Mafia Tiering Discussion Thread

NSY said:
*Horrible Roleclaim and scummy acting in GD's game
I still resent that fake claim to no end. I still think it's unfair that Scum aren't provided safe fake claims by hosts when it's a themed game. It doesn't test your actual MAFIA skills, it tests how well you know the THEME which the game is inspired of. It's stupid and a huge, huge, huge disadvantage for Scum, plus that it literally makes it a fucking CAKEWALK for Town to see through fake claims.
NSY said:
*Pro Luna acting in D&N mafia
lol, the best strategy in that game is to shut the fuck up. Posting is detrimental for you. Therefore you have made an equally bad mistake.
NSY said:
You have also jumped the gun quite a lot.
When did I do that?

Well coming up with a fakeclaim is part of the skill, I claimed Shoey's role in Yoshi K's mafia because I know he won't respond to it and be stupid.

You could of looked up a good season 1 digimon and made good roleclaim like what I thought another mafia did.

Chiaki Nanami said:
NSY said:
*Horrible Roleclaim and scummy acting in GD's game
I still resent that fake claim to no end. I still think it's unfair that Scum aren't provided safe fake claims by hosts when it's a themed game. It doesn't test your actual MAFIA skills, it tests how well you know the THEME which the game is inspired of. It's stupid and a huge, huge, huge disadvantage for Scum, plus that it literally makes it a fucking CAKEWALK for Town to see through fake claims.
The way I see it, by not giving a safe role claim to the Mafia players as a host, you are testing the resourcefulness of your players to come up with roles that would fit the theme of the game and at the same time make sense. Besides, it's not like Digimon is obscure; there's an entire wiki that you could have easily used to create a role claim, and then you went for Pawnmon.

I was trying to find a character that would fit what I claimed. I claimed Jack of all Trades. I went to Google and typed "Digimon Jack of all Trades". As I was both pressed for time and didn't know the series that well, I just went with what I saw on the first result I got.

NSY said:
Well coming up with a fakeclaim is part of the skill, I claimed Shoey's role in Yoshi K's mafia because I know he won't respond to it and be stupid.

You could of looked up a good season 1 digimon and made good roleclaim like what I thought another mafia did.
Think obscure, that way it seems feesable and there is no risk of another player having it.
In Nitwit mafia, when Crash asked me for a claim, I nearly claimed Kirby, who would definatley have a role. Instead, I claimed Phantom R which actually worked, though I got found out eventually.

Chiaki Nanami said:
I was trying to find a character that would fit what I claimed. I claimed Jack of all Trades. I went to Google and typed "Digimon Jack of all Trades". As I was both pressed for time and didn't know the series that well, I just went with what I saw on the first result I got.
I don't know what you googled, but all I'm getting are Digimon roleplays.

I think it also had hyphens, though I'm not sure what that alters in the slightest. Keep in mind that Google tracks your history so you might get different results from what I got.

No, but in hindsight I didn't see the page I was linked to was a userpage. That was seriously it. I seriously didn't know that wiki accepted fandom. Had I previously known that, I would have been more careful with what I said and did. It was honestly a play on my expectations. I expected the wiki to be rigid with things like that, so when I saw something there I automatically assumed it was legitimate.

Yes, I acknowledge that it's stupid, but under the pressure I was put under I wasn't able to think straight.

I don't blame anything else than how I was feeling at that time.

Also, it was the first game I was Mafia in and could get a chance at making a fake claim. I honestly had no experience at fake claiming before. It was a valuable experience, I've got to say that. But being inexperienced at something is not an excuse for failing at it, of course.

Hey, we all made dud claims every once in a while, even the best players do, Its only if you constantly make them is when it really affect anything.

Also, a few players I forgot to mention before
Crash: A tier
Cirdec: C tier, though not a very high C tier
Smg2Daisy: D-C Borderline

I mentioned it earlier why, you sometimes do come off as really scummy, you are one of the ones who are very close to the B tier though.
My judgement means Jack-shit though so...

Nagito Komaeda said:
@GD: Again, BC borderline, but sometimes you can act a bit scummy, like in Nitwit mafia where you got mad at me for acting too innocent which was the factor nearly lead us into impossible victory
Didn't see this, sorry, but Nitwit Mafia was my one of my first, if not the first game as a Mafia, and one of my first games, period. I didn't have an instruction manual, all I had were a few basic guidelines, so it was definitely a learning process. I feel that I've improved greatly since then (Come on, solo third-party win?).

Sochies said:
oh yeah, third party wins are ftw

*looks over to his first third party win in LTQ's mafia*

No offense, but fool wins are really easy, why do you think the game continues for second place?

Sonia Nevermind said:
Sochies said:

No offense, but fool wins are really easy, why do you think the game continues for second place?

hey, why do you think I'm gloating?

Sochies said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Sochies said:

I never said you were gloating. I was just pointing that out.

Sonia Nevermind said:
Sochies said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Sochies said:

I know you never said I was gloating. I said I was gloating

Sochies said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Sochies said:
Sonia Nevermind said:
Sochies said:

I know you never said I was gloating. I said I was gloating

Oh, i'm sorry, i misunderstood.

Nagito Komaeda said:
Also, a few players I forgot to mention before
Crash: A tier
Cirdec: C tier, though not a very high C tier
Smg2Daisy: D-C Borderline

Aw shucks, I'm flattered.

Also guys, maybe y'all should make a "Tier thread/constructively criticize other players skills"

or something like that

Nagito Komaeda said:
Well, IMO, I think the list would go a little like this
A tier
Smasher
Stooben
Xzelio
Ralph
other long term players who have lots of skill

B tier
Le me (Lily)
NSM
Nabber
RY
Rocker
Palkia (though he may drop due to being innactive lately)
BMB
SonicMario(I may be putting him a little high though)
Other guild members and players of a simular level

C tier
Lakituthequick
Epic Nitwit
Pyro
MM15
NSY
Yoshi K
Shoey (Though he could be B tier)
GD
And others

D tier
PTR
Neptune
MCS
Rin
Others

E tier and lower
Very new players

Don't judge me, I was just doing a random blah, I know nothing and I could be completley wrong and I was just doing how I would see it.

i am still reigning mafia king of the super mario boards :mad:

Back