was more sad and disappointed from RDJ, and the movie version was teeth-gritting pissed off.

There were a couple minor points earlier in the movie where they had changed trailer lines too. Helped me not know what was coming.
yeah, worked well for spidey imo

i was like "oh god he's not really gonna be coming in with 'hey everyone', is he"

it turned out to be a minor comical element in his completely hilarious opening

Back