Mario Christmas Carol, who plays who?

Koopaul

Cheep Cheep
Now that its the holidays I've been seeing a lot of A Christmas Carol movies. Tons of franchises have inserted their characters in this story, like the Flintstones, Muppets, Mickey Mouse, and Looney Tunes!

I thought it would be fun to imagine A Mario Christmas Carol, where Mario characters play the role of Scrooge and the cast.

So who would you like to see play who? Here are some of my ideas:

Wario as Scrooge
Mario as Bob Cratchit
Luigi as Nephew Fred
Waluigi as Jacob Marley
Peach as Mrs. Cratchit
Baby Mario as Tiny Tim
Daisy as Fred's Wife
Yoshi as Fezziwig
Rosalina as Ghost of Christmas Past
Donkey Kong as Ghost of Christmas Present
Bowser as Ghost of Christmas Future

What are your suggestions?

Bowser as the grinch who stole princess Christmas.

Here's a Mario Christmas carol: http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2009/12/01/201-a-mushroom-kingdom-carol/

Most of it is Mario characters, but I think Kirby is in there.

There's Shy Guys as the beggars that knock at Mario's (Ebenezer Scrooge) door.

Woah there is! This will keep me busy for at least half an hour.

I thought there was only 1 page lol

Brawl in the Family depicted Mario as Scrooge. Anyway, my Christmas Carol perspective is not too different from yours Koopaul, but with some cast differences.

Wario: Ebenezer Scrooge
Mario: Bob Cratchit
Yoshi: Beggar
Luigi: Nephew Fred
Toad: Collectors for the Poor
Toadette: Collectors for the Poor
Waluigi: Jacob Marley
Rosalina: Ghost of Christmas Past
Toadsworth: Fezziwig
Mona: Belle
Denpū: Ghost of Christmas Present
Peach: Emily Cratchit
Baby Mario: Tiny Tim
Baby Peach: Martha Cratchit
Baby Luigi: Peter Cratchit
Bowser: Ghost of Christmas Future
Hammer Bros.: Gravediggers

Christmas Crackin355 said:
Here's a Mario Christmas carol: http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2009/12/01/201-a-mushroom-kingdom-carol/

Most of it is Mario characters, but I think Kirby is in there.
God bless us, every WAAAA

Yeah I'm not a fan because I can't see Mario as Scrooge. Wario is PERFECT as Scrooge.

i like MSnG's version better. No need to explain

This is Wario playing the character. Not actually going through a parody experience, like in Brawl in the Family.

Wario wouldn't be refered to as "Wario" he'd be called "Scrooge"
Ever seen Mickey Christmas Carol or A Muppet Christmas Carol? Its the same thing.

The idea is to find Mario characters that match the Christmas Carol characters.

Sort of like how how Sonic's storybook series did it.

I didn't think it'd be smart to throw away a characters personality that they are known for. Mario on the other hand doesn't really have a personality so it'd be easy to work with.

But if you are throwing away everything but their appearances then sure, Wario can be Scrooge. But at that point anyone could be Scrooge.

Santagast the Merry said:
No, Wario isn't perfect, considering he will never reform, no matter what.
Objection! Wario becomes the "good guy" in many of his spin-off games, like in Wario Land 4 he defeated an evil monster and saved a Princess. But it's always for some sort of treasure he gets at the end.

YoshiKong said:
Objection! Wario becomes the "good guy" in many of his spin-off games, like in Wario Land 4 he defeated an evil monster and saved a Princess. But it's always for some sort of treasure he gets at the end.

You just contradicted yourself. He did it because he's greedy, not because he's nice.

YoshiKong said:

Overruled. Wario does all of that for money, even if he does save a princess, his main intention was money. He was never really "good". The whole idea of A Christmas Carol is a mean old banker who won't give anything for charity, but reforms after a night of being haunted by three ghosts. I doubt Wario would give a penny of that money to charity after a night of ghosts.

But if Wario was never greedy during his youth, that could've made a difference. Obviously, his life as a baby did get twisted when he became obsessed with money.

Maybe for one solution for making Wario work out as Scrooge is if the Ghost of Christmas Past showed Wario his life when he wasn't being greedy, which would include his love life, but then reveal to Wario what happens when you start loving nothing but your own money; in Wario's case, he'd lose his old friends and even his future wife forever. But again, the main problem is that Baby Wario was quite affiliated with coin collecting in Yoshi's Island DS, so there would have to be a point in Wario's life where he never bothered with money; perhaps parental influence may be involved.

MnSG said:
But if Wario was never greedy during his youth, that could've made a difference. Obviously, his life as a baby did get twisted when he became obsessed with money.

Baby Wario in Yoshi's Island DS has him being Greedy. That's the whole reason he has the magnet, so he gets all the cash.

But what if when Wario received a family, they taught him that money isn't everything, and he became a selfless child who never bothered with money. Because of the discipline that Wario received, he managed to befriend a lot of characters, and even got a love interest. However, at some point after getting his love interest, Wario may have ran into a person who offered him a vast fortune, and that reawakened his greedy personality. This would in return cause everyone, including Wario's love interest, to turn against him. And for several years, Wario's greed only got worse and worse, but even during his greedy times, there are those who still think that Wario has some good inside his heart.

MnSG said:
But what if when Wario received a family, they taught him that money isn't everything, and he became a selfless child who never bothered with money. Because of the discipline that Wario received, he managed to befriend a lot of characters, and even got a love interest. However, at some point after getting his love interest, Wario may have ran into a person who offered him a vast fortune, and that reawakened his greedy personality. This would in return cause everyone, including Wario's love interest, to turn against him. And for several years, Wario's greed only got worse and worse, but even during his greedy times, there are those who still think that Wario has some good inside his heart.

Slow down there. This isn't a fan fiction, this is just a 'who plays what character' thread, I'm just saying why I think Wario is a crappy choice for Scrooge, not that he is. You can try and 'convince' me he's a good choice, but I really don't give a fuck, I just think Mario would fit better IMO.

I really only posted here to link to the Brawl in the Family version of it.

I know. I'm just making theories about the sketchy lives that a good portion of the Mario characters may have had.

Back