Our old classic Paper Mario friends are gone forever

NSY said:
I'm sure they were not torturing them into doing it and Sticker Star was quite fun desperate being my least favourite OM game, I just don't like how SM is destroying traditions of the series.
I'll think you meant "PM" so that's what I'm going to respond to.
I would think that if the 2nd highest ranking member of the company came to you and said "hey, do this and this" you do it or you risk losing everything, especially with the way the video game industry is now.
However, destroying traditions could have been a great idea if they did it in a better way, instead of giving us a barebones game that resembles more NSMB Paper Edition. Eliminating partners could've been used to give Mario more freedom in what he can do and how many abilities he has, the sticker Navi would've been great if she actually gave some useful advice once in a while, stickers could've been way better if they implemented them in a less restricting manner (for example, you only need to collect the template for the stickers and once collected you can use it in battle for a certain price, that way the coin economy keeps being the same). The individual levels could've been a great oppotunity to introduce little side-stories for each one, not the series of divided setpieces we got.
I guess what I mean is that destroying RPG traditions could've been great because of the new portabiliy the series found, but instead we got Paper NSMB because of some Club Nintendo surveys or something that made Nintendo scared to do something they haven't done since 2004.

Xpike said:
I don't get why Sticker Star had to be a Paper Mario game, though, if it resembles more a Metroid game in structure than anything else. They could've created a new IP from it and let Intelligent Systems continue with their own stuff.

I guess what I mean is that destroying RPG traditions could've been great because of the new portabiliy the series found, but instead we got Paper NSMB because of some Club Nintendo surveys or something that made Nintendo scared to do something they haven't done since 2004.
Partners are no doubt the biggest difference from traditional SMB game, and it solves the question why Mario is always alone in his journey (except NSMB multiplayers).
We don't really need traditions. But if the staff decide to take away partners (whether new or old ones), they need a plan B to keep it distinctive, at least like SPP did. Stiker is just kind of new item/system like ice flowers or penguin suit, not really changing the whole thing.

Miyamoto, just retire already. Or at least give up on the Mario series, because you're just sinking it. It's like you took a list that said "BAD DECISIONS I SHOULD NOT TAKE", and you took all of them. Sticker Star sucks badly (in my opinion) and it's all because of you. Way to go.

I think Miyamoto should just stay out of Intelligent Systems. He doesn't even direct the New Super Mario Bros. games though, so I think you shouldn't blame him for New Super Mario Bros. shortcomings.

still fucking ass pissed at miyamoto for messing with my precious paper mario and not doing a thing about satan's creation

satan's creation = nsmb2

Oh come on, Satan created Hotel Mario and Mario Is Missing, not New Super Mario Bros. 2

I continue to believe that Tingle is the mastermind behind Hotel Mario and Mario is Missing.

That's because Tingle = Satan

It'd be cool to have them partners as playable characters in a mario party game.. after all they had the star spirits in mp5

Back