Marvel Cinematic Universe

Whose side are you on?

• Total voters
JOSH BROLIN HAS THE INFINITY GAUNTLET.

Km6v4x3.jpg

God help us all.

Here's the description of the Age of Ultron teaser.
http://www.mtv.com/news/1880355/avengers-age-of-ultron-footage-brings-down-the-hall-at-comic-con/

i love how the blue streak coming from quicksilver stretches throughout the poster

(hawkeye still looks kinda silly though)

edit:

tumblr_n9dc86gzaJ1qdfs7xo5_250.gif

For those of you who don't know here is what happens throughout that: The footage that screened was pretty great in that Marvel way, but also interesting tonally in that started out light and fun and got darker as the reel went on. It opened with the Avengers (and War Machine himself, Rhodey) all hanging out in Stark Tower, dressed up and enjoying a few drinks. We’d heard reports of this scene previously, but seeing it in action was something else entirely. The ease and fun of this group, which has clearly become a tightknit family since the first film, is obvious. But that doesn’t mean that they’re not going to give each other a hard time, as each one takes a turn at trying to pick up Thor’s hammer. Tony Stark and Rhodey use their gauntlets to no avail, Bruce Banner practically hulks out but has no luck, but Cap… well, did the hammer just move a tad when he pulled on it? The look on Thor’s face for a moment says yes! But the fun is disrupted by a very creepy moment as a broken-up robot suddenly enters the scene. Barely able to stand, almost hanging in mid-air like a marionette, it tells the team that they are all killers. We see that it is one of Stark’s Iron Legion… but one clearly gone wrong. All of a sudden more ’bots crash into the tower and attack. From there we get quick glimpses of action from the film. Cap in uniform is bursting through the doors of some kind of compound… possibly Baron Von Strucker’s headquarters, where we saw Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch imprisoned at the end of The Winter Soldier? And we see those two in action too briefly, with Quicksilver running at superspeed and leaving a bluish trail in his wake while the Witch did that wavy-handed thing she does so well. Iron Man’s Hulkbuster armor faced off against the Hulk, as we’ve seen in concept art already, though why the two are fighting isn’t clear. We do see Banner huddling in a blanket at one point and apparently having some kind of inner turmoil… and we also get a quick shot of Black Widow lifting her hand up to the Hulk’s, which seems to imply that only she can sooth the savage beast. Which actually ties in nicely to the first film. We also hear a reference in Ultron’s voiceover to a “vision,” though we didn’t actually see the character in action. And we got a glimpse of Andy Serkis himself… as a human character and not in a performance- capture role. It all culminates in an apocalyptic moment with a stricken Stark finding Captain America’s shield… which is broken! And as the camera pulls back, we see an array of bodies -- Cap’s, Thor’s, the Avengers'? Is it a dream or something more? Whatever it is, it seems clear that the film is going taking the characters to a darker place. The last thing we see is Ultron in a new, shinier body. It’s on! (This is courtesy of IGN)

No. Fox and Marvel both own the rights to Quicksilver. It's a different Quicksilver and the films have no connection whatsoever.

supermariofan said:
Mariofan169 said:
That would be Quicksilver.
We're getting X-Men in The Avengers?!

no, quicksilver's always been an avenger.

fox just gets to use him because his dad's magneto, so he's technically a mutant.

the mcu and the fox-verse aren't crossing over, they are just using two different versions of the same character.

I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy.

It

Is

Awesome.

Just got back from seeing the Interstellar trailer in theaters. Oh yeah, and they also played Guardians of the Galaxy after it, which is a nice bonus.
Overall it was pretty good. Not going to say it was too much CGI, but it was walking the line. I mean, at times I couldn't tell if I was watching a movie or a really long video game cutscene (especially the scenes with Nebula. She looked like something from Mass Effect.) It was pretty funny, which is good. I laughed a lot. Two things that were really good were the color palette (so vibrant) and the soundtrack.

baby groot is so cute.

anyway, i wished they had focused more on Star-Lord's moral backstory instead of just trying to tie in his mother's death at the end. It's nice to have some feeling in the movie, you know. Also, the plot wasn't too great (MacGuffins suck, and Ronan was just okay as a villain. Still better than whoever was in Thor 2, but come on, only one scene with Thanos? What was even the purpose of putting him in the movie besides building up whatever movie they're going to put him in?

No-Face said:
Just got back from seeing the Interstellar trailer in theaters. Oh yeah, and they also played Guardians of the Galaxy after it, which is a nice bonus.
Overall it was pretty good. Not going to say it was too much CGI, but it was walking the line. I mean, at times I couldn't tell if I was watching a movie or a really long video game cutscene (especially the scenes with Nebula. She looked like something from Mass Effect.) It was pretty funny, which is good. I laughed a lot. Two things that were really good were the color palette (so vibrant) and the soundtrack.

Nebula was actually make-up for the most part.

Tsumugi Kotobuki said:
No-Face said:

Nebula was actually make-up for the most part.
yeah, but with the lighting and polish and everything she felt very fake

you know what was the saddest thing about this movie
rocket's speech when he was drunk

man that was really sad

Back