Miis in SSB4

MikeyO11

Microgamer Extordinair
Hooray! A MikeyO11 post that isn't a mascot brawler idea! ;D So, apparently what will happen with SSB4 is that you play the story mode on your 3DS, unlock costumes, & are able to customize an avatar on the Wii U to fight with. That's nice, but I wanted your oppinion. Should the way Miis work in SSB4 be...

• Have all the Miis have the same, uncustomizable, moveset with the moves referencing games in the Wii series, Mr. G & W-style.
  • Be able to customize your Mii's outfit & moveset, with being only able to copy moves from other fighters.

ewww Miis.

In all honesty, they should stay away from other games. Maybe we can lock them all in a cage.

inb4edo

I don't see what the problem is, even for the Mii-haters (I'm ambivalent). Wouldn't it be cool for you guys to finally get a chance to beat up the hated Miis?

Dr. Javelin said:
inb4edo

I don't see what the problem is, even for the Mii-haters (I'm ambivalent). Wouldn't it be cool for you guys to finally get a chance to beat up the hated Miis?

As long as they get funny star KO screams

Legolas said:
If this happens, I hope they don't include the NSMBU voices.

Which are the same as Mario Kart 7's

On another site I go to someone pointed out that Melee and Brawl were very much sort of celebrations of the previous console. Like alot of the additions to Melee and Brawl were related to the N64 and the Gamecube respectively. And it definitely is very true. In Melee additions included Ganondorf, Zelda, and Young Link in Ocarina of Time looks and everything. Brawl included Pikmin and a whole bunch of Gamecube game related stages. I think if SSB4 is going to go the same route, and have at least one rep appear that's related to the Wii's history. Then I think a Mii is inevitable, as what else could they add that would represent the Wii in the roster? Miis by now are a part of Nintendo history whether you like them or not. So I can actually see the sense in making them playable.

It's probably best that if they are. Only their appearances are customizable and not their movesets. Otherwise some might be able to make some pretty overpowered Miis. Just give them a balanced moveset with special moves relating to actions they did in the Wii games. And I think it'd be an alright inclusion.

I think that they should induce a point system for miis if they are included. A Mii character would have say, 40 points, and each move uses up a certain amount of points.

I feel Miis would be similar to Mr. Game and Watch if they made them do things which they did in Wii games. >_>

But...I'd actually like Miis in SSB4.

How do you choose moves for a character that has no defining attributes or appearance?

I say if Nintendo has to put miis into Smash4, turn wii plaza into a stage with all the user's miis standing around as spectators.

Health Thing said:
How do you choose moves for a character that has no defining attributes or appearance?

Hey, they all look alike. Besides, they can all look the same as they did in Mario Sports Mix.

Baby Luigi said:
Health Thing said:

Hey, they all look alike. Besides, they can all look the same as they did in Mario Sports Mix.
But how many people are going to put miis of themselves in a game and say,

I wouldn't do that move
I wouldn't use that move either

Health Thing said:
Baby Luigi said:
Health Thing said:

But how many people are going to put miis of themselves in a game and say,

I wouldn't do that move
I wouldn't use that move either

Miis are just caricatures of the person being represented. I would never sound like a duck in Mario Kart 7 or animated like that when I win.

Back