Pokemon XY Starters and Legendaries

Which starter and legendary will you choose first? (Please only choose one of each)

• Total voters
Mario4Ever said:
Didn't realize they were people. I do agree that the original three starters are pretty cool by themselves, though.

Eh charmander line never really impressed me, doesn't help the fact that charizard is frail as a bread stick.

I generally don't like starters in general as I almost ALWAYS pass them up, 5 gen starters were pretty much bleak too. While snivy had some cool designs(except his final evo), he wasn't exactly useful in battle.

The other two just blew chunks.

I'm going to choose Fennekin as my first starter because it's so cute! Chespin is cute as well, so he's my second choice. I am probably going to get Y version for Yvteal. I don't really like Frokie, however.

GalacticPetey said:
Why are people hating on Chespin?
Well outside this forum Chespin seems to be getting a lot of love.

I am torn between Chespin and Froakie. I liked Chespin the best at first but after a few days, Froakie is starting to grow on to me. I'll have to wait for the evolutions to be revealed.

For me, it's kind of a waiting game, since so little is revealed.

It'll be Chespin or Fennekin for me. Depends on what Fennekin becomes once it evolves. (I avoid Fire/Fighting types, save Torchic, since it was the original concept, and since Tepig makes it's Fire/Fighting surprise, I'm not holding my breath.)

Grass Pokemon were always a challenge, save Turtwig, and I go for those kinds of Pokemon. I guess I'll just have to check stats and see.

guys it may sound crazy but maybe pokemons will finally be able to talk to humans.

Fennekin is the first fire-type started I find the most favorable of its generation (although Cyndaquil is my second most favorite started of them all). Froakie is close behind, and Chespin is Oshawott: grass edition to me (might be cool, still).

I'm going with Fennekin; I've nearly always chosen the fire starter. BUT SO HELP ME IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE FIRE/FIGHTING I WILL

ugh.

Oh, yeah, and Xerneas.

Some rumor information picture from someone that's probably fake says this:

Final Types:
Chespin --> Grass/Dark
Fennekin --> Fire/Psychic
Froakie --> Water/Fighting

Although its just a rumor, Fennekin does use a Psychic looking attack during the trailer.

Personally, I think it sounds like cool typings, but probably not true.

Water/fighting would be an interesting type but I'm not counting on it and the other two listed are so so.

But again, rumors so eh.

I would enjoy a Fire/Psychic starter. Also interesting that that would give each starter an advantage over the other two. I guess we'll have to see what they come up with. I'll honestly be okay with anything other than Fire/Fighting.

I didn't even realize the typings gave advantages to all of them.

Because it's a rumor, it could still just be someone being clever and tricking us.

schmutz said:
I would enjoy a Fire/Psychic starter. Also interesting that that would give each starter an advantage over the other two. I guess we'll have to see what they come up with. I'll honestly be okay with anything other than Fire/Fighting.

Fire/psychic is a real bleh typing, as psychic isn't very good offensively or defensively and isn't exactly top notch coverage wise. Even Victini, the only dual type bearer of it right now has little need for its dual typing and quite frankly it just seems like a let down.

So as you can imagine I don't really like psychic typing that much so I'd rather have something else, as psychic is normally not good on its own, probably the only exceptions is Mewtwo and possibly Mew.

GalacticPetey said:
Actually, Zen Darmanitan is fire/psychic also.

Oh yeah, forgot about him. Probably because he's hardly ever used and never worth it.

GalacticPetey said:

Zen Mode Darmanitan is a waste though, as Zen Mode is took gimmicky to be reliable. If anything, just stick with Sheer Force, as that makes Darmanitan's Flare Blitz much more destructive, and it can solely stick with its physical attacks.

MnSG said:
GalacticPetey said:

Zen Mode Darmanitan is a waste though, as Zen Mode is took gimmicky to be reliable. If anything, just stick with Sheer Force, as that makes Darmanitan's Flare Blitz much more destructive, and it can solely stick with its physical attacks.

Yes yes, and more yes. I mean it'd be different if zen mode was just a separate pokemon altogether, rather than some inconvenient transformation.

Chespin and Xerneas.

Back