We need a TRUE 3d mario game!

Goron

Koopa Troopa
It's been a LONG while since there was a TRUE 3D mario game. The last, my favorite, was sunshine. The last one that actually had large areas to explore that weren't severely separated into stupid planetoids that didn't make sense and weren't really galaxies. Think about it. We need a mario game with the elements of 64 and sunshine..

Access location from HUB.
7 missions
100 coin missions
Actually connected areas, most important

The galaxy games were not bad, but weren't good in portraying what 3d mario is, it was too linear. There were all levels that were possible to fall off of which I found stupid. Every so called galaxy had a lot of stupid planetoids that just made no purpose of existing...

End of rant, discuss

I'd be up for complete open world platformer with new abilities, and powerups all over the place.

and yeah if you get my drift here, an actual open world where you could explore the mushroom kingdom and beyond.

While I do love the style of sm64 and sms think I'd really want to see it expand to a more interesting enviroment.

The galaxy games were really good and why exactly aren't they a "true" 3D Mario game,just because they are linear?Although yes I would like to see another 64/Sunshine type of game.

The 45th Nazgul said:
The galaxy games were really good and why exactly aren't they a "true" 3D Mario game,just because they are linear?Although yes I would like to see another 64/Sunshine type of game.

to be frank i dont really like when a 3d platformer is linear, but galaxy had some other issues i didn't care for either.

Not we don't need, but too many SMB titles recently. I believe there would be at least one 3D Mario game for WiiU in the future.

But indeed a mostly linear 3D game isn't interesting.

I don't really care if a 3D Mario game is linear or not.

I didn't think SMG was too linear. And wasn't SM3DL true 3D enough lol.

YoshiKong said:
I didn't think SMG was too linear. And wasn't SM3DL true 3D enough lol.

Not really. What he means is by true 3d is by sm64 and sms.

But smg was pretty linear compared to the former 3d marios, and of course if you've played an open world game, it was pretty straight forward.

I agree we need a nonlinear 3D Mario game for once. It's about damn time, Nintendo!

Back