Mafia Tiering Discussion Thread

Sorry Garlic, I haven't seen you play for ages, if even at all so it was pretty hard to make a judgement on you :)

Didn't he cheat badly in Werewolf III, no offence but that's not what the mafia king would do.

Not taking the alleged cheating in account, I would likely rank Garlic in the A tier, because from what I've seen, he is quite good.

And now it might be a good idea to start a new topic or at least take it to the general discussion thread.

Peko Pekoyama said:
Not taking the alleged cheating in account, I would likely rank Garlic in the A tier, because from what I've seen, he is quite good.

And now it might be a good idea to start a new topic or at least take it to the general discussion thread.

Isn't Garlic a woman?

i don't think he is

I think he's male but I don't really know.

Pretty sure that's a joke.

Also, splitting the thread, wait until I'm done before discussing the tiers any further.

Chiaki Nanami said:
No, but in hindsight I didn't see the page I was linked to was a userpage. That was seriously it. I seriously didn't know that wiki accepted fandom. Had I previously known that, I would have been more careful with what I said and did. It was honestly a play on my expectations. I expected the wiki to be rigid with things like that, so when I saw something there I automatically assumed it was legitimate.

Yes, I acknowledge that it's stupid, but under the pressure I was put under I wasn't able to think straight.

I don't blame anything else than how I was feeling at that time.

Also, it was the first game I was Mafia in and could get a chance at making a fake claim. I honestly had no experience at fake claiming before. It was a valuable experience, I've got to say that. But being inexperienced at something is not an excuse for failing at it, of course.
why didn't you just ask someone else?

k here you go

Mega Morg said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
No, but in hindsight I didn't see the page I was linked to was a userpage. That was seriously it. I seriously didn't know that wiki accepted fandom. Had I previously known that, I would have been more careful with what I said and did. It was honestly a play on my expectations. I expected the wiki to be rigid with things like that, so when I saw something there I automatically assumed it was legitimate.

Yes, I acknowledge that it's stupid, but under the pressure I was put under I wasn't able to think straight.

Also, it was the first game I was Mafia in and could get a chance at making a fake claim. I honestly had no experience at fake claiming before. It was a valuable experience, I've got to say that. But being inexperienced at something is not an excuse for failing at it, of course.
That's because I like to make up my own fake claims. That, and it felt like I was the only active person in the Quicktopic, so I wouldn't get a reply quickly enough. I had already claimed my 'role', I only had to claim my 'character'. That was what failed. I knew I had to claim it quickly after I had claimed my 'role', so that's why I didn't bother with asking anyone else.

Again, I didn't think of actually using the Quicktopic when I needed it the most, which was a really bad move from my side.

God I was so dumb.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Mega Morg said:
Chiaki Nanami said:

That's because I like to make up my own fake claims. That, and it felt like I was the only active person in the Quicktopic, so I wouldn't get a reply quickly enough. I had already claimed my 'role', I only had to claim my 'character'. That was what failed. I knew I had to claim it quickly after I had claimed my 'role', so that's why I didn't bother with asking anyone else.

Again, I didn't think of actually using the Quicktopic when I needed it the most, which was a really bad move from my side.

God I was so dumb.
I was in the mafia that time wasn't so it's to bad you didn't ask me because I know a lot about digimon and I would have been able to help you

*looks at list* I see I'm a C tier.

That's what I expected, since I'm still kinda new, but I'm getting better.

Time Turner said:
RandomYoshi, why don't you make a tier list? I think you could do a pretty good job of ranking players.
Hmm, I'll think about it. Of course, I'll only include those who I have played with for more than a couple of games, but I'll try to make it fair nonetheless.

NSY said:
Didn't he cheat badly in Werewolf III, no offence but that's not what the mafia king would do.

"Cheating" explained for dummies (like you):

I was on mafia faction A. I got converted to mafia faction B by one of their players. To help my new team win, I shared the information I knew.

Everyone goes apeshit

It's what anyone would have done in that situation, I just happened to be the one converted because faction B thought I was their biggest threat/I would help them the most on their team.

This is why I hate games with multiple mafia groups

I actually don't think this is a bad idea. :p

Hm, if I were to rank myself, I'd probably say I'd be a C rank player. I do sheep and sometimes I'm unsure of what's going on or how to use my role efficiently, but I can say I do try my best to improve and try to work with what I have. =P

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
NSY said:

"Cheating" explained for dummies (like you):

I was on mafia faction A. I got converted to mafia faction B by one of their players. To help my new team win, I shared the information I knew.

Everyone goes apeshit

It's what anyone would have done in that situation, I just happened to be the one converted because faction B thought I was their biggest threat/I would help them the most on their team.

This is why I hate games with multiple mafia groups
wasn't the real problem the part where you told everyone in the game about both mafia groups' memberlists

I'd have to look back at the quicktopics to remember what happened (shit was 2 years ago), but even if I did reveal faction A's members, I wouldn't have revealed faction B. Unless I was re-converted to a third different team or some shit.

Like I said, fuck overcomplicated games with too many factions and converting powers.

it's not my fault they wanted me on their team ;_;

Back