Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

OKAY GP QUIZ TIME.

we know one of mewtwo forms resemble majin buu.

BUT.

WHAT DOES THIS FORM RESEMBLE TO YOU.

mewtwox.jpg

If Fennekin doesn't end up being Fire/Psychic, I hope it stays pure Fire. I think it'll be Fire/Psychic, though, seeing how it can learn Psybeam. If it does end up being Fire/Fighting again, I'm going to cut someone.

The fact that Ice doesn't resist Fairy disappoints me. I mean, the Ice type only resists it-freaking-self. I would have also liked that Poison had become super-effective against Water or Fighting, or both. And ANOTHER type gets a Bug resistance? Does Game Freak even know that SIX types resist Bug already? Oh well, at least Fairy is immune to Dragon and weak to Poison. Not everything can be perfect, I guess.

And that new Mega Evolution Mewtwo got is God-awful. It looks horrible, in my opinion.

Anser said:
If Fennekin doesn't end up being Fire/Psychic, I hope it stays pure Fire. I think it'll be Fire/Psychic, though, seeing how it can learn Psybeam. If it does end up being Fire/Fighting again, I'm going to cut someone.

The fact that Ice doesn't resist Fairy disappoints me. I mean, the Ice type only resists it-freaking-self. I would have also liked that Poison had become super-effective against Water or Fighting, or both. And ANOTHER type gets a Bug resistance? Does Game Freak even know that SIX types resist Bug already? Oh well, at least Fairy is immune to Dragon and weak to Poison. Not everything can be perfect, I guess.

And that new Mega Evolution Mewtwo got is God-awful. It looks horrible, in my opinion.

Game Freak must really hate Bug-types to have seven typings resist it.

Gomamon said:
Kellam said:
And being weak to steel just seems so random it's just stupid at this point.

not at all. it's exactly what i expected would happen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy said:
Much of the folklore about fairies revolves around protection from their malice, by such means as cold iron (iron is like poison to fairies, and they will not go near it)

Ah, so it's one of those folklore things. Thanks for clearing it up, I was afraid that the steel-type strength came out of nowhere.

^so you pick the one dragon that would resist fairy attacks, and actually do quite a lot of damage to a fairy-type

Kellam said:
Here's the image of the revealed Pokemon:

corocoro9137.jpg

corocoro9134.jpg

From serebii

All I gotta say is that Mega Garchomp is freaking cool, Froakie's a badass, and Chespin looks stupid.

It also states that [Fairy] is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug.

God, are they *bleep*ing serious? It's like they're intentionally trying to make the Bug-type the *bleep*tiest type in the game. And being weak to steel just seems so random it's just stupid at this point. Not really liking this.

Maybe it's because Steel moves are only super effective against Rock (4 other weaknesses) and Ice (3 other weaknesses). Heck, Fighting hits both of those types super effectively AND more. And to balance that out, they took away some of Steel's resistances so the type is no longer AS good at defence, but better at offence.

EDIT: I do like that it resists Fighting, though. Fighting has become a bit too overpowered in 5th gen.

So anyway, apparently you can only transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to X & Y and not Gen 4 despite being on the same system. Of course I just had to completely miss Gen 5.

Well, this is a fine pickle.

SKmarioman said:
So anyway, apparently you can only transfer Pokemon from Gen 5 to X & Y and not Gen 4 despite being on the same system. Of course I just had to completely miss Gen 5.

Anyway you can transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5 with two DS/3DS.

Gage42 said:
i am going to kill dialga with a clefairy

I don't think that an immunity to Dragon-type attacks can save Clefairy from a Dialga Aura Sphere by any means. This also applies to Palkia and Giratina as well.

Likewise, Garchomp can use Earthquake to murder the weaker Fairy-types as well.

I will wonder, however, if there will be an ability that's similar to Scrappy, but it instead ignores the Fairy-type's immunities. Maybe something like...

Dragon Pride: The Pokemon's offensive attacks are not affected by type immunities.

MnSG said:
Gage42 said:
i am going to kill dialga with a clefairy

I don't think that an immunity to Dragon-type attacks can save Clefairy from a Dialga Aura Sphere by any means. This also applies to Palkia and Giratina as well.

Likewise, Garchomp can use Earthquake to murder the weaker Fairy-types as well.

I will wonder, however, if there will be an ability that's similar to Scrappy, but it instead ignores the Fairy-type's immunities. Maybe something like...

Dragon Pride: The Pokemon's offensive attacks are not affected by type immunities.

i hope not, that'd be silly.

Hell that would make the game even more broken.

SKmarioman said:

That IS understandable, though. I mean, you couldn't transfer Gen 3 games to Gen 5, even though you could play Gen 5 on DSs that still had the GBA slot.

On other notes, power creep seems to be happening a LOT in this generation so far. I think Smogon is having a collective heart attack from hearing about Mega Garchomp with Sand Force.

Back