Pokemon XY Starters and Legendaries

Which starter and legendary will you choose first? (Please only choose one of each)

• Total voters

shockwave527

SHINX, TEPIG & CHESPIN: BEST POKEMON EVER
Upon seeing the releases of the new pokemon, I thought "I love Chespin, everyone will choose Fennekin, and Froakie will be the dud". After a bit longer, however, I began to think Chespin might be the dud and Froakie everyone seemed to love. Then I read online.

It seemed that there was a very even mix for starters, which is wierd. Many loved and many hated all three (except I saw no real hate for Fennekin). So I want to see: which will you choose? Legendaries as well. Just be sure to pick one Starter and one Legend.

This is based just off looks. No stats, evolutions or typing. Same with legends: we have no stats, types, or other things about version specifics.

So what do you choose?

GalacticPetey said:
Does this really need a thread? We have one for X and Y

Well, that has no poll on it, and I wanted to see this data as a poll. I don't think you can have a poll without a thread and I can't add it to his. This really isn't as much about the general games as it is about seeing what starters and legendaries people want to use to see if one is more popular.

Commentary on each:
Chespin: what is this i dont even
Fennekin: Looks sweet, a much more interesting Fire fox than Vulpix. However, I have my doubts as to where this evolution chain can go - We've already got Zoroark as the lithe, sneaky fox, and Ninetails as the regal, fancy-looking fox. Is Fennekin's chain going to navigate between the two? I'm hoping for something totally new and cool.
Froakie: I personally like his design, and it will be difficult to decide between Fennekin and Froakie (I'll probably end up getting Froakie just because everyone will get Fennekin). And I'm glad to see that Game Freak is taking another shot at the frog-type Pokemon, because frankly I wasn't that impressed with Politoed (he's okay though). And Seismitoed is just meh. At best.
Xerneas: The deer thing has already been done to death: Stantler, Sawsbuck, Virizion, and Arceus all look similar to him in some way. I just don't get what's supposed to be unique and cool about him. Those absolutely absurd horns? Yeah... not really doing it for me. It's just not practical.
Yveltal: A NEW DESIGN THAT DOESN'T LOOK STUPID YES. Actually, he does look a little silly. But the color scheme is awesome, it's like Darkrai ate Deoxys or something. And the claw things are pretty sweet. This is like the demon Pokemon that hasn't happened yet (Darkrai came close).

I'll comment on each

Chespin: It reminds me of Oshawott, in how people at the beginning were kind of hating it, but it turned into Samurott, which was pretty great, so I believe it'll have some sort of amazing evolution. Probably my choice for starter.

Fennekin: Everybody seems to like this one, probably because it's the most normal looking one I think. That's probably why I don't mind it, but it'd be my last choice for starter, just because of how normal it looks. It used a Psychic looking attack in the trailer so I think it could very well be a Fire/Psychic after being fully evolved. If not, maybe just Fire with no secondary type.

Froakie: This one seems interesting as well, I feel like depending on his evolutions, I might swap my choice over to him. I still really like his design though.

Xerneas: I don't really have a problem with it, and for the most part, legendaries aren't a problem since I don't use them. But, I like how it has X's in it's eyes. I imagine it'll be part Grass-type or Water-type, since it seems like some forest guardian thing.

Yveltal: This one looks pretty amazing, Probably the reason I will be getting Y, unless Y doesn't have a Pokemon I want. His name is kind of weird, not even sure how it's pronounced. (Ya-Vet-L)? I imagine it'll be Flying/Dark-type. Or Flying/Something-type.

My Commentary:
Chespin: He's a chipmunk in a friggin dinosaur suit. (Ok, so he's based off the first mammal ever, but whatever.) This guy looks so happy and ready to take on the world. My main man for sure. I think it might evolve into some kind of grass shelled bear with leaf spikes, which would be awesome. Team Chespin.

Fennekin: Liked it at first. Then fell in love with chespin. Then begain to like Froakie. I thought it would be the most popular, but less seem to have it as a favorite. Plus, it's most likely this will just grow to be a bigger fox with maybe a firey tail. No one seems to DISLIKE it, but it is kind of plain.

Froakie: Hate the name. I originally didn't like him, but then I began to notice the design more. I like the lighter coloring, and the way the bubbles make it look like he as glasses he seems really wise and like he could be very awesome. My second fav, but he's no Chespin. I bet he'll evolve into some bearded, wise frog.

Xerneas: I like the design, but it didn't strike me as legendary. This is a deer because of norse mythology but as someone stated, we have been getting lots of deer lately. I'm just glad they're moving off of dragon legends. He does look kind of cool, though.

Yveltal: Again, don't really like the name, but LOVE the design. Dark/flying most likely, but it looks so awesome. Black and red. Totally choosing this one.

Crackin355 said:
Yveltal: This one looks pretty amazing, Probably the reason I will be getting Y, unless Y doesn't have a Pokemon I want. His name is kind of weird, not even sure how it's pronounced. (Ya-Vet-L)? I imagine it'll be Flying/Dark-type. Or Flying/Something-type.

Pronounced: Ee-VELL-tall (I say Yee-VELL-tall though, but what I put was the official pronunciation)

Chespin: Hate its design
Fennekin: This Pokemon is nice. I usually choose Fire types, so this will be my choice
Froakie: I like its design as well.
Xerneas: I hate the ridiculous horns. Why don't we get a Dragonfly (it has X-shaped wings) or even a Starfish shaped like an X?
Yveltal: Pretty cool design. Love the Y design.

Chespin: Sucks ass.
Fennekin: Take a wiiiild guess at what my opinion of this fucking awesome fox is.
Froakie: I like this little guy, he's like an upgraded version of Mudkip.
Xerneas: Eh, it's okay.
Yveltal: Don't like it.

shockwave527 said:
Froakie: Hate the name. I originally didn't like him, but then I began to notice the design more. I like the lighter coloring, and the way the bubbles make it look like he as glasses he seems really wise and like he could be very awesome. My second fav, but he's no Chespin. I bet he'll evolve into some bearded, wise frog.
I am now going to be the first to name my new froggie "Frogfucius".

Froakie and yveltal all the way.

Although I really hope that the other pokemon are just as good as my more liked generations.

Hopefully some good new typing combos too, but i guess thats for another topic.

Fenekin and Yveltal

fenekin gave me a good reason to pick fire as the first starter in the generation (haven't done that ever)

GalacticPetey said:
Why are people hating on Chespin?

I don't know, I love the design. He looks like a chipmunk in a dinasaur suit. People think the grass looks seperate from him, or that he's odd, or that he looks too much like oshawott. They don't realize he's keeping the "historic" pattern for grass types, being based off the first mammal. He seems to have the most personality of them all by far.

GalacticPetey said:
Why are people hating on Chespin?

Eh his design isnt exactly what I like.

Also i keep thinking he'll be a normal grass type which makes me even more evasive.

I'm waiting for typing/evolutions of the starters beforehand but atm i really like Fennekin.

Haven't seen the legendaries yet.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Dr. Javelin said:
its design is terrible, and the only thing you can ask yourself when you see it is "what is this"
That's what they said about Oshawott.

Eh only good thing about its Oshawott is its final evo design.

Otherwise still a bad pokemon.

Zae said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Dr. Javelin said:
its design is terrible, and the only thing you can ask yourself when you see it is "what is this"

Yeah, exactly. Oshawott is still bad.

Whereas people like Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander are awesome by themselves.

Didn't realize they were people. I do agree that the original three starters are pretty cool by themselves, though.

mfw i pick both legendaries

6gqMU.jpg

Dr. Javelin said:
Zae said:
Rocket J. Squirrel said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Yeah, exactly. Oshawott is still bad.

Whereas people like Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander are awesome by themselves.

I like Oshawott, and Dewott, i actually don't like the final evo.

Back