Do you use walkthroughs?

MCS

Donkey Kong
Simple question: Do you use walkthroughs when playing a video game?

I only use walkthroughs if I'm resuming a game I haven't played in a long time and need to see what I need to do next, or if I'm absolutely stuck in a game. I don't use them to guide me throughout an entire game as I feel that makes it too linear. I like to explore for myself.

Hobbes

Star Spirit
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Wiki Staff
I only use them if I'm 100% sure I missed what I had to do next.

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
I watched Roahmmythril's videos for help so I'd know how to navigate in the overworld and the solution to that battery/lightbulb puzzle.

And I watched slimkirby's Crystal Shards LP to find some of the crystals.

Smasher

Smasher
Forum Moderator
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
I used to use them often when I was a newer gamer, but now I try not to use them unless I'm really stuck.

RandomYoshi

Sweden? More like Memeden.
Chat Operator
Retired Wiki Staff
I never use guides. I always search every nook and cranny until I find everyrhing. Or, in the case of an RPG, I always make my own strategy for taking down my foes. And in the case of platformers, what's there to use a guide for?

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
I don't use walkthroughs. The only reason I purchase them is for the sake of reading them.

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
I only use it in Zelda Dungeons, as any other game is pretty straight-forward, to me.
Actually, instead of using Walkthroughs, I'm actually making Walkthroughs.

Lily x

Goodbye
Only for certain sections. Very rarely. I can't stand it when my brother watches entire walkthoughs for games he doesn't even own.

Ray Trace

You Can Tick Off Birds If You Follow My Advice
Strategy guides are like walkthroughs. But I rarely read walkthroughs. The only reason I would read them is for the heck of reading them. Sometimes, the writers say funny stuff

Pyro

Power Star
I'm awful at finding secrets. During NSMB2 I found Skulldug finding star coins by accident!

I try not to use them on my first run through of a game, but sometimes I get stuck and I'm forced to do so.

If I'm going for 100%, then I usually do.

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
Not on first playthroughs, but occasionally when going back to do a 100% run

Razor

Uh...stuff
If I'm stuck on one part of the game for too long, sometimes I look at a walkthrough. Generally I don't use them.

Soundless Voice

Star Spirit
Banned User
Depends on the game I'm playing. If it's a game that's impossible for me to beat (A lot of platformers and some RPGs) I use one, but in games like Pokémon I just search through everything.