Petition: Vacation for Bowser, no more kidnappings & return old characters/place

I played them for the plot.
125271_wario_ass.jpg

Couldn't help myself.

Dorayaki said:
Squirtle said:
Dorayaki said:
If just comparing appearances, the other main characters (Daisy, Birdo, Toad) are not really luckier because they don't have major scenes in NSMB. Also, improving the plot doesn't necessarily do with more characters.
No, out of those Daisy was a main character once
Birdo was a recurring antagonist once
and Toad was only a main character twice
Oh, I thought "once" and "continuous" are different words.
What I meant by once was "only one game"

EDIT:
likesorange said:
Mario is definitely the best selling franchise. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Selling_Video_Game_Franchises
CoD is only ninth, however it has the record for most sales in one day.
Yay Pokémon

And Wii Sports stuff only got third since it came with the console

Smashgoom202 said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Sounds like a lame idea. What would Bowser be without frequent kidnappings?

That's like Dr. Eggman without sending robots after Sonic. 8ooooooooring.
That's not strictly true, either. Hell, even though most of Robotnik's plans revolve around Chaos Emeralds, he usually has a different scheme every time.
Sonic also has loads of unique antagonists. Metal Sonic,Chaos,Black Doom, Erazor Djinn, Mephiles and Dark Gaia to name a few.

Smashgoom202 said:
Glowsquid said:
I'm sure Nintendo will change their tune now that they see what Mr. Benio and blueyoshi44 think about this.

also;

Many people gladly play Mario games for the unique gameplay features offered. I however, played them also for the plots,
I think Mr. Benio is the one who made this video AND started the petition...

Mr. Benio has hated Bowser since forever ago. He put up music of Mario Party games in YouTube and would always complain in the description how he didn't what a lava place again and that they should just get rid if Bowser entirely. He's dead set on hating Mario games until bowsers out. I actually had a go at him once. Forgot what it was for, I think he was being an asshole to someone with a different opinion. That or he was complaining again

Also, no way this petition will work. I mean, does anybody even care?

Christmas Crackin355 said:
Mr. Benio has hated Bowser since forever ago. He put up music of Mario Party games in YouTube and would always complain in the description how he didn't what a lava place again and that they should just get rid if Bowser entirely. He's dead set on hating Mario games until bowsers out. I actually had a go at him once. Forgot what it was for, I think he was being an *bleep* to someone with a different opinion. That or he was complaining again

Also, no way this petition will work. I mean, does anybody even care?
I agree with him that some minor characters should have a chance to return and be Marios rivals. But improving the story doesn't equal to getting rid of Bowser, because Bowser is already part of the Mario brand. At least it's okay to make Bowser absent in a few games.

Yoshidude99 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Dr. Javelin said:

That's not strictly true, either. Hell, even though most of Robotnik's plans revolve around Chaos Emeralds, he usually has a different scheme every time.
Sonic also has loads of unique antagonists. Metal Sonic,Chaos,Black Doom, Erazor Djinn, Mephiles and Dark Gaia to name a few.
Metal Sonic was created by Dr. Robotnik, so I don't think he counts... Black Doom is more of a Shadow villain than a Sonic villain. Not to mention, Chaos and Dark Gaia were basically Robotnik trying to use them for his own needs. The other two are straight up different antagonists, though.

I find most of Nintendo's other franchises more enjoyable than the Mario series, but plot is probably not one of them when considering it.

About the petition: I think it's stupid to reuse bosses from the Paper Mario series and seeing Dimentio or Shadow Queen appear again would be boring and make little to no sense whatsoever. I wouldn't mind antagonistic groups returning though, like the X-nauts.

Also, like Crackin said, Mr benio's has a blind rage against Bowser, so this is probably a way to release his anger.

And on the subject of Dr. Eggman, I like him a lot more than Bowser, mostly for the fact that he's kind of a comedic-relief sort of villain but also because he has a personality.

Smashgoom202 said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Metal Sonic was created by Dr. Robotnik, so I don't think he counts... Black Doom is more of a Shadow villain than a Sonic villain. Not to mention, Chaos and Dark Gaia were basically Robotnik trying to use them for his own needs. The other two are straight up different antagonists, though.
True but in Sonic Heroes Metal Sonic betrayed Eggman so he sort of counts. I like Bowser and Eggman but I find Eggman funnier.

Chilly said:
I find most of Nintendo's other franchises more enjoyable than the Mario series, but plot is probably not one of them when considering it.

About the petition: I think it's stupid to reuse bosses from the Paper Mario series and seeing Dimentio or Shadow Queen appear again would be boring and make little to no sense whatsoever. I wouldn't mind antagonistic groups returning though, like the X-nauts.

And on the subject of Dr. Eggman, I like him a lot more than Bowser, mostly for the fact that he's kind of a comedic-relief sort of villain but also because he has a personality.
Some bosses I suggest to be reused are Syrup and Fawful. But Count Bleck, Dimentio and Shadow Queen are obviously only fit in the story where they appeared, since they've deceased.

Sonic series also have lots stress on Eggman in mainstream games. Some others like Shadow already become normal rivals/antiheros like Wario. To me Eggman's problem is that he doesn't really fit in some serious stories with his funny side like Bowser.

Christmas Crackin355 said:
Mr. Benio has hated Bowser since forever ago. He put up music of Mario Party games in YouTube and would always complain in the description how he didn't what a lava place again and that they should just get rid if Bowser entirely. He's dead set on hating Mario games until bowsers out. I actually had a go at him once. Forgot what it was for, I think he was being an *bleep* to someone with a different opinion. That or he was complaining again

His argument for whatever is instantly moot

Smashgoom202 said:
Metal Sonic was created by Dr. Robotnik, so I don't think he counts...
I'd say it does, because he rebelled against Robotnik in Sonic Heroes to pursue his own desires, and take world domination into his own hands.

Chilly said:

Considering that they were a far bigger threat than Bowser, it's not really a surprise that fans what the RPG villains to return.

Plus, the mainstream games have been recycling Bowser, Junior, Kamek and the Koopalings and their evil plans starting from NSMB (along with the Galaxy games).

1. Kidnap Peach
2. Set up traps and enemies for the Mario Bros.
3. Station the koopalings, Junior, and Kamek and other minions as bosses in case step 2 fails.
4. Bowser deals with the Bros. personally.
5. Bowser is defeated, Peach is saved.
6. Rinse and repeat.

The RPG villains on the other hand are more unique. They all share the common goal of world domination, but they all have different ways of doing so. Dimentio tried to outright destroy every dimension to the point where there'd be nothing left. The Shadow Queen was presumably going to use her powers to continue what she started.

Also, regarding the X-Nauts, keep in mind that Grodus is a disembodied head, Crump was/is the least competent minion, and the other generic X-Nauts aren't much of a threat. Plus, Goombella did say they've mellowed out a bit and they don't seem to be causing trouble anymore.

I for one would like to see some of the RPG villains returning, and Super Paper Mario did introduce a way for them to return (The Underwhere), with a little creative writing, they could bring back the deceased RPG villains either that or the developers could just bring them back with no explanation at all kind of like the Shroobs in Bowser's Castle in Bowser's Inside Story.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back some of the Wario villains or King K. Rool either, which could result in a crossover. Of course, I doubt Miyamoto's gonna do it.

Or how's about putting Wario back in the villainous spotlight along with Waluigi?

Chilly said:
Also, like Crackin said, Mr benio's has a blind rage against Bowser, so this is probably a way to release his anger.

I don't think his rage is blind per se. I think he hates Bowser simply because he's a villain. For example, in his Luigi's Engine Room video, someone commented that "Luigi's an enviromnental menace" and Benio responds "No, that would be Bowser with all his nature destroying lava". You could also say he's "good to the extreme" and considering Bowser (a villain) is more popular than Mario (a hero), his hate towards Bowser is actually justified to some extent if not a bit silly. Although, that's admittedly a weak (and utterly ridiculous) argument on my part, since plenty of villains are more popular than their heroic arch enemies.

Staraptor said:
For example, in his Luigi's Engine Room video, someone commented that "Luigi's an enviromnental menace" and Benio responds "No, that would be Bowser with all his nature destroying lava".

That guy needs to do some research. Volcanoes actually make the surrounding soil extremely fertile.

New Year Baby Luigi said:
Staraptor said:
For example, in his Luigi's Engine Room video, someone commented that "Luigi's an enviromnental menace" and Benio responds "No, that would be Bowser with all his nature destroying lava".

That guy needs to do some research. Volcanoes actually make the surrounding soil extremely fertile.

The guy who talked about Luigi got his comment deleted, although mrbenio's comment is still there. Just click on the "more comments" button and you'll get there eventually.
Here's the video I was talking about.

[quote author=blah blah blah]Did you see ANY smoke comming outta there? No. Besides, it was Star-powered, and those things are environment-freindly. Only creatures that can live in lava can BE in it. Honestly, how can it GIVE life to anything? Sure, I've seen fire Pokemon in Pokemon Snap evolve by getting knocked into it, but only deamons and monsters can actually be born from lava. That's what I say, yo.[/quote]

This guy has clearly demonstrated complete, bliss ignorance about how lava can bring fertile soil

Back