Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Waffles

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • French Toast

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
Brony the 45th Nazgul of the great Sith Lords said:
Choose wisely.

I chose Waffles, but IHOP makes some good pancakes. Depends where I'm getting the food, I guess.

Gundam Tanaka said:
I chose Waffles, but IHOP makes some good pancakes. Depends where I'm getting the food, I guess.
What is IHOP? Some food chain of the fifty thousand there are in America, or what?

Anyway, I prefer pancakes.

Chiaki Nanami said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
What is IHOP? Some food chain of the fifty thousand there are in America, or what?

Yep. International (yeah right) House of Pancakes.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Chiaki Nanami said:
Gundam Tanaka said:

Yep. International (yeah right) House of Pancakes.
And they make good pancakes. I WONDER IF THEIR NAME HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT.

Waffles are the best out of the bunch

Radagast the Brown said:
how the shit are waffles winning

they taste like shit
Let me guess, only ever had EGGO?

Pancakes aren't bad per se, but compared to waffles they are vastly underwhelming. Here, of course, I am referring only to the traditional western pancake that Americans or British would have for breakfast- the word "pancake" extends far beyond that and to compare every form of pancake to to the much smaller category that is the "waffle" would be simply unacceptable. I realize that there is also variation among waffles, but this is considerably less than the variation among pancakes and I for one only have experience with American waffles and Belgian waffles.

The reason why I feel that waffles are so superior to pancakes is in the crunchy outer layer and pattern of depressions that combined allow for a great amount of butter, syrup, or any other toppings of one's choice to be held in the waffle without soaking into it and resulting in a sogginess, atleast not within the timeframe of a breakfast. Of course, the aforementioned crunchy outer layer also serves to heighten the texture of the waffle and form a pleasant contrast with the fluffy interior.

EDIT: Please keep in mind that I don not mean to attempt to form a rift in the userbase between the waffle eaters and pancake eaters, I am simply stating my own opinion. If any pancake eaters felt as if I was making some sort of jab at them I profusely apologize.

And French Toast is good too, better than pancakes but not as good as waffles.

waffles are groovy

because if they weren't they'd be pancakes

I thought in SMB3 that was a fiery thing that looked like a waffle If Im not mistaken

Pancakes/flapjacks/hotcakes/whatever.

Lots of maple syrup, no butter. Perfection.

rGwi6n8.jpg

Back