• It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Except that COD is rated M

What does COD have anything to do with it anyway?

Count me in as one of the people that considers Slingpod Galaxy at a manageable difficulty. I think it helps that there's an invisible checkpoint in this level, because otherwise it would be harder (though not unmanageable).

For Champion's Road, I am considering using multiple controllers to get through this, but being a solo player would make switching between controllers/characters hard. Perhaps the added advantage to store multiple power-ups would be a game changer, in this case.

Thanks for reading.

Alright, I've finally tackled Champion's Road! I did it not once, but twice! I did use multiple controllers like I said I would, but I still find switching controllers hard, so I just stuck with Peach in a Tanooki Suit, which I stocked up on from World 3-1 (earliest level with this power-up).

The reason for Tanooki Peach is obvious: reasonably long air-time. This is very important for two sections: the beat blocks and the dash pad section. Even after tackling the beat blocks section as normal characters, I can't, for the life of me, figure out the way to do the last beat block section (the last four blocks are the main culprit). I did the second last part by sacrificing Peach by throwing an inactive character to the safe platform. The dash pads one is the part I failed quite a few times, and at one time I didn't recognise Peach from the other characters and unknowingly suicide her to the abyss. When I reached near the goal, I have the utmost relief from all of this,

It took several attempts to do this, and whenever I am out of Super Leaves, I just close the software instead of exiting, since this game saves when I exit normally (which I don't want because gathering power-ups is a hassle). This is unlike New Super Mario Bros. U, where I can quit with power-ups intact (I wish I don't need to close in the middle of the game to reset the power-ups).

For the first time, I used Mario, Peach and Toad. When I got to the end goal, I made Mario a Tanooki and reached the top of the flag pole, then quickly got Peach there too. However, I panicked and reached for the wrong Wii Remote (I had two ready with me, but one ran out of battery) and missed Toad's control. For the second time, since I got the top-of-flagpole bonus already, I could use the easier way to grab the flagpole: throw inactive players with one of the characters I missed (in this case, Toad). I threw Rosalina and Luigi, then grab it with Toad. In the end, I got all five playable characters' icons for Champion's Road, and boy was it a relief to do it, so that I or anybody else don't have to complete that stage again!

Now my next goal is to complete the Mystery House Marathon with other characters besides Mario (since I completed it with him only). When that is done, then it's Boss Blitz for all but Mario (again, completed that with Mario only previously). After that, the others levels should be easier to complete, and thus, become a more relaxing affair.

Thanks for reading.

Did anybody here played both Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World? If so, what are the differences you felt there are between them, in terms of level design? I only played Super Mario 3D World, so I had the perception that Super Mario 3D Land would be similar, but looking at the screenshot of Mario climbing a wooden spiral road with Biddybuds made me think it's overall a different experience.

Thanks for reading.

I only have 3D World. I find it very challenging, and when I beat Bowser the final time, I cheered. HE WAS SOOOOOOOO HARD!

Anyway, I've skipped some hard levels, and I need to replay them because I don't have enough Green Stars to get out of World Star.

Send help.

As Winstein always says, thanks for reading.

Nightmare Chica said:
I only have 3D World. I find it very challenging, and when I beat Bowser the final time, I cheered. HE WAS SOOOOOOOO HARD!

Anyway, I've skipped some hard levels, and I need to replay them because I don't have enough Green Stars to get out of World Star.

Send help.

I think some of the levels have very tricky manoeuvres in getting the green stars. For example, in Rainbow Run (I think that's what Star-1 is called), one of the stars require a Cat Suit to reach, and then in the pipe, you also have to direct the ball onto the P-switch. Another Star stage requires two characters to reach the star, but because it has rolling logs between the Double Cherry and the elevator, it's not easy to do with one player.

Could you explain what you mean by "skipping hard levels"? Do you mean you use the White Tanooki Suit to help you through the stage, or you just get to the end without regard of searching for the stars (sans White Tanooki Suit)?

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
Did anybody here played both Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World? If so, what are the differences you felt there are between them, in terms of level design? I only played Super Mario 3D World, so I had the perception that Super Mario 3D Land would be similar, but looking at the screenshot of Mario climbing a wooden spiral road with Biddybuds made me think it's overall a different experience.

Thanks for reading.

3d land feels like its lacking in the stage design department a bit and sm3dw is just overall a different experience.

id still recommend land though its arguably one of the best 3ds games

winstein said:
Nightmare Chica said:

Send help.

I think some of the levels have very tricky manoeuvres in getting the green stars. For example, in Rainbow Run (I think that's what Star-1 is called), one of the stars require a Cat Suit to reach, and then in the pipe, you also have to direct the ball onto the P-switch. Another Star stage requires two characters to reach the star, but because it has rolling logs between the Double Cherry and the elevator, it's not easy to do with one player.

Could you explain what you mean by "skipping hard levels"? Do you mean you use the White Tanooki Suit to help you through the stage, or you just get to the end without regard of searching for the stars (sans White Tanooki Suit)?

Thanks for reading.

I ment NOT EVEN TOUCHING THE FLAGPOLE

Back