Video games that you regret buying

MCS said:
Could you give some examples? I'm interested.

There's a lot of character derailment going on in Other M. Up until that game, Samus has always been portrayed as a strong, silent, take no BS bounty hunter that took orders from nobody (save for the computer in Fusion). She'd have an occasional introspective moment but it was never really intrusive and the player was left with a lot they had to sort out themselves as to what was going on story-wise. In Other M, Samus hinges on every word Adam says and constantly seeks his approval. I'd be totally cool with Samus being having doubts/fears/whatever, but Other M went about it all wrong.

As a game, it's an okay-ish action game, but as a Metroid game it falls flat on its ass by removing most, if not all, of the exploration that makes this series fun. The only time you get to explore the BOTTLE SHIP in full is during the post-game segment.

Music is almost non-existent, save for Ridley's theme which is always nice.

Moving around in a 3-D environment with a D-pad is wonky and switching between third and first-person could've been handled better. Nunchuck support would've helped immensely.

tl;dr it's Metroid Fusion's well-meaning, but less competent console counterpart.

MCS said:
Well, the last time I played it was early 2012, so I can't really recall any hatred towards females in it, although I think I heard about that. Could you give some examples? I'm interested.
The overarching theme of the game was Samus trying desperately to seek approval from a male authoritative figure for seemingly no good reason than because she seems to hate herself, which could've been OK if she wasn't shown to be a tremendous idiot so overemotional and useless at her job that she needs big, burly military man surrounding her to keep her safe, even requiring protection when Ridley appears because she freaks out when he appears.

although gamefreak seems to have ninja'd me far better, goddammit

but anyway, see here for more information

Nintendo64Dude said:
i Want New Super Mario Bros 2 and Paper Mario Sticker Star.

This is about games you regret buying, not games that you want...

Proto Man said:
There's a lot of character derailment going on in Other M. Up until that game, Samus has always been portrayed as a strong, silent, take no BS bounty hunter that took orders from nobody (save for the computer in Fusion). She'd have an occasional introspective moment but it was never really intrusive and the player was left with a lot they had to sort out themselves as to what was going on story-wise. In Other M, Samus hinges on every word Adam says and constantly seeks his approval. I'd be totally cool with Samus being having doubts/fears/whatever, but Other M went about it all wrong.

As a game, it's an okay-ish action game, but as a Metroid game it falls flat on its ass by removing most, if not all, of the exploration that makes this series fun. The only time you get to explore the BOTTLE SHIP in full is during the post-game segment.

Music is almost non-existent, save for Ridley's theme which is always nice.

Moving around in a 3-D environment with a D-pad is wonky and switching between third and first-person could've been handled better. Nunchuck support would've helped immensely.

tl;dr it's Metroid Fusion's well-meaning, but less competent console counterpart.

Crocodile Dippy said:
The overarching theme of the game was Samus trying desperately to seek approval from a male authoritative figure for seemingly no good reason than because she seems to hate herself, which could've been OK if she wasn't shown to be a tremendous idiot so overemotional and useless at her job that she needs big, burly military man surrounding her to keep her safe, even requiring protection when Ridley appears because she freaks out when he appears.

although gamefreak seems to have ninja'd me far better, goddammit

but anyway, see here for more information

Ah, alright, this makes sense now. It's starting to come back to me. I barely remember Adam, but the name rings a bell. Remind me who he was?

I do remember her talking to herself in the cutscenes about just about everything Adam said, though.

MCS said:
Nagito Komaeda said:
Kirby's epic Yarn.
I was cringing when I played it if my parents were in the room.

Why? I liked it, I don't see what's so bad about playing it in front of your parents.
How friggen childish the game was, it was mostly the story that made it seem too kindergarten.

Nagito Komaeda said:
MCS said:
Nagito Komaeda said:
Kirby's epic Yarn.

Why? I liked it, I don't see what's so bad about playing it in front of your parents.
How friggen childish the game was, it was mostly the story that made it seem too kindergarten.

Ah, I see. I do admit the way the story cutscenes and narration were put together made it seem a bit for younger kids, but I skipped the cutscenes, and other than that I don't see why your parents would care about you playing a childish game. The music soundtrack was really nice, and it was an overall easy and good game.

Rolf said:
Train Simulator 2013.

Why?

I mean, I only have Train Simulator 2012, and it lagged to death so I couldn't play it worth crap, but I'd like to hear why you regret buying it. (unless I already stated the reason, heh)

i had no clue how to play it, yeah, and i didn't find it very engaging

Nagito Komaeda said:
MCS said:
Nagito Komaeda said:
Kirby's epic Yarn.

You should enjoy those types of games (I know I do), no need to grow up just yet, or would you rather have Kirby's Gorefest 3000?

MCS said:
I barely remember Adam, but the name rings a bell. Remind me who he was?

I do remember her talking to herself in the cutscenes about just about everything Adam said, though.
Adam Malkovich was Samus' former CO in the Galactic Federation prior to her becoming a freelance bounty hunter. The circumstances of the game have the two working together again.

I personally felt they took the gentle pastel idea too far which put me off as it made the game easy as well as you can't die/faint or whatever. That is just my opinion though,

Proto Man said:
Adam Malkovich was Samus' former CO in the Galactic Federation prior to her becoming a freelance bounty hunter. The circumstances of the game have the two working together again.

Ah, alright.

Nagito Komaeda said:
I personally felt they took the gentle pastel idea too far which put me off as it made the game easy as well as you can't die/faint or whatever. That is just my opinion though,

How did they take it too far? Also, maybe you can't die, but every time you get hit you lose tons of gems, and that makes it an absolute pain when you want to Gold-medal each and every level. So it's easy if you just want to follow the story, but it can be challenging to complete all the sidequests and gold certain levels if you don't watch out.

Proto Man said:
Metroid: Other M

i think we all know why at this point

this.

aaaand....

knights of the old republic 2
tales of symphonia dawn of the new world
blazblue
mario kart wii
super mario galaxy
red steel
megaman x7
megaman 8
pokemon red/blue
legend of zelda ocarina of time
devil may cry 2
god of war 1
legend of zelda twilight princess
metroid 2: return of samus
mario party 6 & 7
diablo 1
baldurs gate(ps2)
neverwinter nights 2

yeah thinks thats about it.

Samus Aran said:
Proto Man said:

this.

aaaand....

blazblue
mario kart wii
super mario galaxy
red steel
megaman x7
megaman 8
pokemon red/blue
devil may cry 2
god of war 1
mario party 6 & 7
diablo 1
baldurs gate(ps2)
neverwinter nights 2

I haven't played the majority of these, but Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Galaxy? Wow.

MCS said:
Samus Aran said:
Proto Man said:

this.

aaaand....

blazblue
mario kart wii
super mario galaxy
red steel
megaman x7
megaman 8
pokemon red/blue
devil may cry 2
god of war 1
mario party 6 & 7
diablo 1
baldurs gate(ps2)
neverwinter nights 2

I haven't played the majority of these, but Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Galaxy? Wow.

yeah i didn't enjoy them much, ive explained smg before but uh oot just really bored me to death. Could also be that the hype kinda destroyed it for me as well.

Samus Aran said:
Proto Man said:

this.

aaaand....

blazblue
mario kart wii
super mario galaxy
red steel
megaman x7
megaman 8
pokemon red/blue
devil may cry 2
god of war 1
mario party 6 & 7
diablo 1
baldurs gate(ps2)
neverwinter nights 2

ouch, sorry you had to experience that

Mario Party 5, 7, 8, 9 (well technically 8 was a gift lol), Mario Strikers Charged (gift again :p), Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn and Mario Kart DS. I literally have not touched those games in years. :p

Thrillville.

It was decent at the time, but when I try to play it now it feels unfinished and clunky as hell.

Add The Elder Scrolls IV and V to the list, I don't know why I bought them but I don't have the time or patience to spend 100 hours on 1 game that has crappy combat, lesson learned I guess.

Ə said:
Thrillville.

It was decent at the time, but when I try to play it now it feels unfinished and clunky as hell.

I agree with this assessment.

Bird Mania 3D (which is why I got rid of it), though I liked the music.

Mario Party 9

Back