My Personal Star Collection

MattMVS7

Monty Mole
Banned User
EDIT: In Super Mario Galaxy 2, I heard that there is a Grand Green Star that opens up another super special secret world beyond World S. Where would I find this Grand Green Star?

I am collecting as many stars as I can in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 throughout my life and am posting videos (proof) that I have collected all these stars. So far, I have fully completed Super Mario Galaxy 4 times with both Mario and Luigi and have fully completed Super Mario Galaxy 2 11 times.

In these videos, I have also shown that I have unlocked all the chapters and activated all the teleporters in Super Mario Galaxy (my in-game status for both Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2). Also, I have shown the amount of time I have played these games on the days I played them.

I will continue to add more videos as I continue to complete these games and add my total star count so far. So look forward to seeing more videos and more stars added to my personal collection.

TOTAL STAR COUNT: 3,630 STARS

(NOTE: I like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 the best. When I get the chance and feel like playing other Mario games, then I will add their stars to my personal collection).

Here is my playlist of videos as proof of this:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6F3EDB82226184C4

Finally, I would like to add one more thing which is that I am not bragging at all. I am just trying to collect as many stars as I can and add them to my personal collection and share this personal collection with everyone else.

Luna the 45th Nazgul of the Turbotastic Sith Lords said:
what about Shine Sprites
When I get the chance to play other Mario games (when I feel like it--I just like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 the best), then I will add those stars to my collection.

You can't call yourself a star master without playing Mario Party

MattMVS7 said:
So far, I have fully completed Super Mario Galaxy 4 times with both Mario and Luigi and have fully completed Super Mario Galaxy 2 11 times.

Why? I never understood the point of beating a game multiple times.

I can, replaying again and again is what I do a lot of the time and yet I still die quite a bit.

You get more out a game by playing it multiple times. I usually find hidden areas that I didn't notice the first time I played the game.

MCS said:
MattMVS7 said:
So far, I have fully completed Super Mario Galaxy 4 times with both Mario and Luigi and have fully completed Super Mario Galaxy 2 11 times.

If the game is fun enough, you can always feel like playing the game once again. It's happened multiple time for me with TTYD.

MCS said:
MattMVS7 said:

Do you just beat the game once and then let it sit on your shelf?

Chilly said:
Do you just beat the game once and then let it sit on your shelf?

Yup. Personally, beating a game once is enough for me, and as long as I collected everything and 100%ed it, I see no reason to beat it again.

I beat Super Mario 64 DS like, 5 times. All of those playthroughs were fun.

Actually, the only time I beat a game multiple times was Luigi's Mansion. I beat that 12 times in total, only because it's really short, easy to beat, and takes only a few hours to do, and it's always fun to try to beat my highest record of money.

Finally, I would like to add one more thing which is that I am not bragging at all. I am just trying to collect as many stars as I can and add them to my personal collection and share this personal collection with everyone else.

Why don't you play Mario Party? Mario Party 6 lets you get 50+ stars in a match.

Baby Luigi said:
Why don't you play Mario Party? Mario Party 6 lets you get 50+ stars in a match.
50 stars, sorry but how is it possible to end with that many stars.

Faire Square is the board that makes it easy to obtain 50+ stars. Especially in the night, where stars can cost as little as 5 coins each. Add the static, yet convenient location and the ability to purchase up to 5 stars at once and you got a deal.

Saying that, what if lands on 30 coins.

No big deal. I can get 200+ coins that match. That's more than enough to buy all 5 40 coins stars.

BTW, that's assuming you play a 50 turn match with easy computers.

Also, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, I heard that there is a Grand Green Star that opens up another super special secret world beyond World S. Where would I find this Grand Green Star?

MattMVS7 said:
Also, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, I heard that there is a Grand Green Star that opens up another super special secret world beyond World S. Where would I find this Grand Green Star?
Complete trash that is, ignore it.

Baby Luigi said:

Mario Party DS: 25 Turns + DK Jungle Ruins + 5-coin Stars from Bowser = The best star farming board in any MP game. I got 92 stars once. It's also hilarious when you duel CPUs for three stars and beat them.

Looker said:
Baby Luigi said:

Mario Party DS: 25 Turns + DK Jungle Ruins + 5-coin Stars from Bowser = The best star farming board in any MP game. I got 92 stars once. It's also hilarious when you duel CPUs for three stars and beat them.

Unfortunately, that is situational at best and besides, you get only 5 turns of Star Splurging, that is, if Bowser even hits Stars for 5 coins in the first place and you even reach there anyway. And you can duel CPU opponents for three stars? Didn't know that. Probably because the CPUs I play against rarely even get 2, let alone, three stars.

I remember my sister getting 60+ stars on that board. The Happening Spaces rope thing kept screwing her up until the last five turns.

I always buy the Grab Bag before the last 5 turns. The one that comes with the Triple Dice Block, Star Pipe, and Block Sensor. This way, I'm guaranteed to get my money's worth, since you can find some pretty good items with the satellite and the Star Pipe will take you instantly to the Splurge Space without having to waste a dice roll.

The Grab Bag is awesome, but it's super-rare. I bought it myself like only once. The 25 coins spent on it is totally worth it though.

Per BLOF, although you can get a Ztar from it.

Back