Idea Corner: Next 3D Mario Title

shockwave527

SHINX, TEPIG & CHESPIN: BEST POKEMON EVER
This is the idea corner, where an idea is posed to invent, and you can either post your own idea in the comments for the topic, or expand on someone elses idea.

Idea:
We know there will be another 3D mario game. Not like Mario 3D land, but an actual mario game, like galaxy, sunshine or 64. Yet it's hard to expand from galaxy (which is why they made Galaxy 2). So what do you think they could do for another 3D Mario game, either to make it better or to make an all new experience?

If you wish to just type your own thoughts, go ahead. If you wish to read my thoughts, read past the Luigis.

:luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi:
My thoughts:
Super Mini Mario World

Heres how it works:
Bowser has come to Peach's Garden and kidnapped Peach! Using a new item based off mini mushrooms, he turns mario to a third the size of a blade of grass and romps away. He walks to find a village in the grass, and learns there's an entire world in the Mushroom Kingdom you cannot even see. By going to different areas in a village, he can access levels which he then enters. Inside, there are people or places with exclamation points, signifying missions. Going to them begins a mission in the level. A mission may give you a crystal (you must collect crystal pieces to progress, and collecting enough allows you to grow back and battle bowser), or it can open up a new area in the level or change something in the landscape. You can collect multiple crystals without having to leave the level. Sometimes for a mission, the landscape may change to add enemies or make more/less platforms, or cut you off from somewhere entirely.

After a mission is completed, you get a switch on your bottom screen (or gamepad if Wii U). This allows you to undo and redo whatever the effect of finishing the mission was, as completing some missions may block you from others. It also allows you to replay the mission any time.

Eventually, you can face a boss. The bosses are usually regular versions of enemies, as opposed to the smaller ones you normally meet. Except, since you are small, they appear much larger.

You can use grass and other things as you are small to get places, and enter areas you couldn't if you were large.

After you beat your first boss, a pipe appears in Castle Garden Village. This allows you to access new villages in places around the mushroom kingdom (Glacier Village, Pyramid Cave, Springside City), which each contain multiple levels related to where they are (Glacier-Icy areas, Pyramid - Pyramid, desert, ETC). Through beating bosses in levels you get larger crystals, and each crystal gives off a certain amount of power. Once you have enough power, you can move on to the final boss.

One new item in this game is the Sky Maple, a light blue maple leaf you wear upside-down on your back. When wearing it, you can glide around, fly through rings to gains speed, and access new areas.

Well, that's what I have for this. Feel free to expand on my idea or post your own idea for a possibility below! Who knows, maybe Miyamoto will read this? Doubtful, but...

Oh! Forgot one thing for my game:
When completing a mission, you may get small crystals.
You get a larger crystal for completing a boss of a level.
And after completing all the level bosses of an area (or maybe all missions in an area), you face a boss in the area (area = any of the hub worlds) which is often even larger. The boss of Castle Garden Village is Petey Piranha, for example.

What would you call the last world.

Can Bowser not kidnap Peach?

Glowsquid said:
I suggest that Bowser get his own spinoff, where he leads his Koopa Kingdom against the same new villain created for the Mario games. Only it would be a darker, violent, badass action game that is the antithesis of the Mario games, and not comical like the Wario games. Something that older, action-game-loving people could enjoy. Shigeru Miyamoto may hate violence in games, but there must be someone at Nintendo that can adapt the Wii U to a more possibly M-Rated game like this. I think it's important to give Bowser a total badass edge to be a potentially M-Rated game, even having become a permanent ally. We could even have enemies that can shoot up towards the giant Bowser and hurt his health points.

Is the final boss from that Bowser game Mario? >:3

Also shockwave, your idea was very nice.

Note: if you have thoughts on someone else's game, try to say more "What if this happened" or "Maybe this could be a thing" with ideas for the game rather than "can this not happen" or stuff like that. Come up with your own thoughts, don't limit it to the creator!

Amphituber said:
I like your idea. Very Minish Cap-esque.

Thank you!

NSY said:
What would you call the last world.

Hm. Could be just Bowser's Castle, except you go through it mini and find the crystal core at the end, allowing you to become big but in turn bowser becomes giant. Then, outside, you must climb Bowser and ground pound him on the head to take him down. Before you become normal size again though, you must face a Bowser Jr. Boss.

But that's only my thoughts. Do you have any ideas?

Baby Luigi said:

Could be possible, but that's what usually happens in 3D mario games. What would you have happen instead? Do you have your own idea?

YoshiKong said:
Glowsquid said:
I suggest that Bowser get his own spinoff, where he leads his Koopa Kingdom against the same new villain created for the Mario games. Only it would be a darker, violent, badass action game that is the antithesis of the Mario games, and not comical like the Wario games. Something that older, action-game-loving people could enjoy. Shigeru Miyamoto may hate violence in games, but there must be someone at Nintendo that can adapt the Wii U to a more possibly M-Rated game like this. I think it's important to give Bowser a total badass edge to be a potentially M-Rated game, even having become a permanent ally. We could even have enemies that can shoot up towards the giant Bowser and hurt his health points.

Cool idea? Is that someone elses, though? Anyway, I like it.

IceShadow1199 said:
Is the final boss from that Bowser game Mario? >:3

Also shockwave, your idea was very nice.

Thank you. On his game, though, that's actually a game I've always wished for. You've had main series games with Luigi, Donkey Kong, Mario, Wario, Yoshi, Peach, heck even a TOAD. I don't get why we've had nothing starring bowser yet. I've had an idea where maybe you play as Bowser Jr. leading bowser's army and using powers of the different minions, but we need a game (aside from M&L or Paper Mario) starring Bowser on his own adventures! THIS MUST HAPPEN!

Side note: I will have more idea corners like this in the future, so if you like this one, be on the lookout for more. They will all be about possible futures to upcoming titles. Look in the handheld game section for my other Idea Corner on Pokemon.

shockwave527 said:
Baby Luigi said:

Could be possible, but that's what usually happens in 3D mario games. What would you have happen instead? Do you have your own idea?

All your idea is good except that part.

Baby Luigi said:
shockwave527 said:
Baby Luigi said:

What would you suggest to have happen?

GalacticPetey said:
Instead of Bowser kidnapping peach, Fawful should try to enslave the world.

Thing: I've always wanted to see what Fawful would look like in 3D. The need to add him in the next Mario Kart or something. Along with Lubba and E. Gadd, of course.

shockwave527 said:
Baby Luigi said:
shockwave527 said:
Baby Luigi said:

Anything but that and variations of that

GalacticPetey said:
Instead of Bowser kidnapping peach, Fawful should try to enslave the world.

I don't think that would really work with the rest of the story.

Also, didn't he do that already in Bowser's Inside Story?

Baby Luigi said:
shockwave527 said:
Baby Luigi said:
shockwave527 said:
Baby Luigi said:

Anything but that and variations of that

Tired of same old, same old, huh? Well bowser needs to have some kind of goal, and getting rid of Mario allows him to capture Peach, which is what he always wants to do for some reason. He could be after something else, however, and if you have an idea for that I'd be happy to hear it, but this is an Idea Corner. If you have an idea of a way to make it better, feel free, but getting rid of that overall would not make it better and would leave a large gap in the story unless you have some way to fill that gap.

I just want Bowser to get some powerful item and he tries to enslave the entire Mushroom World with it. No kidnapping involved.

Baby Luigi said:
I just want Bowser to get some powerful item and he tries to enslave the entire Mushroom World with it. No kidnapping involved.

See, now THAT'S a good idea. Not just having him not capture peach, but maybe stealing something like (idea!) the crown from special races in mario Kart, which is shown to have special powers, and in Mario's absence he begins taking over the Mushroom Kingdom.

Maybe the thing can spawn infinite minions and Bowser can attempt it even if Mario is there

YoshiKong said:
Glowsquid said:
Not true. He created the Zelda games which contain lots of violence right.

A game where Bowser goes all out on the Mushroom Kingdom without any stealing/kidnapping involved.

Brony the 45th Nazgul of the great Sith Lords said:
A game where Bowser goes all out on the Mushroom Kingdom without any stealing/kidnapping involved.

So, Bowser is a good guy now?

IceShadow1199 said:
Brony the 45th Nazgul of the great Sith Lords said:

So, Bowser is a good guy now?
No bowser gets possessed by the spirit of good or he sees it from his side and he fights mario

Back