• Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Apparently, Pacific Rim did so well in China that a sequel is now likely:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/pacific-rim-9m-opening-in-china-biggest-ever-for-warner-bros-sequel-likely/

Honestly, one of the things I liked most about the movie was that it seemed like it was meant to be a stand-alone, rather than setting itself up as a franchise opportunity like almost every other blockbuster movie these days. It was refreshing. Guess I spoke too soon...

I don't mind or care, since Guillermo de Toro had ideas for a potential sequel, and while the story was self-contained, it still felt like it had the essence of a possible franchise about it.

Walkazo said:
Honestly, one of the things I liked most about the movie was that it seemed like it was meant to be a stand-alone, rather than setting itself up as a franchise opportunity like almost every other blockbuster movie these days. It was refreshing. Guess I spoke too soon...
Kaiju freaks like myself always need more. The fact that it's been ten years since the last Godzilla film isn't good for us. I still think a sequel can work. There is still potential.
How will drifting with the Kaiju affect Newt?
What if another rift opens? Will humanity create more Jaegers?
A prequel could also work. I'm curious about the Kaiju attacks that happened before the movie.

Guillermo del Toro said he would love a crossover with the new Godzilla movie. While there aren't any plans for a crossover currently, if the new Godzilla film does well, we could see Godzilla taking on a couple Jaegers.

But Tales From Year Zero was already a prequel.

Nabber said:
yes

seriously, it was a fantastic movie and you should see it

what's so fantastic about it

really all i see everyone raving about were the mech-monster fight scenes, and that's not my thing.

85 said:
Nabber said:
yes

seriously, it was a fantastic movie and you should see it

what's so fantastic about it

really all i see everyone raving about we're the mech-monster fight scenes, and that's not my thing.
well the action scenes are amazing though if you don't like that chances are you probably won't enjoy the movie since that's the main point
but it's well-acted, it's graphically beautiful, and it has frigging GLaDOS in it
the soundtrack wasn't too bad either

Today is K-Day. The day the Kaiju first made landfall in the movie. The Kaiju Trespasser arrived at around 9:00 or 9:30 PST. Get ready for the Kaiju.

I'm glad they changed the names from Still Seas to Pacific Rim, though. It suits the tone better.

Rather unrelated, but it found out that Ron Perlman (who played Hannibal Chau) also played Sozin from Avatar. So that's awesome.

Nabber said:
I'm glad they changed the names from Still Seas to Pacific Rim, though. It suits the tone better.

Rather unrelated, but it found out that Ron Perlman (who played Hannibal Chau) also played Sozin from Avatar. So that's awesome.
He did? Holy shit that awesome.

Just found out he also voiced Clayface in the DCAU.

saw it not too long ago

wasn't too bad

although wasnt expecting hot asian chick

Back