Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
Its still Marvel plus it has Wolverine so there likely gonna eventually have a crossover with Cap, Iron Man, or Hulk. Its unavoidable.

ernesth100 said:
Its still Marvel plus it has Wolverine so there likely gonna eventually have a crossover with Cap, Iron Man, or Hulk. Its unavoidable.
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

People need to come to their senses. Fox owns the X-Men and Fantastic Four and are making a lot of profit with them. They don't want to give those rights back to Marvel, who make all the Avengers related movies. Besides, X-Men works best as a separate entity.

Spider-Man is owned by Sony. They are making profit with that character and don't want to give those rights up.

So basically, Spider-Man and the X-Men are never going to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Uinverse.

gp makes a good point here, it wont crossover, even though spider-man and wovlerine are part of the avengers later on.

So yeah gonna have to deal with that.

Like I said, X-Men works best as it's own franchise.

I would love to have Spider-Man in the Avengers, but it just ain't gonna happen. Besides, unless they go the whole Civil War route, they don't really need Spider-Man.

GalacticPetey said:
Like I said, X-Men works best as it's own franchise.

I would love to have Spider-Man in the Avengers, but it just ain't gonna happen. Besides, unless they go the whole Civil War route, they don't really need Spider-Man.

or they could do x-men vs the avengers.

Seeing how its a rather big twist to marvels comic world.

if memory serves scarlet witch was apart of the brotherhood and then afterwards in the avengers.

So not sure about that either.

I'm honestly worried that they're milking the Marvel brand for all that it's worth right now. I mean, if they keep up this constant barrage of movies, TV and merchandise, surely people are going to get sick of it, right?

The problem with the post-Avengers stuff right now is that it's at its peak popularity, and Disney has decided to throw the Marvel brand at everything, hoping to get money out of it. I mean, come on, Marvel movies, Marvel TV shows, Marvel Lego, Marvel Netflix shows, Marvel toys and merchandise...

ernesth100 said:
Uzu Sanageyama said:
You guys saw how silly Quicksilver looks in DoFP, right
Give'em a chance the design means nothing if the plot is good enough.

I'm not saying the movie will flop just because a character's costume design looks bad.

Granted, I can't say I would be surprised if the movie itself is under-average.

Purple Yoshi said:
I'm honestly worried that they're milking the Marvel brand for all that it's worth right now. I mean, if they keep up this constant barrage of movies, TV and merchandise, surely people are going to get sick of it, right?

The problem with the post-Avengers stuff right now is that it's at its peak popularity, and Disney has decided to throw the Marvel brand at everything, hoping to get money out of it. I mean, come on, Marvel movies, Marvel TV shows, Marvel Lego, Marvel Netflix shows, Marvel toys and merchandise...
Well, every Marvel movie has been solid so far. Though I really think it should end with Avengers 3. Make it about Thanos and bring in every hero introduced in this cinematic universe, have Thanos kill half of them, and finally kill Thanos and end the string of movies there. However, Marvel will probably be going past Phase 3. They plan on going the James Bond route and cast new actors as the same characters as the old actors get old or quit.

GalacticPetey said:
Purple Yoshi said:

Well, every Marvel movie has been solid so far. Though I really think it should end with Avengers 3. Make it about Thanos and bring in every hero introduced in this cinematic universe, have Thanos kill half of them, and finally kill Thanos and end the string of movies there. However, Marvel will probably be going past Phase 3. They plan on going the James Bond route and cast new actors as the same characters as the old actors get old or quit.
I hope the movies continue forever, but if I had to pick where to stop I'd say Phase 5.

GalacticPetey said:
ernesth100 said:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

People need to come to their senses. Fox owns the X-Men and Fantastic Four and are making a lot of profit with them. They don't want to give those rights back to Marvel, who make all the Avengers related movies. Besides, X-Men works best as a separate entity.

Spider-Man is owned by Sony. They are making profit with that character and don't want to give those rights up.

So basically, Spider-Man and the X-Men are never going to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Uinverse.
so what you're saying is that there's no chance that those three companies will go ahead and say "hey, let's do a movie together, and we'll all get stinking rich off it"?

War Doctor said:
GalacticPetey said:
ernesth100 said:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

so what you're saying is that there's no chance that those three companies will go ahead and say "hey, let's do a movie together, and we'll all get stinking rich off it"?
Yes. The companies are not going to want to split that money evenly. Does Sony deserve the same amount of profit as Fox and Marvel? After all, they only contribute one character. Companies are also very protective of how their characters are represented. Fox may say, "Oh, we don't like the way Wolverine is portrayed in this scene, he should be able to do *insert example here* and he should be the one who kills the villain."

Basically, three major companies working on one movie would be very hard to do and no one would be happy. It's not like they would make three times the money either, just because they are combining three franchises. Most people who see Avegners go see X-Men, so it's not like suddenly a bunch more people are going to see this particular movie.

GalacticPetey said:
War Doctor said:
GalacticPetey said:
ernesth100 said:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Yes. The companies are not going to want to split that money evenly. Does Sony deserve the same amount of profit as Fox and Marvel? After all, they only contribute one character. Companies are also very protective of how their characters are represented. Fox may say, "Oh, we don't like the way Wolverine is portrayed in this scene, he should be able to do *insert example here* and he should be the one who kills the villain."

Basically, three major companies working on one movie would be very hard to do and no one would be happy. It's not like they would make three times the money either, just because they are combining three franchises. Most people who see Avegners go see X-Men, so it's not like suddenly a bunch more people are going to see this particular movie.
Maybe somebody smarter will buy the rights to use them in all his movies. Heck, whoever's making these movies should have some common sense to say to whoever's making the other movies that they want to get them all together in the same movie.

War Doctor said:
GalacticPetey said:
War Doctor said:
GalacticPetey said:
ernesth100 said:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Maybe somebody smarter will buy the rights to use them in all his movies. Heck, whoever's making these movies should have some common sense to say to whoever's making the other movies that they want to get them all together in the same movie.
I hope Disney takes the rights to X-Men and Spiderman. Sony doesnt deserve Spiderman.

War Doctor said:
GalacticPetey said:
War Doctor said:
GalacticPetey said:
ernesth100 said:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Nobody's going to sell their rights to these characters. They make a shit ton of money. Hell, buying the rights would be ridiculously expensive.

Not to mention, of you made a movie will The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man. How would you ensure all those characters get screen time and development?

GalacticPetey said:
Purple Yoshi said:

*Iron Man 2*

GalacticPetey said:
Okay. It wasn't as good, but it wasn't horrible.
Well I agree on that. How was Thor: The Dark World? I haven't seen it yet. I'm guessing that it was really good. It looks like it is.

IMO it was better than the 1st Thor, Loki was just so fuckin awesome

it's definitely worth a watch

Back