Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I doubt it won't support it. It's just not officially confirmed yet, therefore it's not listed on the Wiki.

I don't think the GamePad is THAT bad.

I just don't want to steer with it.

It's funny how there was an info drought, and now we got a trailer that was completely overshadowed by something else (Rosalina's reveal for Super Smash Bros). Don't get me wrong, I liked the trailer, and I'm glad that Rosalina and all the babies are back, but I just didn't pay much attention to it.

Anser said:
It's funny how there was an info drought, and now we got a trailer that was completely overshadowed by something else (Rosalina's reveal for Super Smash Bros). Don't get me wrong, I liked the trailer, and I'm glad that Rosalina and all the babies are back, but I just didn't pay much attention to it.

Well I don't know, but Baby Luigi being in this is ---ing awesome and made my day yesterday (and I spent all night thinking about so I couldn't sleep :/)

Champion Christmas said:
I love Sakurai passive aggressively told people to release some footage for MK8 by making Rosalina's intro movie.

Really? It looked like a light tease to me

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

Well I don't know, but Baby Luigi being in this is ---ing awesome and made my day yesterday (and I spent all night thinking about so I couldn't sleep :/)

I knew you would be very happy, hahahaha. I actually got happy for you when I saw Baby Luigi. Had Rosalina not been revealed yesterday, I would be here all excited about Rosalina's return, but hey, they confirmed her return AND her debut in another great game, so I have to divide my happiness in two different threads.

Rosalina is my second favorite character, tied with Bowser, and he was already confirmed in both Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. Now all I need is Yoshi (my first favorite character) confirmed in Super Smash Bros. and I'm all set. I know he's returning anyway.

Anser said:
I knew you would be very happy, hahahaha. I actually got happy for you when I saw Baby Luigi. Had Rosalina not been revealed yesterday, I would be here all excited about Rosalina's return, but hey, they confirmed her return AND her debut in another great game, so I have to divide my happiness in two different threads.

Rosalina is my second favorite character, tied with Bowser, and he was already confirmed in both Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. Now all I need is Yoshi (my first favorite character) confirmed in Super Smash Bros. and I'm all set. I know he's returning anyway.

Wow, you actually care :P

I like Rosalina too. She's covering in fifth or sixth favorite character (after Baby Luigi, Toadette, Baby Mario, Toad, and Luigi) but she could swap with Luigi any time soon.

Don't worry, you have a better chance of lightning striking you and all of your friends while winning the lottery than Yoshi NOT appearing in Super Smash Bros.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

Wow, you actually care :P

I like Rosalina too. She's covering in fifth or sixth favorite character (after Baby Luigi, Toadette, Baby Mario, Toad, and Luigi) but she could swap with Luigi any time soon.

Don't worry, you have a better chance of lightning striking you and all of your friends while winning the lottery than Yoshi NOT appearing in Super Smash Bros.

Yeah, really! I instantly remembered you when I saw him and thought "She's going to be so mad at this" at the part where Baby Mario smashed Baby Luigi with a shell X') I would bet that he's going to appear in the new Yoshi's Island game, too. I like all those characters you mentioned because neither of them is Daisy or Waluigi. Those are the only characters I dislike. Well, and Birdo too, but just a little. I think she gets more hate than she deserves. She's just strange, but not annoying (at least to me).

You actually made me laugh with the way you put Yoshi's inclusion :'D Although I don't understand why he hasn't been revealed yet. I mean, he's the only basic character of the original 12 that hasn't been shown yet.

Anser said:
Yeah, really! I instantly remembered you when I saw him and thought "She's going to be so mad at this" at the part where Baby Mario smashed Baby Luigi with a shell X') I would bet that he's going to appear in the new Yoshi's Island game, too. I like all those characters you mentioned because neither of them is Daisy or Waluigi. Those are the only characters I dislike. Well, and Birdo too, but just a little. I think she gets more hate than she deserves. She's just strange, but not annoying (at least to me).

You actually made me laugh with the way you put Yoshi's inclusion :'D Although I don't understand why he hasn't been revealed yet. I mean, he's the only basic character of the original 12 that hasn't been shown yet.

I was like, "Aw man, you hit Baby Luigi. I'm gonna get revenge on you for doing this to my man you stupid annoying red thing." (lol it's part of my sig now) Baby Luigi IS gonna appear in the Yoshi's New Island game, but unfortunately, he seems to be a dumbass in distress again. C'mon, this is the Year of Luigi...show Baby Luigi some love instead of him being kidnapped again T~T

I wonder why you hate them both? I think you should feel happy that Rosy gets priority over them in Smash Bros. I have a feeling you'd be "IN YOUR FACE DAISY AND WALUIGI" lol

I think they're saving Yoshi for the release of Yoshi's New Island or more Yarn Yoshi info. But it's strange seeing Rosalina confirmed before Yoshi.

Speaking of Waluigi, how come everytime they show him, it's of him being hit by an item?

Also, confirmed players (17 total; all of which were guesses that were on my roster guess).

Small:
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Toad
Toadette
Koopa Troopa

Medium:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi

Large:
Wario
Waluigi
DK
Bowser
Rosalina

So seeing with balance reasons, I think it is say to say that there are at least 2 more spots in the Medium and Large classes, though does not mean that 21 characters will be at all the limit, as I also think it's safe to assume that there will be at least 24 characters again.

Deku Link said:
Speaking of Waluigi, how come everytime they show him, it's of him being hit by an item?

Well, say that to Baby Luigi, who's very first footage centered on him involves him getting slammed by Baby Mario >_>;

by the way, Mario Kart Wii is the only game with a truly balanced roster

New Super Mario said:
We need Toadsworth please.

No man, how about a Goomba?

Baby Luigi said:
Deku Link said:

Well, say that to Baby Luigi, who's very first footage centered on him involves him getting slammed by Baby Mario >_>;

And I hope that they keep it balanced. I don't see reason why not to?

Deku Link said:
Baby Luigi said:
Deku Link said:

And I hope that they keep it balanced. I don't see reason why not to?

I like it when things aren't balanced. That means one team can have like 4 heavyweights while there can be like only 2 middleweights

BTW, I want the Mario Kart 7 class system back

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Baby Luigi said:
New Super Mario said:
We need Toadsworth please.

No man, how about a Goomba?
Goombario/Goombella or I'll take Toadsworth instead.

Enn

Ohh

NO.

Why the hell is everyone so opposed to original characters rather than a random member of millions of identicals? Goombas are deconfirmed anyway because they are hazards.

Look, just drop it. You've done enough arguing on GameFAQs, I suggest you cease it here

I have no wish to further the conflict, neither does any user here.

I refuse to answer your question.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Why the hell is everyone so opposed to original characters rather than a random member of millions of identicals? Goombas are deconfirmed anyway because they are hazards.

Toadsworth is awesome, though.

I wish Piantas were playable as well.

FawfulTheSnowman said:
Goombas are deconfirmed anyway because they are hazards.

Not necessarily

Was Wiggler deconfirmed when Maple Treeway was a retro track in Mario Kart 7? How about Shy Guys in Shy Guy Bazaar?

btw, i wouldn't call a goomba wearing a blue hat an original character anyway. and aren't you opposed to honey queen who is an original character?

Baby Luigi said:
I have no wish to further the conflict, neither does any user here.

I refuse to answer your question.
You're in denial, everyone knows uniqueness makes characters... well, unique

Somebody back me up here

Also I agree Toadsworth would make an awesome racer. Don Pianta as well. But not a generic Pianta.

Baby Luigi said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
Goombas are deconfirmed anyway because they are hazards.

Not necessarily

Was Wiggler deconfirmed when Maple Treeway was a retro track in Mario Kart 7? How about Shy Guys in Shy Guy Bazaar?
Those were all giant versions of the racer though

Back